Prospect Info: [2023 - 110th] Bogdan Konyushkov (KHL - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
One would think you would have learned something after repeatedly calling Slaf a bust, but I guess not...you just like to troll.

Some people are mad because of Michkov. But when you watch Reinbacher in pre-season game with Habs, he have looked like a guy who is going to have a beautiful career in NHL. I'm one of those who wanted Michkov, Leonard or Benson. But more I see from Reinbacher, more I see a two-way beast in the making.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Trade bustbacher at this draft and move up , this kid is going to be better.

I’ll hang up and wait for your pleasant responses

I appreciate your efforts to make this place taste spicier!

Can't say I agree with you there, but as a chili addict, I can only respect your virtual impersonation of my favorite fruit!

Reactions: HabzSauce and Habs

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Funny to read that thinking some think that Lane Hutson can play in the NHL later this year and be good. If guys with a frame like Harris and Konyushkov are doubtful in their own end, imagine Hutson at 160 lbs.

it's good but not rare plus there's talk of the league being weaker due to the situation in Russia.

He's going to need to get stronger and bulk up as he has that Jordan Harris like frame but with good offensive skills as he can move the puck from what i've seen but he's not strong or physical so he's going to have some troubles in his own end in the NHL. But he's got a couple years to work on things.

Reactions: Levard

Levard

Apr 25, 2023
Funny to read that thinking some think that Lane Hutson can play in the NHL later this year and be good. If guys with a frame like Harris and Konyushkov are doubtful in their own end, imagine Hutson at 160 lbs.

Hence i'd try add Hutson in a package.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Outside of an over the hill vet you'll get nothing for Hutson. At best it's going to be a meh trade and at worse you'll look like a complete fool.
Lane Hutson?

I think there are GM's out there that would highly value him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Lane Hutson?

I think there are GM's out there that would highly value him.
Not enough to give a¸n elite player in his prime nor i don't think enough to give a blue chip prospect (without problems like Drouins had) which is what you would want for Hutson.

You can certainly get a Kakko for him but i would not do that. Trading him would more likely end up like McDo or Sergachev than the opposite.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not enough to give a¸n elite player in his prime nor i don't think enough to give a blue chip prospect (without problems like Drouins had) which is what you would want for Hutson.

You can certainly get a Kakko for him but i would not do that. Trading him would more likely end up like McDo or Sergachev than the opposite.

I'm interested in taking a flyer on Kakko, but not for Hutson.

Hutson's an intriguing talent. I'd only trade him for a young player like Cutter Gauthier.

Would I trade him for Jiricek or Zegras? Those are tough one. But on the spot I say yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Levard

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Trading Hutson, will be a bigger mistake that trading Sergachev. Some people said that's a risk with Hutson, but he have the time to work on his weakness. The skill, the IQ, the passing ability are all elite with Hutson.

The only things he need to work, he is explosiveness, defensive consistency and become more massive, so eat that protein steak and welcome to the big league my man!!

Reactions: HabzSauce

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Trading Hutson, will be a bigger mistake that trading Sergachev. Some people said that's a risk with Hutson, but he have the time to work on his weakness. The skill, the IQ, the passing ability are all elite with Hutson.

The only things he need to work, he is explosiveness, defensive consistency and become more massive, so eat that protein steak and welcome to the big league my man!!

With Guhle, Reinbacher and Struble being stable D, Hutson will have all the latitude to play like he needs and produce. 1st PP and 2nd pair at 5 vs 5 with a defensively sounded D will be optimal for him.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
With Guhle, Reinbacher and Struble being stable D, Hutson will have all the latitude to play like he needs and produce. 1st PP and 2nd pair at 5 vs 5 with a defensively sounded D will be optimal for him.

Agree. They will protect him and Hutson can do his things. I'm 100% confident that he will shine under MSL. MSL is the perfect person for smaller guy.

Hutson isn't only being spectacular with the puck, he have high offensive IQ with amazing passing ability. He can be easily on 2nd pair like you said at 5v5 and 1st PP unit, easily. Imagine the passes he will make to Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Dach. Wow!

Reactions: HabzSauce and Toene

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm a Hutson fan, but he comes with a lot of risks.

And I don't pretend to know what Hughes and Gorton would do.

Well I know they wouldn't trade their top prospect for a guy on IR, who doesn't play the style of game they covet, isn't very big, already will be looking to cash in majorly on his next contract and has questions around the league about whether he'll make an impact in the play-offs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well I know they wouldn't trade their top prospect for a guy on IR, who doesn't play the style of game they covet, isn't very big, already will be looking to cash in majorly on his next contract and has questions around the league about whether he'll make an impact in the play-offs.
The same things were said about Nylander before and after his contract hold out. I advocated trading aging Weber for Nylander when he was slumping. It wasn't a popular take.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The same things were said about Nylander before and after his contract hold out. I advocated trading aging Weber for Nylander when he was slumping. It wasn't a popular take.

Nylander may be the one who performs the most out of the merry band of underperformers in Toronto.. but that assessment is true, still. He isn't a good playoff performer.. and Zegras at no level has shown an ability close to Nylander.

Reactions: viceroy

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nylander may be the one who performs the most out of the merry band of underperformers in Toronto.. but that assessment is true, still. He isn't a good playoff performer.. and Zegras at no level has shown an ability close to Nylander.
It will be interesting to see what each does over the next 10 years. And I'm a big Hutson fan offensively.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
It's very possible Zegras holds and may always hold more value than Hutson, but I wouldn't trade for him. He is the ultimate Harlem Globetrotter. I am unsure he will ever play in a way that contributes positively to a hard working serious contending team.

Reactions: HabzSauce and jrom

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Some people are mad because of Michkov. But when you watch Reinbacher in pre-season game with Habs, he have looked like a guy who is going to have a beautiful career in NHL. I'm one of those who wanted Michkov, Leonard or Benson. But more I see from Reinbacher, more I see a two-way beast in the making.
I can understand anyone who is disappointed. The team hasn't had a point per game player in forever, and most fans wants to be entertained on a game by game basis and don't worry as much about winning the cup since only one team can do it.

There needs to be a balance, you can't only have solid, vanilla players, and right now we're solely lacking in entertainment.

Reactions: c3z4r

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'm interested in taking a flyer on Kakko, but not for Hutson.

Hutson's an intriguing talent. I'd only trade him for a young player like Cutter Gauthier.

Would I trade him for Jiricek or Zegras? Those are tough one. But on the spot I say yes.

I agree with you both - I think Hutson is the type of talent you have to keep and hope he pans out. He's not going to get an elite nhler in a return package now, so you may as well see and hope he can become one. He certainly seems to have the talent to indicate he has a chance.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Can he make that in the AHL on an entry level deal?
No. An NHL entry level contract cap minor league salary to $70k (unless they bumped it recently) and the performance bonus are for the NHL only. Signing bonus are also capped on ELC (95k max).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad