Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Nothing unfortunate about not being in the Wright sweepstakes

He’s not generational or close to it. And our young players gaining experience in a playoff race > a minor shot at Wright

One of the guys from from hockey prospect.com (who do some of the best independent scouting work imo) said that at this point their scouts think 2021 was a better draft than 2022 will be, which really shows how much this year has fallen off. It seems like the games lost due to the pandemic have hit this class pretty hard.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
One of the guys from from hockey prospect.com (who do some of the best independent scouting work imo) said that at this point their scouts think 2021 was a better draft than 2022 will be, which really shows how much this year has fallen off. It seems like the games lost due to the pandemic have hit this class pretty hard.
i feel like last years draft got obnoxiously underrated...

as for wright sure id love to end up with him... but there is about 12- or 13 other players i wouldnt mind getting in the top 15.

Reactions: Boo Boo and bsu

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Last year was always underrated because it didn't have the clear franchise player at the top.
2022 was supposed to have 3 clear franchise players at the top and none of them have lived up to that hype in their draft year.

I still think this year is deep and very unclear. No real consensus in the top 15.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
i feel like last years draft got obnoxiously underrated...

as for wright sure id love to end up with him... but there is about 12- or 13 other players i wouldnt mind getting in the top 15.

Fortunately we have such a versatile prospect pool/ young core that no matter who bpa is it should fit our group pretty well.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
We need 1 or 2 more solid drafts to complete the rebuild. I think this year is a bit of an anomaly as our vets will start to go downhill soon leaving the kids to pick up all of the slack.

Our young forwards are looking decent but I think we need another high end winger to compliment Z. On the defensive side we have Drysdale and some prospects that look promising but are all speculative. We lack a Seider/Edvinsson in the pipeline that will be needed in the future if we are to win the cup.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We need 1 or 2 more solid drafts to complete the rebuild. I think this year is a bit of an anomaly as our vets will start to go downhill soon leaving the kids to pick up all of the slack.

Our young forwards are looking decent but I think we need another high end winger to compliment Z. On the defensive side we have Drysdale and some prospects that look promising but are all speculative. We lack a Seider/Edvinsson in the pipeline that will be needed in the future if we are to win the cup.
I actually kinda disagree bout the 1 to 2 more solid drafts. I feel like you just need to do well in drafts consistently to stay atop... but if were just talking about contending next year... its very doable.

I think we need a top 6 player, and a top 4 dmen... but i think we can acquire them via trade/FA too..

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

A Sieder/Edvinsson are top-6 picks. Lindholm is a top-6 pick from 2012. I don't think we'll see a top-6 pick again anytime soon.

As for a complete rebuild, Anaheim might be done, especially if the team re-signs Lindholm, Manson, and Rakell. The 2021 class looks like the one that completes it plus because now the Ducks have enough potential NHL talents in their pipeline to utilize as trade chips.

I don't know if a high-end winger complements the NY boys (Milano-Zegras). They may need someone doesn't mind doing the dirty works in the corners to free either one up... say, someone like Max Jones. Maybe Rakell finds his gears again too if you want all offense.

The 2022 class probably won't be heard of for probably three years, if we're playoff bound. A complete rebuild will have to wait for another three years or four, if you add another draft class. Anaheim's been rebuilding for quite some time now. The only veteran playing above their talent is Getzlaf.

Youth/prospects down the middle:
  • Zegras (20 years old currently, 2019 draft class)
  • McTavish (18 yrs, 2021), CHL
  • Lundy (22 yrs, 2018)
  • Steel (23 yrs, 2016)
  • Groulx (21 yrs, 2018), AHL
We can take our time with Groulx b/c Carrick has stepped up as a 4C this season. There will be growing pains with McTavish if he joins the club next season as a center. Steel either plays 13th forward or slides to wing for depth. Down the middle, the Ducks seem set with a top-3 of Zegras, McTavish, and Lundy. That's a wonderful foundation!

Right Wingers, youth/prospects:
  • Terry (24 yrs)
  • Perreault (19), AHL
  • Colagelo (19), NCAA
  • Pastujov (18), CHL
Pastujov shoots left, but plays RW. If Rakell is retained, then he's also a RW.

Left Wingers, youth/prospects:
  • Milano (25)
  • Jones (23)
  • Comtois (22)
  • Tracey (20), AHL
  • McLaughlin (21), NCAA
  • Tschigerl (18), CHL
Left Defense, youth/prospects:
  • Benoit (23)
  • Mahura (23)
  • Thrun (21), NCAA
  • LaCombe (21), NCAA
  • Zellweger (18), CHL
  • Hinds (18), CHL
If Lindholm is retained, there is only one LD position open. This is actually great for the Ducks as they can develop Thrun and LaCombe in the AHL for a couple of seasons. Note, both LaCombe and Zellweger have been playing RD even though they shoot left.

Right Defense, youth/prospects:
  • Drysdale (19)
  • Andersson (21), AHL
  • Moore (19), NCAA
  • Nickl (20), Hockey Allsvenskan (Sweden)
If Manson is retained, then there is only one RD position open. Currently, this is one of the weakest talent depth b/c outside of Drysdale, the rest are projects. Fortunately, LHD's LaCombe and Zellweger are playing RD in their respective leagues.

Goalie, youth/prospects:
  • Dostal (21), AHL
  • Eriksson Ek (22), AHL
  • Gage (18), CHL
Stolarz is signed through 2022-23 season, which gives Dostal another year of development unless Stolarz gets traded in the off-season or the Ducks extend Stolarz.

============

Of all of the prospects listed here, only one wasn't drafted by the Ducks, who is RD Andersson.

============

All the drafts from now on feels like icing on the cake after the 2021 draft class. Anaheim just needs to keep drafting the way they draft outside of the 2016-2018 seasons when the blueline was neglected. Now, it should be a more balanced approached, or rather BPA than trying to replenish the forward corps. This way, the Ducks can have a package any team wants for futures or near futures.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Looking at RHD's, I think I like Ryan Chesley and the probability he'd be there later in the draft. He might slide lower b/c he lacks offensive production on the scoresheet this season with US National development team. What he does very well are skating, breakouts, physical, defense, and PK.

Deep Analysis by FC Hockey on Chesley: link

Six defensive prospect snapshots by FC Hockey: link

Reactions: GunnarStahl

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Looking at RHD's, I think I like Ryan Chesley and the probability he'd be there later in the draft. He might slide lower b/c he lacks offensive production on the scoresheet this season with US National development team. What he does very well are skating, breakouts, physical, defense, and PK.

Deep Analysis by FC Hockey on Chesley: link

Six defensive prospect snapshots by FC Hockey: link
Chesley does seem like he will be a good value grab

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Nemec is like a top8 pick in the draft. Won't have a chance a thim.

Isn't Nemec another super soft speedy Dman ? Already got one of those in Drysdale, Zellweger and Fowler.
It might work out that the Ducks draft #15 to #19 and trade up for Jiricek.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Nemec is like a top8 pick in the draft. Won't have a chance a thim.

Isn't Nemec another super soft speedy Dman ? Already got one of those in Drysdale, Zellweger and Fowler.
It might work out that the Ducks draft #15 to #19 and trade up for Jiricek.

Jiricek will go top 10. It would be perfect if the Ducks could trade up for him, but I doubt it.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Jiricek will go top 10. It would be perfect if the Ducks could trade up for him, but I doubt it.
I hope that he will fall and you are going to get him. And i am saying that as a Czech. This team will be so fun to watch, with Zegras, Dostal, Drysdale,MacTavish and Jiricek, Perfect mix of skill, speed and grit and n1 nhl goaltending.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I hope that he will fall and you are going to get him. And i am saying that as a Czech. This team will be so fun to watch, with Zegras, Dostal, Drysdale,MacTavish and Jiricek, Perfect mix of skill, speed and grit and n1 nhl goaltending.

Hopefully the knee surgery lets him fall a little bit. I just don't see a RHD with his size, skills, and shot dropping outside of the top 10.

Reactions: GiveYouABagOfPucks

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Hopefully the knee surgery lets him fall a little bit. I just don't see a RHD with his size, skills, and shot dropping outside of the top 10.
He has very slim chance of falling outside of top 10, because of his injury. But i would not be suprised if some teams would take chance on him in top 5. He was easily best player on ice until he got injured except maybe Power in cze can game.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He has very slim chance of falling outside of top 10, because of his injury. But i would not be suprised if some teams would take chance on him in top 5. He was easily best player on ice until he got injured except maybe Power in cze can game.

I've been on his band wagon since before the WJC. I can easily see him being the best player in this draft.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think assuming were drafting outside top 5.... my top 2 are Jirick and Nemec, more based on org needs tho. Not so much BPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad