Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Another potential top line center like Geekie would be pretty awesome also.
I don’t mind a center also because I think ultimately either of zegras and mctavish could go winger if we needed. But I expect geekie to go top 5 personally

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I've been on his band wagon since before the WJC. I can easily see him being the best player in this draft.
After the falling stock in Lambert/Savoie/Miroshnichenko i could see Jiricek being #2 overall in the draft.
I think he'll have a late riser status like McTavish and jump into the top3. He's meaner than McTavish, bigger, faster and has as deadly of a shot.

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon
Miro drops to #12 on this site. I would pick him at #12 if Jiricek is off the board.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Chelsey, Howard, Gauthier, Salomonsson, Luneau, Ohgren would be my first round pick targets (assuming we pick 16 + )

Ohgrem screams typical Ducks' 20+ draft selection with descriptors of "safest" or "most readymade pro game" as a teenager. (Source) I like him! Another player to put into the mix is 6'4 LHD Owen Pickering, but he might be rising b/c he's found his scoring touch in the WHL this season.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
After the falling stock in Lambert/Savoie/Miroshnichenko i could see Jiricek being #2 overall in the draft.
I think he'll have a late riser status like McTavish and jump into the top3. He's meaner than McTavish, bigger, faster and has as deadly of a shot.

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon
Miro drops to #12 on this site. I would pick him at #12 if Jiricek is off the board.
Thats what im afraid of regarding Jiricek... he will likely play himself into top 5 .. if he isnt already

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Another potential top line center like Geekie would be pretty awesome also.

Geekie sounds awesome. Reminds me of Getzlaf from what I have read. Imagine him on the line with McTavish and having to face those two? And then you would still have Zegras on another line. Sadly, Geekie will be out of Ducks' reach.

Last edited:

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Marco Kasper, not only Austrian fellow he also is out of my beloved KAC (like Thimo Nickl btw). Outside of this, there are some great players. I really like Nazar, Lambert and Perevalov.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Marco Kasper, not only Austrian fellow he also is out of my beloved KAC (like Thimo Nickl btw). Outside of this, there are some great players. I really like Nazar, Lambert and Perevalov.
I liked kasper in the WJC, would be a good pick with a late first

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Thats what im afraid of regarding Jiricek... he will likely play himself into top 5 .. if he isnt already
Yeah. I could see us possibly picking in the top 10, but top 5 seems unlikely. Lots of suckage in the east this season, plus Arizona and Seattle.

Edit: I'm not advocating tank. Just saying that other teams are catching up to us. The Sharks and the Canucks have been better lately, Calgary and Edmonton have six games in hand. We'll finish ahead of Seattle, but other than that the Pacific is still wide open.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Pronman has his mid-season prospect ranking out today: link.

At 15th, Pronman has LHD 6'4 Owen Pickering. I knew Pickering would be rising, but I guess his ascent is going up much faster due to his scoring this season on top of his good defense. Although we lack RHD talent depth, I'd still look into Pickering b/c we still need to improve our defensive depth. 6'1 LW Ohgrem is ranked 30th. Both of these prospects were not ranked in the first round to begin the season, iirc.

If we end up picking a forward in the first round and are looking specifically for RHD in the 2nd or 3rd round, then maybe we could look at Russian Artyom Barabosha. He's 6'2, 190 lbs, and a defensive defenseman who is looking for big hits! On his Elite Prospects (EP) page, Central Scouting (EU) has him ranked 66th and Draft Prospects has him ranked 78th overall.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
3A6F96DC-10F2-44FC-BDF3-ECAA3873C654.jpeg

here is the top 32 for Bobs list

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I have a bad feeling about Lambert. I haven't seen an undrafted player in Finland switching teams like this before. Not that I've paid too much attention... I just feel like whenever he feels like he isn't given what he wants he'll come back to you with a trade request. Or his dad/agent will.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I have a bad feeling about Lambert. I haven't seen an undrafted player in Finland switching teams like this before. Not that I've paid too much attention... I just feel like whenever he feels like he isn't given what he wants he'll come back to you with a trade request. Or his dad/agent will.

Yeah, I would like to know how much his dad has affected the situation.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
There are a lot of defensemen outside the top 32 of TSN's rankings that are really interesting to me.

Lian Bichsel
Elias Salomonsson

Salomonsson is the prototypical Ducks pick to me. Good sized, smooth skating, 2-way Swedish defensemen.

Lian Bichsel is who I want. 17 year old playing 19 minutes a game in the SHL in his first year outside Switzerland. 6'5 215 lbs and skates really well. I have seen him compared to Seider in his draft year multiple times.
It's hard to find footage but here is a video.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
There are a lot of defensemen outside the top 32 of TSN's rankings that are really interesting to me.

Lian Bichsel
Elias Salomonsson

Salomonsson is the prototypical Ducks pick to me. Good sized, smooth skating, 2-way Swedish defensemen.

Lian Bichsel is who I want. 17 year old playing 19 minutes a game in the SHL in his first year outside Switzerland. 6'5 215 lbs and skates really well. I have seen him compared to Seider in his draft year multiple times.
It's hard to find footage but here is a video.

When I was looking around the late 20's, I thought Bichsel could be a player we draft earlier than projected. I know he's not a RHD, but he would look good in our system. Central Scouting, EU mid-term ranking has him ranked 14th best European prospect. Playing in the SHL already is a great sign!

Another defenseman I like is Owen Pickering, 6'4 defensive d-man who's found scoring touch. Central Scouting, NA has him ranked 21st, above RHD Chesley, who's is only a shutdown defenseman right now. Pronman has Pickering 15th in his mid-term 2022 prospect ranking. MyNHLdraft has Pickering going 30th. He's a LHD. Trying to find a good RHD later in the first is difficult to find b/c the talent on the left side looks to have more upside.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
We need defensemen who can defense, win pucks in the corner, skate, and have some kind of offense. That way, the player will be more valuable b/c he would be mainstay at ES than just a PP guy.
That describes David Jiricek.
He does all that and also has a Big shot from the blue line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad