GDT: 2022 Free Agent Frenzy - July 13 [11 AM CT]

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
Sarcasm is cool

Id offer Gurianov, Kiveranta, Dobby and a pair of prospects to help facilitate a trade
Maybe Ty Dellandrea and Riley tufte
for Laine and a small throw in type player for the minors like Marcus Bjork
I would start with a 3rd round pick on the 2nd offer just to see if it would be enough to push it threw

3rd offer would be a 1st in in the deal

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
The irony of Klingberg helping Lindell to get paid, only for it to be a contributing factor for his own not getting paid—at least by Dallas.

On that note, I wonder if there’s going to be an tension in the NHLPA because of players being squeezed out from the flat-cap and salary cap in general. It’s another case of the “haves” and “have nots” in a way, perhaps a bit like the NBA. The elite players will get max deals and the rest of the players will be fighting one another for the scraps.

That is, while no one could have predicted the Covid flat cap, is it possible that the Klingbergs out there are at all frustrated at the Benns and the Seguins for commanding so much cap space that the team (and other players) are now hurt by it?

Just thinking out loud…

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
The flat cap isn't anyone's fault. It's the pandemic. The NHLPA did the best it could 9f a bad situation, and we're max 2 to 3 years from everything returning to normal.

It's not going to cause any infighting with the PA.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The only reasonable thing players and the PA might gripe about is how the 1/3 buyout under 25 (26?) seems to be getting exploited more and more lately.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The only reasonable thing players and the PA might gripe about is how the 1/3 buyout under 25 (26?) seems to be getting exploited more and more lately.

Sure but so far the players haven't really lost money. Pretty much all of them instantly got another contract and in some cases ( Nichushkin ) that buyout led to him earning a massive contract with his new team. D'Angelo is another one that got another big contract after he was bought at 25 and under .

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016

For all his flaws i thought Sekera was decent for 2 of the 3 years he was here but last season he was extremely done. So much so that even Bowness just couldn't justify not scratching him regularly anymore

Happy retirement. It was time.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Probably too soon to give him an ELC right away. I assume he probably was told that he very much would earn one if he continues to play like he did last season

Reactions: BfantZ and Johno

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Damn pretty solid contract right there. 24 goals & 44 points last season

Also funny that this comes out right as I saw that tweet about Tkachuk and Nashville lol

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad