WJC: 2022 Team Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Not really sure what Pronman saw from Dean and Evangelista in these 2 games. They're more likely to be cut than make it imo.
Although there can be some obvious picks for both good and bad performances, a lot of this is eye-of-the-beholder stuff. If you happened to be paying the most attention when a player has his best moment, it will leave a bigger impact.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Hopefully it's Pronman's opinion rather than rumblings from the coaching staff
The tweet makes it seem like it's just speculation on Pronman's part.
Although there can be some obvious picks for both good and bad performances, a lot of this is eye-of-the-beholder stuff. If you happened to be paying the most attention when a player has his best moment, it will leave a bigger impact.
True, but it seems to be pretty consensus that both were among the weaker forwards in these 2 games.

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Good looking lineup. Johnson and Bedard have played roller hockey together for years and this past summer they dominated the men’s league. Wonder if they get a look together on the ice.

Did not know this! Good info. In that case I like swapping Perfetti and Johnson. I know McTavish and Bedard played together at last year's U18 so would be great for Canada if that trio found some early chemistry.

JT63

Jan 20, 2013
Dave Cameron scares me as the coach. Still can’t get over the Clarke omission especially when you don’t have a RHD on the roster. With that said, the team is well rounded and should be in the thick of it. Excited for the pre tourney games leading into Boxing Day!

Maybe we have a new trend every three years: questionable coach and a QF exit.

2016: Dave Lowry, QF loss vs Finland
2019: Tim Hunter, QF loss vs Finland
2022: Dave Cameron, remains to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad