BBerard
NDempsey
DQuint
SPoapst
JStrudwick
JAitken

MLeighton
CAnderson

2003-04...then lockout...then Tallon screw up with the ‘new NHL’ rules, does anyone remember the 2005-06 season and the Hawks brought league officials in to explain obstruction to its players about 12 games into the season? Tallon admitted to building the wrong kinda team coming out of lockout...that roster was just as bad

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Roster when the Hawks were bad...

TArnason
MBell
TRuutu
SSullivan
KCalder
BMcLean
SNichol
IKorolev RIP
VNieminen
IRadulov
TMoen
RVandenbussche

BBerard
NDempsey
DQuint
SPoapst
JStrudwick
JAitken

MLeighton
CAnderson

2003-04...then lockout...then Tallon screw up with the ‘new NHL’ rules, does anyone remember the 2005-06 season and the Hawks brought league officials in to explain obstruction to its players about 12 games into the season? Tallon admitted to building the wrong kinda team coming out of lockout...that roster was just as bad
The ABC line!

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Roster when the Hawks were bad...

TArnason
MBell
TRuutu
SSullivan
KCalder
BMcLean
SNichol
IKorolev RIP
VNieminen
IRadulov
TMoen
RVandenbussche

BBerard
NDempsey
DQuint
SPoapst
JStrudwick
JAitken

MLeighton
CAnderson

Our currently defence looks WAY BETTER than that did

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
You better believe it!

I remember the first time I saw Mitchell in game action. It was a Denver game on TV (I think the year after they drafted him). He carried the puck out of the d-zone and into the o-zone, carried it behind the net, came out the other side and made a nice pass to a team mate. I thought - yeah, we got a legit PMD here. But that was the high point - from there I would see him make nice plays is succeeding viewings of Denver games but some of the negative things started showing up - like lack of speed and no physical game. In my way of thinking - to be a top d-man you have to have either speed or physicality or be elite offensively. Mitchell didn't have any of those attributes and from there my expectations were lowered from top-3 d-man to bottom-3 d-man - IF - he can get over his "deer in the headlights" reaction to the physical play in the NHL.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Obviously I want Chicago to win, it’ll be hard this season unless Richardson has some kind of coaching greatness...that said I’d love for the Hawks to get a top 3 pick this year...I’d live for TB to crap the bed and have a 11-16 pick from them this year, then they do worse next year so we get an unprotected 2025 1st!...also Dallas being really bad would be great as well...

2023 Draft Hawks pick
1-3 Chicago
11-16 Tampa Bay
33-35 Chicago
43-48 Tampa Bay
65-67 Chicago
65-67 Dallas
97-99 Chicago

7 picks in the top 100

Reactions: Space umpire

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think our goaltending is really going to be the issue (probably worst tandem in the league) our D could be slightly better are Off will be worse and hopefully way worse come FEB

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

Attachments

• B9839030-593D-4DFF-AADD-31E027EEBDCA.png
    B9839030-593D-4DFF-AADD-31E027EEBDCA.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: EddieTheEagle

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I think the team will actually be better in terms of forwards and D, but the goaltending will bring it down to Top 3 worst teams.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Obviously I want Chicago to win, it’ll be hard this season unless Richardson has some kind of coaching greatness...that said I’d love for the Hawks to get a top 3 pick this year...I’d live for TB to crap the bed and have a 11-16 pick from them this year, then they do worse next year so we get an unprotected 2025 1st!...also Dallas being really bad would be great as well...

2023 Draft Hawks pick
1-3 Chicago
11-16 Tampa Bay
33-35 Chicago
43-48 Tampa Bay
65-67 Chicago
65-67 Dallas
97-99 Chicago

7 picks in the top 100

And possibly a 1st round pick from the Kane trade. If the Hawks finish with the worst record and don't get screwed by the ping pong balls - they will have 3 picks in to top-33 and a 4th if they get one in a Kane trade.

Acknowledging counting chickens before they hatch is a jinx - what if they get a top-3 pick with their own 1st rounder - would you trade the 2 late 1st round picks (TB and from Kane trade) along with their own 2nd round pick (33-35?) to move up to grab another top-12 pick?

Granted there's still a whole hockey season to go and the players projected to go in the 1st round will get shuffled around but I think the general consensus is the first 3 picks are pretty solidified with Bedard being #1 and Michkov and Fantilli being the other two top-3 picks. But then the next 10-15 are all high end players worthy to be in the top-10 - so maybe a #12 pick would be worth giving up the #24, #28, and #33 picks?

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
If Kane goes anywhere really want it to be the Rangers, I would love Kane Panarin 2.0. Funny part about these two wasn't just their crazy plays to each other but also it was the reaction afterwards.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
And possibly a 1st round pick from the Kane trade. If the Hawks finish with the worst record and don't get screwed by the ping pong balls - they will have 3 picks in to top-33 and a 4th if they get one in a Kane trade.

Acknowledging counting chickens before they hatch is a jinx - what if they get a top-3 pick with their own 1st rounder - would you trade the 2 late 1st round picks (TB and from Kane trade) along with their own 2nd round pick (33-35?) to move up to grab another top-12 pick?

Granted there's still a whole hockey season to go and the players projected to go in the 1st round will get shuffled around but I think the general consensus is the first 3 picks are pretty solidified with Bedard being #1 and Michkov and Fantilli being the other two top-3 picks. But then the next 10-15 are all high end players worthy to be in the top-10 - so maybe a #12 pick would be worth giving up the #24, #28, and #33 picks?
The Blackhawks from 2003 to 2007 were bad...then they were able to pick Toews at #3, and won the draft lottery to select Kane #1...3 Cups later and poor hockey since what 2018? It’ll come people, it’ll come

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
If Kane goes anywhere really want it to be the Rangers, I would love Kane Panarin 2.0. Funny part about these two wasn't just their crazy plays to each other but also it was the reaction afterwards.

I'd like it to be the Rangers because maybe that means they get the Dallas 1st round pick they just got in the Lundkvist deal and if Dallas misses the playoffs (and don't win the lottery) - that pick would be in the 14-15-16 range - AND that would be perfect for combining with the TB pick to move up in the top-10 and come away with our own 1st round pick (hopefully Bedard) and then another top-10 pick - someone like Calum Ritchie, Eduard Sale, Leo Carlsson, or any of several more top end players who will go in the top-10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad