HF Habs: 2022 NHL Draft 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
602.jpg

The BPA has this haircut do you draft him?

Hard pass.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
we have to package to move up, we already have too much picks and prospects, we can't sign them all, we better at least get some prospect higher in our list.

Maybe package our 33rd with 62nd to move up again in the 3rd round, im sure teams with few picks and prospects will prefer to have 33rd and 62nd instead of like 24th or something

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If I wanna watch the draft, who will have the tv rights?
I prefer English description and I want a ''short term'' package.

Don't mind paying cause it's getting harder to find quality streams.

Edit: Via Wikipedia:
In Canada, coverage of the draft will be televised on Sportsnet.

In United States, coverage of the draft will be televised on ESPN and ESPN2.

I'm guessing TVASports will have coverage, should I get Sportsnet?
SportsnetNow is 15 bucks plus tax for a month. Get it for July and you can watch the draft both days and free agency.

I think it might be SNNow, but if you google sportsnetnow you'll find it.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
With the 33rd pick in the NHL draft the Montreal Canadiens select...Lane Hutson.

Wright, Nazar and Hutson would be unreal
This is what I’ve been saying. We can trade up from the Calgary pick to about 20 while keeping pick 33. Get the faller whoever it is and get your pick of the non first rounders at 33. We have a real chance to leave this draft with 3 great prospects.

1. Wright
20. (Forward Faller or Mateychuk)
33. (Best D Available Hutson?, or a forward like Firkus if we get Mateychuk)

It’s the perfect scenario. If HuGo pulls it off I’ll be believers.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I hate tvasports as much as anyone… but it’s obviously meant as something light and « funny ». This market is unique, why is it such a bad thing to make the kids look foolish trying to speak the language?

I know that....but it's still soooooooo TVA.....

Reactions: bcv

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This is what I’ve been saying. We can trade up from the Calgary pick to about 20 while keeping pick 33. Get the faller whoever it is and get your pick of the non first rounders at 33. We have a real chance to leave this draft with 3 great prospects.

1. Wright
20. (Forward Faller or Mateychuk)
33. (Best D Available Hutson?, or a forward like Firkus if we get Mateychuk)

It’s the perfect scenario. If HuGo pulls it off I’ll be believers.

The perfect scenario would be to end up with 4 x 1st round pick.
One by moving 33 into the 25th.
Another by trading one of our NHLer for one more.
Pick a center with the 1st, go for full offensive homerun type of pick for the rest.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
My favourite 1st round Swede is Ostlund. Yes, over Lekkerimaki. Would be great if we could grab him with the 26th.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Reading the black book , they are my go to read every year and seeing they have Slaf at first makes me a little less worried if we go this direction..

Lack of take over mentality and net driving has them worried about Wright

Still they have him at 2nd so I guess we cant really go wrong with either , just a shame we dont get to pick first in a year with a slam dunk pick

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Reading the black book , they are my go to read every year and seeing they have Slaf at first makes me a little less worried if we go this direction..

Still they have him at 2nd so I guess we cant really go wrong with either , just a shame we dont get to pick first in a year with a slam dunk pick
Did they add anything about any potential weaknesses in Slafkovsky's game that they might be worried about as well or does that only apply when talking about Wright and his game?

Seems Wright's game has been getting picked apart looking for any weaknesses at all far more than any other prospect I can remember for a potential 1st overall pick.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

"Wright and Slafkovsky play the game quite differently. Wright’s a technically brilliant player whose growth curve stagnated and some might argue went backwards this year. Wright’s skating base is better than average and he has an unexceptional toolkit overall. Whereas Slafkovsky has developed quickly as bonafide power forward star player in the making, and an incredibly unique one at that."

"This is a unique and unmatched puck-handling power forward when it comes to evaluating this draft class."

"When it comes to their pace, it wasn’t close when watching them this season. Slafkovsky is a conditioned perpetual motion machine that understands advanced angling to limit retrieval attempts on the forecheck..."

I will stop there, their content is deep, accurate and well written. They dissect players greatly.

• Haha
Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
200$ I wanted to wait for the other proposals to come out to multiply the odds, but since thats not out yet and the Bobby Mac ranking is coming up soon, I didnt take the risk that the odds trend down if Slaf happens to be ranked 1st on his list.
Where can I bet on the draft picks?

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
well I stand corrected. didnt realize Cale or Fox were sub 6'0" .. Krug whatever.

but, you can't keep saying "an extra inch". What does 1" mean? IMO, each inch possesses at least an extra 5-10lbs of weight (proportionate), so it is considerable. and in a game of "inches" that can have a big effect. Soccer OTOH really doesn't matter, RB in football, baseball no big deal. Basketball huge, hockey would be a distant second.
There is one thing these guys have in common. They are stellar skater which Hutson is. We have several pick and I would rather swing for the fence with regards to an offensive Dmen. Hutson could be one of these.

Reactions: themilosh

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Mackinnon should be a warning to anyone that thinks Cooley can pull off his dipsy doodling. If even Mackinnon struggles, Cooley will have to slow it down a lot and defer to his teammates.

• Haha

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think he would go higher than people thinks, prob around 10-13th, don't know if we have the ammunition to trade up for him. I would love that tho
I think he’s going Top 10 for sure. 3rd centre off the board (sorry but Gauthier is a winger)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Yes this a pain that we don't have a clear cut no issues no.1. I remember seeing enough times that a guys commitment or work ethic are questioned, and the guy comes in and plays, and no such issues.

Like WTK said, you just wish Wright would have come out strong to knock back the naysayers, but he didn't. Still, think we need to take him.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Not that it matters, but I don't like Simon Nemec personality... judging from the few informations you can find on him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad