Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #36 - Artem Duda, LHD

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Report just appeared hinting that he won't be welcomed back by CSKA. So my understanding is that the question now is if he can sign an AHL deal with an active KHL contract or if he has to just sit out until May?

Reactions: Schemp

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Report just appeared hinting that he won't be welcomed back by CSKA. So my understanding is that the question now is if he can sign an AHL deal with an active KHL contract or if he has to just sit out until May?
I don't think the NHLPA wants to rule on it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
But if let's say it is an AHL-only (or even ECHL-only) contract, what does the NHLPA has to do with it?
I think it's the agreement between Federations and the NHL that would be an issue but I'm not sure where any of that stands in regards to Russia these days?? Last I read was contracts are still being honored.

Reactions: Jakey53

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
duda.png

russian state-funded media taunts on Duda saying "oh you better stay at home". Sweet home, native club, everything is so lovely in russia. Disgusting.
I feel bad for the player, though he is russian. NCAA decided to respect the contract of a country that respects nothing. The player escaped from the schizophrenic circus, but it seems he got into another circus in the US.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
View attachment 789825
russian state-funded media taunts on Duda saying "oh you better stay at home". Sweet home, native club, everything is so lovely in russia. Disgusting.
I feel bad for the player, though he is russian. NCAA decided to respect the contract of a country that respects nothing. The player escaped from the schizophrenic circus, but it seems he got into another circus in the US.
Aside from the rather provoking title the article's content is pretty much on point, as it was a dumb decision indeed.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
What a catastrophe. He could’ve been in the KHL all year.
I could be wrong but wasn’t it reported that he didn’t want to play in Russia? The NCAA screwed him and he’s doing the best out of a crappy situation.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I could be wrong but wasn’t it reported that he didn’t want to play in Russia? The NCAA screwed him and he’s doing the best out of a crappy situation.
The NCAA sucks. But this should’ve been anticipated. He’s played pro games. This seems like a bad gamble that backfired spectacularly and cost him an entire season of development at a hugely critical time. Look how important this season has been for Guenther and Doan. Meanwhile Duda hasn’t played.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
The NCAA sucks. But this should’ve been anticipated. He’s played pro games. This seems like a bad gamble that backfired spectacularly and cost him an entire season of development at a hugely critical time. Look how important this season has been for Guenther and Doan. Meanwhile Duda hasn’t played.
I get it and you’re not wrong but if he didn’t want to play in Russia, what could he have done?

Reactions: Kaizen

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I get it and you’re not wrong but if he didn’t want to play in Russia, what could he have done?

What about another European pro league? Would anyone sign him if he's under contract with the KHL? Seems like the war situation should be considered.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
What about another European pro league? Would anyone sign him if he's under contract with the KHL? Seems like the war situation should be considered.
I’m not sure how any of that works. All I know is if it’s true that he didn’t want to play in Russia, the options might have been very limited.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It can be considered as much as they want, but the IIHF currently still say that the KHL contracts are valid and therefore the leagues/federations that are part of the IIHF wouldn't allow that. Btw, that is valid not only for the European leagues, but if I understand it correctly also for the USHL.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I’m not sure how any of that works. All I know is if it’s true that he didn’t want to play in Russia, the options might have been very limited.
As far as i know, it wasn't a problem for players with a khl contract to leave and get their contract negated to join a european Club.
Similar to the UEFA.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
To be fair, he at least could've tried to negotiate with CSKA about some sort of a mutual contract termination before leaving, not sure if they would've agreed, but there were some cases before.
I thought I read somewhere that CSKA denied his request?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
As far as i know, it wasn't a problem for players with a khl contract to leave and get their contract negated to join a european Club.
Similar to the UEFA.
In the UEFA transfer fee is paid by the new team for the contract with a former team to be terminated, it is possible in hockey to do this too, however in practice it doesn't happen too often, at least if we are talking about KHL teams.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Yes, but it happened in August, after he already left, so at this point it became a matter of principle for CSKA. I meant that it could've been different if he tried to negotiate in May before leaving.
Hindsight! He probably waited afterwards, to make sure he could get/stay in the US.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
In the UEFA transfer fee is paid by the new team for the contract with a former team to be terminated, it is possible in hockey to do this too, however in practice it doesn't happen too often, at least if we are talking about KHL teams.
The rule in the uefa was an exception.
No Transfer Fee nothing. You wanna leave russia?
Just do it.
And i know of Hockey Players who did the Same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad