Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It’s impressive but also lucky… and I wouldn’t say it takes a lot of skill to do that

I'm still not sure if he was attempting to put it on net or just made a blind centering pass. Obviously the former would be more impressive but still, not trying to pile it on the kid but this seems to be the most buzzworthy play he's made all year and it's entirely meh.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm still not sure if he was attempting to put it on net or just made a blind centering pass. Obviously the former would be more impressive but still, not trying to pile it on the kid but this seems to be the most buzzworthy play he's made all year and it's entirely meh.

This reminds me of how Steel scored a few goals last season. LoL

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I started looking at prospects who have been projected to go between 10-20th as I expect the Ducks to draft somewhere there. I am not looking at guys like Jiricek, Savoie, Slafkovsky, Cooley etc. who I believe will be gone by that point. Here are four guys I am interested in the most right now.

Cutter Gauthier
Probably my favourite prospect in this range at the moment. A lot to like in Gauthier, he has good size and he skates well, has an awesome wrister and puck skills, likes to hit and can be relied on PK. Kind of a smooth skating powerforward who can be relieable two-way player and a scoring threat. Consistency is an issue at the moment, though that is not uncommon for young players. Looks like a good bet to take in that range and kinda safe pick in a sense that if his scoring doesn't pan out, he should be a useable bottom 6 forward.

Jonathan Lekkerimäki
Very exciting offensive center/winger with good hands and skating. He has sscored 5+2 in 17 SHL games this season in a league bottom team. Most of this season he has played in U20 scoring 20+15 in 26 games. Lekkerimäki had 5 goals in last Hlinka tournament. Very exciting player offensively. Raymond had 4+6=10 points in 33 SHL games in his draft year, so in comparison Lekkerimäki is doing better PPGwise. He's not the biggest player but again comparing him to Raymond, he's a bit taller and I don't think size will be an issue for him. If you draft him you expect him to become a top 6 scorer. He could improve his speed and of course it remains to be seen if he can bring his offense to a smaller rink.

Filip Mesar

Before the season I thought he a 2nd round pick, but the way he has been playing, he might not be available there anymore. Very fast and good skater, creative player with good IQ. Capable of handling the puck in great speed. Mesar scored 8 points in 5 games in Hlinka tournament where his team Slovakia finished 2nd. He has played most of this season in Slovakia's top men's league scoring 7+7 in 32 games. Not the greatest league, but his skills are undeniable. Not the biggest player, though he's always competing very hard and he can make up for his size with his IQ and effort.

Marco Kasper
Skilled and powerful forward. Good size, which he knows how to use. 4+2 in 31 SHL games this season and 2+4 in 11 CHL games, which are against men as well. 6+7 in 12 U20 games in Sweden. His playstyle should work well in smaller rink as he goes to the net and has bite in his game. His ceiling is a question mark as he doesn't seem to have top level offensive abilities. Probably more of a complementary player in a top 6 role, though smart enough to know where he should be to score.

These are the couple of guys I am interested about at the moment. I am not very excited about any of the defensemen in this range unless Jiricek, Cooley, Yurov or Nemec fall outside of top 10. It just seems like the forwards are better picks in this range. I still have more research to do and I am intrigued by Frank Nazar and Isaac Howard for example.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I started looking at prospects who have been projected to go between 10-20th as I expect the Ducks to draft somewhere there. I am not looking at guys like Jiricek, Savoie, Slafkovsky, Cooley etc. who I believe will be gone by that point. Here are four guys I am interested in the most right now.

Cutter Gauthier
Probably my favourite prospect in this range at the moment. A lot to like in Gauthier, he has good size and he skates well, has an awesome wrister and puck skills, likes to hit and can be relied on PK. Kind of a smooth skating powerforward who can be relieable two-way player and a scoring threat. Consistency is an issue at the moment, though that is not uncommon for young players. Looks like a good bet to take in that range and kinda safe pick in a sense that if his scoring doesn't pan out, he should be a useable bottom 6 forward.

Jonathan Lekkerimäki
Very exciting offensive center/winger with good hands and skating. He has sscored 5+2 in 17 SHL games this season in a league bottom team. Most of this season he has played in U20 scoring 20+15 in 26 games. Lekkerimäki had 5 goals in last Hlinka tournament. Very exciting player offensively. Raymond had 4+6=10 points in 33 SHL games in his draft year, so in comparison Lekkerimäki is doing better PPGwise. He's not the biggest player but again comparing him to Raymond, he's a bit taller and I don't think size will be an issue for him. If you draft him you expect him to become a top 6 scorer. He could improve his speed and of course it remains to be seen if he can bring his offense to a smaller rink.

Filip Mesar

Before the season I thought he a 2nd round pick, but the way he has been playing, he might not be available there anymore. Very fast and good skater, creative player with good IQ. Capable of handling the puck in great speed. Mesar scored 8 points in 5 games in Hlinka tournament where his team Slovakia finished 2nd. He has played most of this season in Slovakia's top men's league scoring 7+7 in 32 games. Not the greatest league, but his skills are undeniable. Not the biggest player, though he's always competing very hard and he can make up for his size with his IQ and effort.

Marco Kasper
Skilled and powerful forward. Good size, which he knows how to use. 4+2 in 31 SHL games this season and 2+4 in 11 CHL games, which are against men as well. 6+7 in 12 U20 games in Sweden. His playstyle should work well in smaller rink as he goes to the net and has bite in his game. His ceiling is a question mark as he doesn't seem to have top level offensive abilities. Probably more of a complementary player in a top 6 role, though smart enough to know where he should be to score.

These are the couple of guys I am interested about at the moment. I am not very excited about any of the defensemen in this range unless Jiricek, Cooley, Yurov or Nemec fall outside of top 10. It just seems like the forwards are better picks in this range. I still have more research to do and I am intrigued by Frank Nazar and Isaac Howard for example.
We are going to be drafting lower than that. I'd look at prospects from #6-#12 honestly.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Slafkovsky ruining pros in the olympics has made him really desirable likely out of range but imagine a line of Slafkovsky - Zegras - Perreault/Terry. I suppose i will just day dream of Verbeek trading up for him.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
We are going to be drafting lower than that. I'd look at prospects from #6-#12 honestly.
In that case Jiricek, Miroshnichenko, Cooley, Slafovksy.
Some GM is gonna really love drafting a 6'4 Geekie in the top5 so i see the Ducks missing out on him.
I think #6 to #7 is the lowest i could see Jiricek going.

I think the draft ends up going something like Wright/Kemell/Savoie/Geekie/Slafkovsky/Jiricek/Nemec/Cooley/Miroshnichenko/Lambert

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

I think they'll end up somewhere between 10th-12th. Lekkerimäki is in that range nowadays, might even go in top 10. He looks amazing. Mesar is also intriguing even that early. I just think he'll be a player people will wonder, why he didn't go earlier. He has the brains and the skating to be really effective player. However, if there's a chance to take Jiricek, I would take it.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I guess, we can cut the Russians from the list.
Idk.
Maybe they are now more likely to want to come over?
50/50 on that.
What if Russia might not let their prospects come to the US/Canada after being drafted ? I suspect Russia would use intidmation tactics like they tried on Panarin.

Just so happens there is 2 Russians who would nornally go top10 this year but now might slide because of the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad