Prospect Info: [2023 - 110th] Bogdan Konyushkov (KHL - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah, we were lucky not to lose good players in the last two expansions. But it was because,MB had built bad teams, so there was only Slim pickings down the depth chart. It doesn't look like that will be the case with HuGo teams.
Yeah luck isn't what I would call it haha.

Reactions: 26Mats

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Here is a question on Konyushkov - I've seen that due to his age we have to sign him by 2025 to keep his rights. Is this correct?

He currently has a KHL contract that goes until 2026 so we would have to make some sort of arrangement

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Here is a question on Konyushkov - I've seen that due to his age we have to sign him by 2025 to keep his rights. Is this correct?

He currently has a KHL contract that goes until 2026 so we would have to make some sort of arrangement

Where did you get that? That seems incorrect.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

From what I remember the KHL and NHL have no transfer agreements so we hold them until he is 27.

Where did you get that? That seems incorrect.
Two years is for CHL drafted prospects, I think it's four for Europeans, until they leave university for NCAA guys who stay longer than two years, and forever for KHL.

Reactions: Nevins

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
From what I remember the KHL and NHL have no transfer agreements so we hold them until he is 27.

Two years is for CHL drafted prospects, I think it's four for Europeans, until they leave university for NCAA guys who stay longer than two years, and forever for KHL.

But he said age, not draft year, so I'm confused.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
But he said age, not draft year, so I'm confused.
on habsprospects.com it says he must be signed by summer 2025, but that site is more focused on tracking prospects, stats info like that probably shouldn't be trusted

It makes me wonder how long we keep his rights, I would assume he doesn't become a FA again when his KHL contract is up in 2026, but he will be 23 when it ends. Just not sure what the rules are, do we keep his rights until he is 26 or 28 like in the old days?

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
on habsprospects.com it says he must be signed by summer 2025, but that site is more focused on tracking prospects, stats info like that probably shouldn't be trusted

It makes me wonder how long we keep his rights, I would assume he doesn't become a FA again when his KHL contract is up in 2026, but he will be 23 when it ends. Just not sure what the rules are, do we keep his rights until he is 26 or 28 like in the old days?
His original signing deadline is 2025 because he was drafted at 20 y-o and not 18 or 19. But like montreal said, it won't matter with no PTA.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Honestly might end up the best player in the draft lol
You mean our draft?
Definatly best player right now we picked in 2023...but there is a but...he'll be 21 in few days so is 2 years older then other players.
Reinbacher could become better in time, but it's a big if.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
I said, right now. This moment.
But he is 2 years older then his draft class. 2 years ago he was nowhere.
His teammate Silayev who is 17 can easily be twice the player Konyushkov is now at 21.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad