WJC: 2022 Team Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I think Will Cuylle might surprise and make the team. I know it was previously thought he’d be on the team and then he wasn’t on the summer camp roster for some reason, but he had a great prospect camp and training camp. As far as Rangers prospects are concerned, I’d give him a higher chance to make this team than Othmann. I think he’s the better player for now.
I totally agree - he is a perfect guy for a bottom-6 spot. Good skater with a laser of a shot and throws his body around like no one else his age.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Carter Savoie had a 6 point game last night hopefully he keeps it up and forces Team Canada to bring him to camp. I also hope Michael Benning from that team is given a look. Maybe I'm just spoiled from Byram and Drysdale last but Im a a little nervous about how good our puck moving defenseman is going to be.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Wright and Bédard (especially) off to slow starts this season, time to turn it around or is the dye cast?
They're only slow starts relative to the incredibly high expectations.

5 points in 7 games and 6 in 5 isn't exactly terrible. They'll be fine

In the past 10 years, only 8 players have been Point per game in the WHL in their D-1 season.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
When is the schedule going to come out? I remember last year they had a while to do it.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Elliot Desnoyers with a hat trick and 2 assists the other day I'm very high on him. I think he should pair with L'Heureux on the 4th line as they play together with Halifax. I watch them play all the time however so I can be a little bias.

I like those who think this is a weaker team, you don't need the best players in hockey to win a tournament you just need to have chemistry and outplay your opponents. Good defence and goal-tending is very key as well and I like what they have back there.

Reactions: DavidLamb

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Elliot Desnoyers with a hat trick and 2 assists the other day I'm very high on him. I think he should pair with L'Heureux on the 4th line as they play together with Halifax. I watch them play all the time however so I can be a little bias.

I like those who think this is a weaker team, you don't need the best players in hockey to win a tournament you just need to have chemistry and outplay your opponents. Good defence and goal-tending is very key as well and I like what they have back there.
Who is saying it is a weaker team?

So much depends on how many players we lose to the NHL.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

What? The 2020 and 2021 drafts were insanely stacked for us and we’ll probably have the top two players in the 2022 draft also on the team. We should absolutely steamroll everyone, and we shouldn’t even consider a middling player having a decent season like Desnoyers.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Canada sends a strong team every year regardless of how many players are made available by NHL clubs. Expect much of the same this year.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
What? The 2020 and 2021 drafts were insanely stacked for us and we’ll probably have the top two players in the 2022 draft also on the team. We should absolutely steamroll everyone, and we shouldn’t even consider a middling player having a decent season like Desnoyers.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. and especially for the 2020 draft and the junior team this year. there were 5 overagers in the 1st rd. and among the top 20 picks we lose 2-3 to to the NHL.

We will have to rely a lot on the '21 draft and the 18 year olds. And we may lose at least one of those to the NHL.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
That's a bit of an exaggeration. and especially for the 2020 draft and the junior team this year. there were 5 overagers in the 1st rd. and among the top 20 picks we lose 2-3 to to the NHL.

We will have to rely a lot on the '21 draft and the 18 year olds. And we may lose at least one of those to the NHL.
Our forwards and defense would match up well against a theoretical all star team of all our opponents.

As it should be every year, this team will be going for gold or disappointment.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

That's fair but there should be enough fire power remaining to produce a top quality team - unless, of course, the NHL robs us blind.

Still can't believe we lost last year - such a shame.

Reactions: novisor

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Cant all of them be sent down to AHL?

A team without them:

Johnson-Guenther-Wisdom
Sourdif-Wright-Stankoven
Foudy-Bedard-Foerster
C.Savoie-Bourque-Perreault
Greig

Guhle-Clarke
Power-Hunt
Lambos-O'Rourke
Ceulemens

Cossa
Garand

That would be a really cool Defense to see as a Wild fan. Half of the Defense would be wild prospects!

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
any chance HC goes with a physical 4th line? good ol checking line.

Cuylle - L'Heureux - Stillman

I think at most, you see one of those guys on this team. I would lean Stillman out of those guys as well, he was really good I thought at the u18s which Canada seems to take into account

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Almost that time of year again... there is nothing better than the week between Christmas and New Years with the World Juniors on. Can't wait until they release the schedule. Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

Reactions: Dominance and SOLR

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
They're only slow starts relative to the incredibly high expectations.

5 points in 7 games and 6 in 5 isn't exactly terrible. They'll be fine

In the past 10 years, only 8 players have been Point per game in the WHL in their D-1 season.

Watched Wright's last 2 games and if he doesnt pick his game up, TC is in trouble, kid is an average skater by junior level standarts, doesnt move his feet, lacks pace and has very little impact on the game as of now. Maybe he is not in very good shape due to missing a whole season last year, but his play right now is alarming and surely not worth a 1st OV selection in the upcoming draft.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Cant all of them be sent down to AHL?

A team without them:

Johnson-Guenther-Wisdom
Sourdif-Wright-Stankoven
Foudy-Bedard-Foerster
C.Savoie-Bourque-Perreault
Greig

Guhle-Clarke
Power-Hunt
Lambos-O'Rourke
Ceulemens

Cossa
Garand

Xavier Bourgault is 100% a lock to play on the top 9. Possibly 2nd line center since Wright is badly struggling right now.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Xavier Bourgault is 100% a lock to play on the top 9. Possibly 2nd line center since Wright is badly struggling right now.

I don't think that Bourgault is a lock for the team, but I've watched a few Shawinigan games this year and he is looking good. I didn't like his game that much in years past but all that matters is what he is doing this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad