Prospect Info: [2023 - 110th] Bogdan Konyushkov (KHL - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Im not sure if this is considered a good thing unless I’m misunderstanding? They have no intention of keeping him in Russia? Why? It doesn’t say he wants to come, it says they aren’t keeping him.

No, they don't want to block someone from going to the NHL and aren't interested in being a barrier to having them live that dream.

They just named him captain lol.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
No, they don't want to block someone from going to the NHL and aren't interested in being a barrier to having them live that dream.

They just named him captain lol.
Ok. It sounded kind of weird.

Hopefully he can acclimate to NA. Not sure what his style is. Is he another Harris?

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
I have a lot of respect for Larionov and I've watched a few highlights. This kid can really skate, makes great plays and has a good shot. I'm no expert but the way he covers the ice and transitions reminds me of Malakhov in some ways. He may be arriving just when the Habs need him most. In dreamland, Konyushkov playing the pp with Hutson is definitely a pleasant thought.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Im not sure if this is considered a good thing unless I’m misunderstanding? They have no intention of keeping him in Russia? Why? It doesn’t say he wants to come, it says they aren’t keeping him.
Konyushkov signed a 3 years extension last July, they meant that they won't try to keep him after those 3 years.

And it's been reported that he wants to come, he's just not in any hurry with the opportunity he's getting in the KHL (team #1 D and now team Captain).

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just what we need lol another defenseman.

He can go to LAVAL and slot behind mailloux i guess. He is a RD i believe

He won't be over for 3 years.. so he won't ever go to Laval. It'd be to the NHL and by then we don't know what our right side will look like, but likely could provide cheap 3rd pair minutes while being able to play higher when needed.

Reactions: bopeep

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Anyone can tell if that's impressive, rare, etc?
At 21 years old, he's captain of Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod. Looks like Torpedo is a middle ground team, 3rd in their division, ~10th overall in the league. I think he plays the most minutes per game for them too. From the stats I can see in the KHL, he's 12th overall in defenseman points. There's only 2 other defensemen 21 or under in the top-50 for KHL defensemen scoring, and they both have 7-10 less points than him. If you look at the defensemen producing more than him, all of them are in their late 20s or early 30s with the exception of Ryan Merkley who fizzled out as a NHL prospect due to his inability to defend, and Alexander Nikishin who I believe some analysts believe is one of the best players in the world outside of the NHL.

Bottom line, from a stat-watching perspective it's unusual to see a defenseman in the KHL doing what he is at the age he his. What this means for his NHL projection, I'm not sure, because I haven't actually watched him play.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone can tell if that's impressive, rare, etc?

it's good but not rare plus there's talk of the league being weaker due to the situation in Russia.

He's going to need to get stronger and bulk up as he has that Jordan Harris like frame but with good offensive skills as he can move the puck from what i've seen but he's not strong or physical so he's going to have some troubles in his own end in the NHL. But he's got a couple years to work on things.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
it's good but not rare plus there's talk of the league being weaker due to the situation in Russia.

He's going to need to get stronger and bulk up as he has that Jordan Harris like frame but with good offensive skills as he can move the puck from what i've seen but he's not strong or physical so he's going to have some troubles in his own end in the NHL. But he's got a couple years to work on things.
You’ve just described Parekh.

Reactions: dralaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad