Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Didn’t they change the lotto process? What’s the highest you can finish and still have a shot at #1?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
As it stands right now if our D is healthy and Zegras takes the steps everyone thinks he will we won’t be getting a top 5 pick. Probably not even top 10. Two pretty big ifs (especially the first one) though.

Reactions: Getz2noone

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
As it stands right now if our D is healthy and Zegras takes the steps everyone thinks he will we won’t be getting a top 5 pick. Probably not even top 10. Two pretty big ifs (especially the first one) though.

People might also not be factoring in how bad the division is. Arizona to the central for an expansion Seattle is probably a lateral swap (maybe even an upgrade since the Coyotes are selling everything that’s not nailed down), but Minnesota/Colorado/St. Louis are being replaced by Vancouver and the Alberta teams

Reactions: Paul4587

Duckesh

Jul 20, 2021

Zegras can put up 80 points and this team can still easily be a bottom 10 team.

Zegras isn't going to be putting up any interesting points if this team has no wingers with any offensive, shooting, or scoring ability. Like this team needs to go from zero scoring threat and zero powerplay success to at least two functioning offensive lines (even if the bottom two lines are just trash/plug lines). A healthy, strong defense and good goaltending is going to burn out so easily when you are getting 1-2 goals in support each game (see: last few seasons).

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hope Zegras wins the Calder, that's about all I want next season :laugh:

Reactions: lwvs84

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I know everyone says this is a deep draft, but is that just because of the top end talent (Wright, Lambert, etc.)? Like, is the 30th best prospect in 2022 really that much better than the 30th ranked prospect from 2021?

Reactions: Kalv

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I know everyone says this is a deep draft, but is that just because of the top end talent (Wright, Lambert, etc.)? Like, is the 30th best prospect in 2022 really that much better than the 30th ranked prospect from 2021?
Yeah I’d like to know that too, I know there are still good players after the top 3 like Howard, McGroarty, Slafkovsky, Salomonsson, but I’m interested to see how the rest of the field develops. There should be a bunch of good Americans so that’s good.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah I’d like to know that too, I know there are still good players after the top 3 like Howard, McGroarty, Slafkovsky, Salomonsson, but I’m interested to see how the rest of the field develops. There should be a bunch of good Americans so that’s good.
I have no clue either but i would guess that the 4 to 6 in 2022 are like Benier/Eklund tier.
Maybe there will be a Guenther tier player available at #12
I'm under the impressing that Savoie at age 18 would go #2 overall in 2020 over Beniers but Savoie should go #3 in 2022

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Be a blight for Wright?

Here's the Hockey News' projected 2022 top-10 from their magazine, Future Watch edition. ( I was surprised my local Barnes & Noble had it available!)

1. C Shane Wright
2. C Brad Lambert
3. C Matt Savoie
4. D Simon Nemec
5. C Logan Cooley
6. LW Juraj Slafkovsky
7. D Tristan Luneau
8. D David Jiricek
9. LW Rutger McGroarty
10. C Jack D. Hughes​

It appears to be the year of the center for 2022 when 2021 was projected to be the year of the blue liners. That top-3 looks very solid.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

Fwiw I’ve heard its a deep USA class comparable to 2019 but I don’t usually know what’s up prospects-wise until the the season starts and reports start coming in.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Be a blight for Wright?

Here's the Hockey News' projected 2022 top-10 from their magazine, Future Watch edition. ( I was surprised my local Barnes & Noble had it available!)

1. C Shane Wright
2. C Brad Lambert
3. C Matt Savoie
4. D Simon Nemec
5. C Logan Cooley
6. LW Juraj Slafkovsky
7. D Tristan Luneau
8. D David Jiricek
9. LW Rutger McGroarty
10. C Jack D. Hughes​

It appears to be the year of the center for 2022 when 2021 was projected to be the year of the blue liners. That top-3 looks very solid.
It would be kinda awesome if devils got Hughes…

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Be a blight for Wright?

1. C Shane Wright
2. C Brad Lambert
3. C Matt Savoie
4. D Simon Nemec
5. C Logan Cooley
6. LW Juraj Slafkovsky
7. D Tristan Luneau
8. D David Jiricek
9. LW Rutger McGroarty
10. C Jack D. Hughes​

List is missing Ivan Miroshnichenko and Danila Yurov, who represent the next wave of extremely talented Russian forwards. Michkov is obviously the most highly touted, but he's still not eligible in 2022.

Buckle up, ladies and gentlemen, for this draft class is LOADED. Could be multiple franchise players coming from this draft.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad