GDT: 2022 Free Agent Frenzy - July 13 [11 AM CT]

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's a good thing that moving Gurianov and Khudobin would save $5.1 million. Similar contracts to Khudobin's have cost about a 3rd to move.

You could acquire either of the RD in the rumor mill (Weegar, Severson) without moving Faksa.

Gurianov is easily moveable ( if thats what the team wants ) that one i agree but Khudobin i dunno. Because his status is so up in the air it's a bit more difficult. If he was a surefire LTIR or someone who is absolutely playing it would be easier .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Saw someone mention it on the main board, but if the Canucks are looking for an RD and the Devils want a top 6 winger, how would we beat an offer like Garland for Severson straight uup?

I think at some point we will have to accept that Nill is done, even if we don't want to believe it. If the Stars clear cap space, I'd imagine it'd be to re-sign Klingberg unfortunately. f*** why am I a fan of a team that doesn't do anything interesting during offseasons much anymore other than be involved in rumors. Damn my loyalty to this team is too good.

The Pavelski, Radulov, Spezza, Seguin, Zuccarello moves were all super exciting. Marchment one is good too but not enough alone after we have stood pat for a few offseasons now when it comes to addressing top 6 issues with nothing at the trade deadlines either. Go out and sign Phil Kessel Jim or make space for someone else. Make it interesting

Last edited:

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Saw someone mention it on the main board, but if the Canucks are looking for an RD and the Devils want a top 6 winger, how would we beat an offer like Garland for Severson straight uup?

I think at some point we will have to accept that Nill is done, even if we don't want to believe it. If the Stars clear cap space, I'd imagine it'd be to re-sign Klingberg unfortunately

We don’t.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Klingberg is not coming back here. Even if he's not getting the money and term he's been looking for the Stars now have moved on.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Went perhaps a little low on the Oettinger & Robertson contracts, and not sure where the Kessel contract would end up, but here's my roster going into 22-23 if Jim Nill stops being scared of making moves. Get it done Jim.

Only dumped Gurianov & Khudobin. Buried Kiviranta & Hanley in the AHL

roster.JPG

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You guys hanging onto hope that Nill makes any additional moves are only setting yourselves up for heartbreak.

This is the team we're rolling into the season with +/- Johnston, Bourque, Stankoven

Oh there's no hope with me, I'm just imagining a fun alternate universe

Reactions: RefalancheStillLose

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Dallas at risk of being left holding the bag and not having the defense situated going into the season. If the Stars can't get this season right, they not only passed on the Klingberg return- but preemptively passed on a Pavelski return last year too. Not saying I don't want him here, but if we aren't doing anything this season I would rather have taken the king's ransom he would have brought in.

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
I still hope that Klinger signs with us. He is the first star i saw career from the start. I still love him and his playstyle even though he had some rough years. i would prefer something like 3x6mil i dont think he would go lower.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Maybe the Islanders already have an agreement with Klingberg but since its Lou we don't find out until like September

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Maybe the Islanders already have an agreement with Klingberg but since its Lou we don't find out until like September

Lou’s fax machine probably broke after he signed all those AHL contracts a few days before free agency actually opened

Reactions: Dallasman

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Lou’s fax machine probably broke after he signed all those AHL contracts a few days before free agency actually opened

Isles are the only team that hasn't officially signed a single NHL player in free agency . So wierd. Like no way they haven't actually signed anybody . So why do this non-sense song and dance keeping it all secret for as long as possible ?

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Isles are the only team that hasn't officially signed a single NHL player in free agency . So wierd. Like no way they haven't actually signed anybody . So why do this non-sense song and dance keeping it all secret for as long as possible ?

Did you not read my post? Lou’s fax machine must have broken. Dude probably doesn’t even know FA started already.

There’s no other logical explanation for that dinosaur of a GM.

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
I think the Islanders are a perfect trade partner
See if they are Intreasted in Faksa Dobby Kiveranta or Gurianov and try and nab one of there RFAs

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
WhatsApp group falls short again.

Even Friedman acknowledged there were rumors about Laine moving at the draft.

I’ll have Morrison back on the first flight to Hamilton if you’re not careful. :box:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BG44

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
I'm not sure but what do u think? Ur trades have all seemed pretty reasonable so far
Sarcasm is cool

Id offer Gurianov, Kiveranta, Dobby and a pair of prospects to help facilitate a trade
Maybe Ty Dellandrea and Riley tufte
for Laine and a small throw in type player for the minors like Marcus Bjork

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Sarcasm is cool

Id offer Gurianov, Kiveranta, Dobby and a pair of prospects to help facilitate a trade

There is one player of any value in that deal, I don't see why any team would accept rejects for Laine.

Reactions: Elysian

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Sarcasm is cool

Nhl 22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad