Stankoven-McTavish-Bedard
Johnson-Bourque-Bourgault
Neighbours-Grieg-Sourdif
Cuylle, Desnoyers

Power-Guhle
Sebrango-Zellweger
Lambos-Cormier
O’Rourke, Seeley

I would also have Savoie, Lapierre, Roy, and Clarke here over Cuylle, Desnoyers, Sourdif, and Seeley but the lineup still looks good despite missing Byfield, Drysdale, Sillinger, and Jarvis.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Lol @ cutting players from the Q who performed better than a lot of other grinders.... old mentality never change.

Shane Wright was awful...too

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Lol @ cutting players from the Q who performed better than a lot of other grinders.... old mentality never change.

Shane Wright was awful...too

Who are you referring to exactly? I dont really see anyone on that list that was outplayed at camp at all

Reactions: Dominance

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
My lineup:

Perfetti-Wright-Guenther
Stankoven-McTavish-Bedard
Johnson-Bourque-Bourgault
Neighbours-Grieg-Sourdif
Cuylle, Desnoyers

Power-Guhle
Sebrango-Zellweger
Lambos-Cormier
O’Rourke, Seeley

I would also have Savoie, Lapierre, Roy, and Clarke here over Cuylle, Desnoyers, Sourdif, and Seeley but the lineup still looks good despite missing Byfield, Drysdale, Sillinger, and Jarvis.

Love that 3rd line.

Not sure about running Power-Guhle as a pairing. I like them both anchoring the top 4 LHD spots playing monster minutes. Being able to throw one of them on the ice at all times makes us a stronger team in tight games.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cuylle over Roy is indefensible based on performance in the camp IMO but I also think the “anti-QMJHL” narrative is a joke.

I dont necessarily think so. Cuylle was brought to play a fourth line type energy role and he played it extremely well in camp. He adds a completely different element to the team and was noticeable, especially in the first scrimmage. Hes almost a goal per game in Windsor too so its not like hes just some meat head. I've seen a few guys bring up Cuylle in here and I thought he was actually really solid in camp. I noticed him more than Roy personally so I dont think its some major travesty at the very least or even close to being an anti Q thing

JT63

Jan 20, 2013
I dont necessarily think so. Cuylle was brought to play a fourth line type energy role and he played it extremely well in camp. He adds a completely different element to the team and was noticeable, especially in the first scrimmage. Hes almost a goal per game in Windsor too so its not like hes just some meat head. I've seen a few guys bring up Cuylle in here and I thought he was actually really solid in camp. I noticed him more than Roy personally so I dont think its some major travesty at the very least or even close to being an anti Q thing

I feel like Tverberg was way better as an energy player. Cuylle's line in the first game could barely do anything in the offensive zone. I guess he could throw hits but they never felt effective in terms of changing possession.

Tverberg was really strong on the forecheck and his line cycled real well in the offensive zone.

Reactions: Dominance

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I feel like Tverberg was way better as an energy player. Cuylle's line in the first game could barely do anything in the offensive zone. I guess he could throw hits but they never felt effective in terms of changing possession.

Tverberg was really strong on the forecheck and his line cycled real well in the offensive zone.

Tverberg had a good first period but did absolutely nothing to stand out after that in the first game. I also think theres some people shitting in Cuylle because of his line. Cuylle himself played well and was doing all kinds of good stuff, his line wasnt and theres a difference. I didnt get to watch much of the second game so maybe he was better in parts I missed but it seems like all the ype I've read on Tverberg was from that first period of the first game

Even if you thought Tverberg was better (a stretch but you can have it), thinking hes way better somehow makes me think youre a Leaf fan because I dont see how anyone would really see it that way without some bias in the mix.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JT63

Jan 20, 2013
Tverberg had a good first period but did absolutely nothing to stand out after that in the first game. I also think theres some people shitting in Cuylle because of his line. Cuylle himself played well and was doing all kinds of good stuff, his line wasnt and theres a difference. I didnt get to watch much of the second game so maybe he was better in parts I missed but it seems like all the ype I've read on Tverberg was from that first period of the first game

Even if you thought Tverberg was better (a stretch but you can have it), thinking hes way better somehow makes me think youre a Leaf fan because I dont see how anyone would really see it that way without some bias in the mix.

Canucks fan, unfortunately, but also fortunately lol

Just thought his forechecking and possession in both games looked better

Reactions: newfy

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not a single RS dman is certainly a bit of a choice but I guess I can see it. Like O'Rourke and Neighbours a lot, hope they get a chance to standout. Good luck to every other team scoring on a 6'7 Cossa playing behind that defense.

Wonder who leads the team in scoring? Going to guess Johnson does. Looking for Perfetti to improve on last year's performance.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Love that 3rd line.

Not sure about running Power-Guhle as a pairing. I like them both anchoring the top 4 LHD spots playing monster minutes. Being able to throw one of them on the ice at all times makes us a stronger team in tight games.

McKenzie says that the plan for now is not to play Power and Guhle on the same pairing, which is good. He called Zellweger the top right side defenceman. Also mentioned that Hunt was on the team if not for breaking his hand blocking a shot.

Tverberg had a good first period but did absolutely nothing to stand out after that in the first game. I also think theres some people shitting in Cuylle because of his line. Cuylle himself played well and was doing all kinds of goaod stuff, his line wasnt and theres a difference. I didnt get to watch much of the second game so maybe he was better in parts I missed but it seems like all the ype I've read on Tverberg was from that first period of the first game

Cuylle brings a different element, as you've said. It's a fairly defensible pick. Also even though Cuylle was decent at camp it isn't as if the camp is the sole factor at play. Cuylle may have been in a position where he had a tentative spot coming in and no one stepped up to take it away.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I don't think I can recall a team at this level with this many elite shooters. Wright, McTavish, Bedard, Guenther, Stankoven and Cuylle can absolutely rip the puck at an NHL level.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Did it ever come out why they snubbed Clarke? Too bad Savoie isn’t there either but oh well - still a strong roster, hard to call it strongest possible under the circumstances but gold is still well within reach with that top 6.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Did it ever come out why they snubbed Clarke? Too bad Savoie isn’t there either but oh well - still a strong roster, hard to call it strongest possible under the circumstances but gold is still well within reach with that top 6.
For Clarke: either some snarky comments he made about not being invited last year or if you believe the public reasoning he’s not good enough in his own zone

for savoie: the brothers have a long history of tumultuous relations with Hockey Canada

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It probably won't matter because Canada is so deep, but Cuylle is such a bizarre pick with so many better options available. Fills the size quota, but I don't think he's useful when the pace picks up. Lapierre (imo) was the best player the last time this age group played together. He should have been on the team as an extra at least.

Reactions: Mehar

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Not what I expected, but here's my projection:

Perfetti-McTavish-Guenther
Johnson-Wright-Bourque
Stankoven-Bourgault-Bedard
Neighbours-Grieg-Sourdif
Cuylle, Desnoyers

Power-O'Rourke
Guhle-Cormier
Lambos-Zellweger
Seeler, Sebrango

Goalies

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Glad to see Bedard make the team. Always a treat to see a novelty like a 16 year-old in a 19 year-old's tournament. He left them no choice. For some reason I have a feeling though that this team will underperform and Cameron is going to get a ton of flak for it (I don't know why, I just have a feeling that it's one of those years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad