HF Habs: 2022 NHL Draft 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Wright is the first player shown from left to right in the Habs official draft article.

View attachment 560859

CONFIRMED WITH LINK: HABS DRAFT SHANE WRIGHT FIRST OVERALL
Nemec and Jiricek have entered the chat (but one of them isn't shown in the intro, hmm). Some other players mentioned as "other possible players" in a list without describing them, but I doubt the Habs are taking Geekie with the #1. Unless they hired Boisvert as a consultant...:sarcasm:

Also, only Wright isn't trying to act like a tough guy...

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
Nemec and Jiricek have entered the chat (but one of them isn't shown in the intro, hmm). Some other players mentioned as "other possible players" in a list without describing them, but I doubt the Habs are taking Geekie with the #1. Unless they hired Boisvert as a consultant...:sarcasm:

Wow, no intensity even in pictures. :sarcasm:

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Gallagher's stupid ass contract makes him immovable. f***ing Bergevin, what an idiot.
I think it's possible Gally could end up on the ltir within the next 2 years.. another surgery and he might be completely moved to the "management consultant" role

C'mon, now you're being intentionally obtuse.
30 days in the hole for you Mr. Dufresne

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Luneau have been pick ?

Wright Nazar Havelid and trade up for Reid Schaefer and I would be extremely happy.

Luneau went yeah.

Schaefer went at like 30.

Scouts audit said they saw Luneau going more in the 2nd round and that Schaefer likely goes higher. They also think Gaucher is going pretty high.

Size always wins.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
On my blog I did a draft simulation for the Habs with focus on young wigners after the first overall. When I say young, it's young in their draft year (June to September birthdates), or players playing for bad teams which likely led to lower stats. From 75 on I went with three young Ds with offensive potential, finishing with a goalie. I made two trades to move up in the second round. It's in French.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank JT

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

The funny thing about those picture....all 3 of them have the same pose except Slafkovsky with his arm crossed instead....for those who knows a little about body language, this normally mean this person is not interested, close, negation.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If they keep it - I can see it, the prospect and pick pool is empty.

If 20 is not available, pretty sure 21st might be.
Pittsburgh has a 1st but nothing before the 4th round and they have to start thinking about the future a little
And they keep pick 33. So you basically have 3 first round picks.

With that pick, I hope they try to move up to 25th.
Toronto has only a 1st, 3rd and 7th round pick in this draft, they might be interested to have more picks.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Look at his draft rankings in recent years. They’re terrible. If you drafted using his rankings you would not do well. He misses way more tHan he hits.

That doesn’t mean his model is useless but it’s just showing a small part of what goes into evaluation.

You would probably actually do well with some later rounds picks with guys such as Kucherov who have solid production but get overlooked by many.

As someone else mentioned, his data doesn’t include international events which is stupid.

Like a house is only as solid as its foundation, a model is only as good as the data it's fed. The "advanced" stats like xG and the likes try to be predictive of a player's success by accounting for luck for example. While they could be better, these metrics actually do a decent job to say which player is having a dry spell and which one is riding a lucky streak. You just have to use them as complement with actual watching to see which players can get overrated by models (like Brady Tkachuk and Gallagher with their extremely high counts of high danger chances due to multiple rebounds)

Where this falls down is amateur scouting because most of the best predicting metrics used are not measured or available. So instead we get this NHLe thing: a model that shits a probability to be a NHLer and a star when you feed it goals and assists.

On a related note, as someone who works in an analytical science, I find that the people who make these hockey models trust the raw data they use way too much and it is my main gripe with advanced stats. How do I know if the number of scoring chances in a given game is right? Who measure this stuff? Do they get evaluated with control games like an instrument is calibrated? What is the error behind each metric? The moment the detector is a human, you open the door to a TON of potential errors and reproductibility issues

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Secret de polichinelle.

The Devils are obv gonna pick Slaf if we don't.

And poor Cooley is gonna end up in Arizona to waste his early career away.

Nemec will go to Seattle and be part of the team construction there.

Then the Flyers are gonna pick a random forward.
Cooley at least will have Keller/Schmaltz/Guenther/Hayton. Keller had it worse.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
On my blog I did a draft simulation for the Habs with focus on young wigners after the first overall. When I say young, it's young in their draft year (June to September birthdates), or players playing for bad teams which likely led to lower stats. From 75 on I went with three young Ds with offensive potential, finishing with a goalie. I made two trades to move up in the second round. It's in French.

I have no infos, but if I had to guess I would say that Russian players will drop like rocks in the next draft. There's too much uncertainty. I think the talent level are not wide enough to warrant picking players that might never come over. But I might be wrong.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Cooley at least will have Keller/Schmaltz/Guenther/Hayton. Keller had it worse.
Must be demoralizing to go to an NHL team with an arena smaller than your NCAA team.

Also a team reportedly looking to offload its 23 year old #1 defenceman for some reason.

Reactions: themilosh

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad