NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Dear lord is Michkov ridiculous. 3 points in 3 KHL games as a 16 year old. That's some potential GOAT stuff.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Dear lord is Michkov ridiculous. 3 points in 3 KHL games as a 16 year old. That's some potential GOAT stuff.

Dalibor Dvorsky playing in the Slovak Men's league last year at 15. Connor Bedard leading the WHL scoring before he had to leave early for family/quarantine/u18s. Best top 3 of all time?

Reactions: Agent Zub

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Emil Järventie at eliteprospects.com

Emil Jarventie

Roby has a brother... Prospect eligible for the 2023 NHL Entry Draft

Seems well regarded already

He's my number 7 right now. Yes, I keep a list for 2023 already:

1. Bedard
2. Michkov
3. Dvorsky
4. Fantilli
5. Stramel
6. Gulyayev
7. Jarventie

Back to the 2022 draft though, holy shit is Djurgardens ever a program to watch out for. Liam Ohgren, Noah Ostlund, Jonathan Lekkerimaki, Calle Odelius.

I thought there was an argument to be made that Odelius was Sweden's second best D at Hlinkas. And at 6', he might be a better prospect than Havelid. Wasn't as dynamic in the offensive zone as Salomonsson or Havelid, but he was the most competent transition defenseman on the team I thought.

And then if those three forwards remain a line they could challenge SuperElit U18 scoring records. Who gets called up first?

Reactions: Xspyrit

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
OK so I know everyone is really excited about Brad Lambert, and I would count myself in that group - I have him #3 right now - but if he doesn't start producing at the Liiga level, there are plenty of elite prospects in this draft that could pass him. Two games so far this season he's still playing 12 minutes a night with no points yet. A third of a point per game last year.

December birthdays can be tough to read: too young to fairly classify as U18 last year, but too old to call U17. Sasha Barkov was 3 months younger when he put up almost a point per game his draft year. Barkov is a special case, sure, but isn't Lambert supposed to be a special case too? He'll need to be upward of a point per game this year to maintain top three status in a draft this loaded with high-end talent.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
OK so I know everyone is really excited about Brad Lambert, and I would count myself in that group - I have him #3 right now - but if he doesn't start producing at the Liiga level, there are plenty of elite prospects in this draft that could pass him. Two games so far this season he's still playing 12 minutes a night with no points yet. A third of a point per game last year.

December birthdays can be tough to read: too young to fairly classify as U18 last year, but too old to call U17. Sasha Barkov was 3 months younger when he put up almost a point per game his draft year. Barkov is a special case, sure, but isn't Lambert supposed to be a special case too? He'll need to be upward of a point per game this year to maintain top three status in a draft this loaded with high-end talent.

Hey maybe he falls down the rankings and Ottawa gets a chance to draft him. We all know we aren't winning the lottery.

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
Hey maybe he falls down the rankings and Ottawa gets a chance to draft him. We all know we aren't winning the lottery.

Seriously doubt he falls that far. I don't expect the Sens to pick until the 10-15 range.

A few options who could conceivably go in that range (still too early to say much for sure) and seem to somewhat fit the Sens' criteria would be: Logan Cooley, Tristan Luneau, Nathan Gaucher, Liam Arnsby, Ryan Chesley, Daniil Zhilkin.

I'm a huge fan of Nazar and Trikozov, and would love the Sens to land either, but Nazar is too small and Trikozov too eratic; not Sens picks. Maybe Arnsby and Cooley are too small as well at 5'10, but both fit the Sens' mould to a tee in terms of being highly intelligent, hard-working 200-foot players.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
https://www.swisshabs.ch/actualites...lui-aussi-pas-d-eloges-sur-sa-nouvelle-recrue
From his coach:
He also sees similarities with Victor Hedman:
"When Victor arrived he was an incredible talent who was good at so many things, so it can be a bit limiting to compare Lian to the best defender in the world, but I think he moves like him, he dares to play physically , he doesn't clear the pucks, he takes care of them, he prefers to take on the fight on the boards rather than send it to his teammate and cause him problems. I think he plays with a lot of maturity and that he moves extremely well for its size "

Last edited:
Reactions: MatchesMalone

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010

I do not mind this list at all. A few key names missing such as my favourite player in the draft Gleb Trikozov. Also lots to like about Liam Arnsby, Arseni Koromyslov, Simon Forsmark, Kasper Kulonummi, Elmeri Laakso.

And another one emerging out of Russia - Alexander Perevalov with 16 points in 8 MHL games so far. Consider the top U18s in MHL last year were little over p/g. I said after Hlinkas I thought Perevalov looked like a smart, tenacious 200 foot forward but wasn't sure yet just how high the talent level. Maybe it is much higher than I realized.

Danila Yurov should be in the top tier. I absolutely love this player's game. One of the more mature, pro-style prospects I've seen come along lately. Played 8 minutes today, but has mostly been stuck around 3 minutes a game for 8 and 1 Magnitogosrk. I am betting he's going to have a similar draft year narrative to Lucas Raymond - everyone knows very well what he is capable of from his D-1 season, but because they're such pro-style players, they are able to play bottom line minutes on good teams and it doesn't reflect well on their stats - and hence their popular draft rankings. Was a lot of question marks through the year whether Raymond was a top 5 pick you will recall. Little doubt in my mind Yurov should be top 5, or very close.

I'm also a huge Nazar fan, and think he will find his way up the rankings. He's been the best defensive forward in the draft based on what I've seen so far (along with Arnsby and Wright), and that's to go along with being arguably the most electrifying offensive talent in the draft (challengers would be Savoie, Trikozov, Kemell).

Elmeri Laakso is a gem to keep an eye on. Easy to overlook since he played in Finnish U18 last year, while almost every top prospect was playing U20 at 16. But TPS was loaded with 19-21 year old defensemen. From what I've seen Laakso is the most dynamic offensive defenseman in the draft, not including the sub 5'9 guys in Ty Nelson and Lane Hutson (Laakso is 6'1).

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nathan Gaucher is a guy I expect to rise and also be on the Sens radar
I like Gaucher too & could see the Sens looking to draft him as a centre. On D I like David Jiricek a right shot 6'3" defenceman who can play in all three zones effectively, likes to hit & is a very good skater for a guy his size. Both are likely 1st rd picks, but I think they could have a shot at one of them. If the other drops in the draft they have two 2nd rd picks that might move them up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This is the draft to do it, without question. Conversely, we will need our cap space soon, aka in 2-3 years, so that contract could be obstacle.
We will likely wind up with 8-9 picks in the first 3 rounds again this year. TDL should see Tierney, Holden and potentially Sanford and Paul moved.

Reactions: aragorn

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I feel like a top C and maybe a top 4 RHD prospect would be perfect.

Top C is the biggest hole in the Sens roster right now, in my opinion. Zub and Zaitsev can hold the fort as the top 4 RHDs.

If there's a chance to grab a guy who projects as a 1C, they need to do whatever is necessary to get the player. The team has 11 picks this draft (12 if the conditions on the Logan Brown trade aren't met). There's no reason for this team to not package up some picks to move up and get the guy they want

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We will likely wind up with 8-9 picks in the first 3 rounds again this year. TDL should see Tierney, Holden and potentially Sanford and Paul moved.

Of those three I think they keep Paul & re-sign him. Sanford is interesting & they might keep him for another yr or two, but with Sokolov so close it will be a tough call & I would rather see Sokolov since I think he has more offensive potential & younger. I would add a few more UFAs like Forsberg & J. Brown to your list & a few in Belleville including Sabourin who they have signed for a yr.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Of those three I think they keep Paul & re-sign him. Sanford is interesting & they might keep him for another yr or two, but with Sokolov so close it will be a tough call & I would rather see Sokolov since I think he has more offensive potential & younger. I would add a few more UFAs like Forsberg & J. Brown to your list & a few in Belleville including Sabourin who they have signed for a yr.
I only listed players who could return a pick in the first 3 rounds.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Top C is the biggest hole in the Sens roster right now, in my opinion. Zub and Zaitsev can hold the fort as the top 4 RHDs.

If there's a chance to grab a guy who projects as a 1C, they need to do whatever is necessary to get the player. The team has 11 picks this draft (12 if the conditions on the Logan Brown trade aren't met). There's no reason for this team to not package up some picks to move up and get the guy they want

While they could trade some of those picks, I also assume that they will add to them as they trade a few of their UFAs leading up to the deadline which could include some picks in the upcoming 2022 draft or the 2023 draft. There are a few right shot Ds in this upcoming draft that the Sens could target who would probably make good top 4 RD & a couple of centres who with all their picks & potential trade bait could package to acquire as well. They will have plenty of options but still need to find partners to deal with at the draft to get what we think they need.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Edit: For those who do not have/use Twitter:

1. Wright
2. Miroshnichenko
3. Lambert
4. Slaflovsky
5. Geekie
6. Cooley
7. Savoie
8. Yurov
9. Kemell
10. Jiricek
11. Nemec
12. McGroarty
13. Lekkerimaki
14. Salomonsson
15. Gaucher
16. Chesley

Reactions: Sen sational

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Edit: For those who do not have/use Twitter:

1. Wright
2. Miroshnichenko
3. Lambert
4. Slaflovsky
5. Geekie
6. Cooley
7. Savoie
8. Yurov
9. Kemell
10. Jiricek
11. Nemec
12. McGroarty
13. Lekkerimaki
14. Salomonsson
15. Gaucher
16. Chesley

I'm really hoping that Ottawa drafts one of those two RDs Jiricek or Nemec would be fine with me, although I prefer Jiricek who seems to play with more edge. And then find a way to also draft Gaucher by packaging some of their assets/picks they may not need. Brannstrom, White, Thomson could all be available to trade as well as their 2nd & 3rd rd picks to move up if they can find a trading partner. These two would be great additions to a future Sens team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Surprised some of the D are ranked so low

Nemec, Chesley and Luneau all look like potential top pair RD and all 3 are ranked outside the top 10.

Won't have to finish bottom 5 to get a potential star in this draft, much like in 2020. Ridiculous depth.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille