GDT: 2022 Free Agent Frenzy - July 13 [11 AM CT]

serp

Jan 17, 2016

So um Pens moved Marino to replace him with Petry to better fit in with the age of their core players i guess ?

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
CBB3D6F0-CC75-4018-84F9-0115B238036D.gif

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Damn the Habs are taking back 4 more years of Matheson at $4,875M ?

So the Habs trade 3 years of Petry at $6.25M and a former first round pick ( albeit not really turning out ) for 4 years of Matheson at $4,875M and a Pick ? That better be a good pick.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So the Habs are taking one year extra of Matheson to free up ~$1,4M of Capspace i guess ? Poehling and the 4th really don't do much.

Remember how the Habs fans wanted Bourque , Johnston or Stankoven for Petry from the Stars ?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Still wish Nill would attempt to move out some salary. Ending the offseason like this would be weird. The team is incomplete. Faksa/Khudobin/Gurianov - that's around $9m you can move. I know he's terrified of giving up assets but for Khudobin it wouldn't be much and for Gurianov you probably wouldn't even need to.

Just feels like there's a lot more he can do but he's just unwilling. I'd assume he doesn't view Faksa & Gurianov as cap dumps, which would be his first issue. Hopefully he gets the Oettinger & Robertson contracts done sooner than later so he can focus on improving the team again if that's what's holding it up.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Got to imagine the Devils are already trying to move Damon Severson. I'd be shocked if Nemec wasn't in the NHL this season, and they now have Hamilton and Marino signed long-term on the right side.

I know some people weren't keen on the idea of Severson, but I think it's potentially relevant to point out that Dallas just hired Alain Nasreddine, Severson's defensive coach for 7 of the 8 years he's been in the NHL.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Got to imagine the Devils are already trying to move Damon Severson. I'd be shocked if Nemec wasn't in the NHL this season, and they now have Hamilton and Marino signed long-term on the right side.

I know some people weren't keen on the idea of Severson, but I think it's potentially relevant to point out that Dallas just hired Alain Nasreddine, Severson's defensive coach for 7 of the 8 years he's been in the NHL.

New Jersey might actually have some use for Gurianov and/or Faksa. You might be on to something. We would need to move a defender out unless Nill goes with the stupid “Harley needs to earn his spot” spiel again.

Not actual pairings, just names:

Heiskanen - Severson
Lindell - Miller
Suter - Hakanpaa
Harley

We’re pretty stuck with 5 of the 6 D. I don’t like the look of the defense now but I also want Harley to get a shot. Tough decisions.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
New Jersey might actually have some use for Gurianov and/or Faksa. You might be on to something. We would need to move a defender out unless Nill goes with the stupid “Harley needs to earn his spot” spiel again.

Not actual pairings, just names:

Heiskanen - Severson
Lindell - Miller
Suter - Hakanpaa
Harley

We’re pretty stuck with 5 of the 6 D. I don’t like the look of the defense now but I also want Harley to get a shot. Tough decisions.

Oh if Dallas gets a D, I fully expect Harley to get the Oettinger plan ... back to the AHL. The problem occurs next season. If you're trading for a Severson or Weegar, it's with the idea that you're going to try and sign him. You'd have 6 returning D still next season, but you're not going to be able to move the one you'd want ... Suter.

Reactions: LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

1. Trade for Severson
2. Include Gurianov and somehow Faksa in that deal or move Khudobin somewhere
3. Sign Kessel to a cheap deal to help the PP

Not sure if I'm forgetting someone:

Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Marchment-Seguin-Kessel
Benn-*Johnston-Dellandrea
Peterson-Glendening-**Kiviranta

*or Bourque or Stankoven
**or Studenic or Damiani or someone else

Heiskanen-Severson
Lindell-Harley
Suter-Hakanpaa
Miller

Reactions: soccermendoza

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I kinda with the Stars would trade Faksa but he had such a rotten year last season . Moving him either costs the Stars a good number of assets or brings back a similar caphit and frees up no capspace

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I kinda with the Stars would trade Faksa but he had such a rotten year last season . Moving him either costs the Stars a good number of assets or brings back a similar caphit and frees up no capspace

It's a good thing that moving Gurianov and Khudobin would save $5.1 million (Dallas' cap already factors in Khudobin being buried). Similar contracts to Khudobin's have cost about a 3rd to move.

You could acquire either of the RD in the rumor mill (Weegar, Severson) without moving Faksa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad