NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Still have a season of hockey to play but it just seems like there is a ton of talent in the top 16 and a wild amount in the draft overall. Being able to get a guy like McGroarty 12th or Chesley 16th overall would be pretty wild.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
a friend sent me this... w/o Tkachuk, good chance that we're in the Shane Wright (C), Brad Lambert (C/RW) sweepstakes... :huh: :help: :skeptic:

I'm starting to be a little tired to be a bottom feeder to be honest

upload_2021-9-30_19-58-13.png

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dorion was such an idiot to declare the rebuild over. He must have been saying it to appease Melnyk or something because no sensible person does that and puts pressure on the young group.

We are very likely bottom 15 team again with a solid chance at another top 10 pick given the Tkachuk hold out, division we play in, as well as depth on defence and our goaltending.

Reactions: bert and branch

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
a friend sent me this... w/o Tkachuk, good chance that we're in the Shane Wright (C), Brad Lambert (C/RW) sweepstakes... :huh: :help: :skeptic:

I'm starting to be a little tired to be a bottom feeder to be honest

View attachment 467304

Let's be honest going on that pointless run last season hampered us big time. If we make the playoffs we will get bounced in the first round a waste of time.

We need a top pick tbh high end skilled center and a decent RHD who can play with either Chabot or Sanderson (besides JBD)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dorion was such an idiot to declare the rebuild over. He must have been saying it to appease Melnyk or something because no sensible person does that and puts pressure on the young group.

We are very likely bottom 15 team again with a solid chance at another top 10 pick given the Tkachuk hold out, division we play in, as well as depth on defence and our goaltending.
With or without Tkachuk this team was destined for 5th/6th in the division and 10th/13th in the East. The D core was not addressed. The rebuild is certainly not over lol. Sanderson isn't here Stuetzle is still a teenager and Pinto has played 12 NHL games. I wonder if Melnyk actually believes it or it's simply a mandate given to management without the resources to get there. Either way they will be adding a really good piece in the draft.

Next season the sens should be having a push for the playoffs this year is another lottery season for sure.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With or without Tkachuk this team was destined for 5th/6th in the division and 10th/13th in the East. The D core was not addressed. The rebuild is certainly not over lol. Sanderson isn't here Stuetzle is still a teenager and Pinto has played 12 NHL games. I wonder if Melnyk actually believes it or it's simply a mandate given to management without the resources to get there. Either way they will be adding a really good piece in the draft.

Next season the sens should be having a push for the playoffs this year is another lottery season for sure.

Playing wait and see with the D corps and resting the hopes on a player still in college and a prospect or 2 playing in the AHL seals the deal. It just seems like forever our D has been a gaping sore spot. At least since losing Methot Dorion has just tried to plug holes with marginal D.. ignoring the importance of the position in a rebuild to the detriment of everything else that he has had some success with.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I think it’s semantics really. No more trading off our best players or bottoming out for top picks.

I think it’s now about building around our core and improving. Like I said semantics.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

I think it was the opposite of to appease Melnyk. I think it was to protect his own career and reputation against Melnyk. What he was saying was: on a purely hockey basis the rebuild should be over and we are looking to add players; if we fail to do so it is for non-hockey reasons.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

i think Zaitsev needs a good partner and Sanderson can’t be here fast enough. The best trade Ottawa could make is for a top 4 Dman left or right side that has NHL experience and can just be solid. A Petry, Hjarmarsson, Methot, Redden, Phillips type to just eat 20 minutes a night. Even a big trade to make it happen and give them a legit too NHL D group:

Ott: Shea Theodore
Vegas: Formenton, Boucher, Mete, 1st 2022.

Start Season
Chabot - Zub
Theodore - Zaitsev
MDZ - J. Brown
Brannstrom

End Season:
Chabot - Zub
Theodore - JBD/ Thomson
Sanderson - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - J. Brown
MDZ

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
we replaced Dadanov with Watson in the 3RW Spot!
Watson is brutal...don't really understand the fawning over him on this board. Replacement level. He doesn't play mean anymore it's all tummy sticks.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
i think Zaitsev needs a good partner and Sanderson can’t be here fast enough. The best trade Ottawa could make is for a top 4 Dman left or right side that has NHL experience and can just be solid. A Petry, Hjarmarsson, Methot, Redden, Phillips type to just eat 20 minutes a night. Even a big trade to make it happen and give them a legit too NHL D group:

Start Season
Chabot - Zub
Theodore - Zaitsev
MDZ - J. Brown
Brannstrom

End Season:
Chabot - Zub
Theodore - JBD/ Thomson
Sanderson - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - J. Brown
MDZ

Gross overpayment; especially since that 1st rounder is a lottery pick

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018

Start Season
Chabot - Zub
Theodore - Zaitsev
MDZ - J. Brown
Brannstrom

End Season:
Chabot - Zub
Theodore - JBD/ Thomson
Sanderson - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - J. Brown
MDZ
That’s way too much to pay for a LD when we have Sanderson coming

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Unless a youngish #1 center is on the table, we should be keeping the 2022 1st.

There's about 10 prospects that play positions of need long-term (C or RD) that could be potential top 10 picks this year, and with our pathetic off-season acquisitions we'll probably be in a prime opportunity to get a potential top line C or top pairing RD with our pick (assuming they are the BPA of course).

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Sens have six picks in the 1st three rds & I hope they use whatever assets they can to come away with these three players who could all help this team get to another level some day.

2022 Draft:

1. David Jiricek RD
2. Nathan Gaucher C
3. Devin Kaplin RW

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

What should we have expected he would say, he has to sell tickets & all he has is future hope to sell.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
What should we have expected he would say, he has to sell tickets & all he has is future hope to sell.

He should have gone more political.

"I believe in this young group. I think they are ready to take the next step in their development."

Something to that extent. Declaring the rebuild over as he did was an extremely short sighted decision.

The very casual fan may buy into that nonsense, but most posters on here are a more dedicated fan and know better. The rebuild is far from over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad