Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
50/50 on that.
What if Russia might not let their prospects come to the US/Canada after being drafted ? I suspect Russia would use intidmation tactics like they tried on Panarin.

Just so happens there is 2 Russians who would nornally go top10 this year but now might slide because of the war.

Or it could be like Cuban baseball players with the MLB, where they're willing to defect. I think money factors in this too. Will the KHL be able to sustain pay due to this event? If they can, then it's business as usual. If not, then could see the players defect.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
At this point I would say a top 10 pick is not out of the question. Especially if the UFAs are moved.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
At this point I would say a top 10 pick is not out of the question. Especially if the UFAs are moved.
Been saying it, this team has way too many question marks, everywhere. It's okay though we need another high pick to hit.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Imagine we win the draft lottery. That would be nice to start off Verbeek GM career.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems likely we will have a late first as well this year, Cutter Gauthier would be a massive snag if he is still on the board, he does it all.

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
Here is what elite prospect wrote on Gauthier

“The perfect complementary player, Cutter Gauthier has made every line he's played on better for the USNTDP U18 squad this season. He's a physical forward with a knack for shaking pucks loose on the forecheck, and he has a good sense for how to create space for his linemates with his combination of size and speed. You couple that with one of the better shots in the draft, and Gauthier strikes our team as one of the safest projections in the entire class.”

Could be effective almost anywhere in a lineup if he hits, would pair well with Zegras and Perreault possibly, or complete a dangerous shutdown line with McTavish and Terry. Honestly lots of possibilities. Could also be a third line scoring threat that defends well, and drives the line.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I feel like this draft could be all over the place. There is 2 highly ranked Russians and where they go in the draft is gonna be really hard to predict based on how worried teams are the player won't leave KHL in 2 years.....issues could come up with regards to their familys that force the players to stay in KHL with the way things are going over in Russia. Also we have no idea that during the 2 years they'd play in KHL before coming over if things change in Russia that prevents them from being able to leave.

Yurov and Miroshnichenko are interesting prospects i'd normally want to draft in the 10 to 15 range.
Them sliding in the draft means guys like Geekie, Kemell, Jiricek and Nemec would go sooner.

Then there is Mintyukov is playing in north america already so picking him with a late first wouldn't have as much risk.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I feel like this draft could be all over the place. There is 2 highly ranked Russians and where they go in the draft is gonna be really hard to predict based on how worried teams are the player won't leave KHL in 2 years.....issues could come up with regards to their familys that force the players to stay in KHL with the way things are going over in Russia. Also we have no idea that during the 2 years they'd play in KHL before coming over if things change in Russia that prevents them from being able to leave.

Yurov and Miroshnichenko are interesting prospects i'd normally want to draft in the 10 to 15 range.
Them sliding in the draft means guys like Geekie, Kemell, Jiricek and Nemec would go sooner.

Then there is Mintyukov is playing in north america already so picking him with a late first wouldn't have as much risk.
Jiricek and nemec will both go top 5.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Here is what elite prospect wrote on Gauthier

“The perfect complementary player, Cutter Gauthier has made every line he's played on better for the USNTDP U18 squad this season. He's a physical forward with a knack for shaking pucks loose on the forecheck, and he has a good sense for how to create space for his linemates with his combination of size and speed. You couple that with one of the better shots in the draft, and Gauthier strikes our team as one of the safest projections in the entire class.”

Could be effective almost anywhere in a lineup if he hits, would pair well with Zegras and Perreault possibly, or complete a dangerous shutdown line with McTavish and Terry. Honestly lots of possibilities. Could also be a third line scoring threat that defends well, and drives the line.

I talked about Gauthier about a month ago. I like what he brings, but the thing is that if the Ducks are drafting in top 10, I would want a player that is more than just a complementary player.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
it doesn’t really matter because if Jiricek is available at our pick I think he is bpa and we should still take him, but is he really still the perfect fit now? I think verbeek has insinuated that Helleson is a future top 4 dman.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
With Lindholm potentially gone they will be uber soft on the blueline with Fowler & Drysdale and get punted out of the playoffs when the team becomes good again.

Well if they draft Jiricek i guess they could trade Helleson then.
Jiricek has potential to become a 1D and be that guy who puts up 15 goals 40 assists a season from the blue line and is physically built for the playoffs.
Like a better skating Shea Weber. Helleson won't be anywhere near that.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Having Drysdale/Helleson/Jiricek down the right wouldn't be bad (not that I think Jiricek will be there when we pick). You can have 3 very different pairings depending on who you put on the left, make the team a match up nightmare, they could roll all 3 pairings evenly or based on who's hot that night. If we're not going to have a Makar/Hedman, go for depth. Plus it protects against injuries, and you can always move a d-man to fill a hole later on.

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
I talked about Gauthier about a month ago. I like what he brings, but the thing is that if the Ducks are drafting in top 10, I would want a player that is more than just a complementary player.
That’s why I said with the late round pick we presumably get by deadline, I agree the Ducks first should probably be used on someone else

Reactions: JabbaJabba

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I think the guy that profile as duck pick is Korchinski, an ascending finesse dman like Theodore. It’s going to be interesting how Verbeek influences the picks and if he leans more towards home run picks… guys with really high end attributes but might have flaws, and size like how Tampa and Wings draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad