Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #36 - Artem Duda, LHD

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
The CIS is underrated hockey. It is mostly 20-25 year olds who have aged out of the CHL, but these are good players with a pro mindset. Many CIS grads go on to play pro in Europe or ECHL so it's not a nothing league. He will get good competition especially as a 19 year old against those players. The CIS all star team routinely beats Team Canada WJC team in exhibitions during their training camps as well. It's better than nothing.

TMU has a dozen games left before playoffs. They are usually not a real strong program but they have a good team this year so they could go deep.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Does anyone know whether KHL teams toll contracts? Duda clearly hasn't fulfilled his contract,

Obviously I hope they don't but to me its a legitimate question. :dunno:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I asked Caser that question on the main boards. Their belief is that the contract and Duda's obligation to the KHL both expire in May. If he later wants to play in the KHL then he'd still owe his team that one season.

Reactions: Kaizen

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
There was definitely some f***ery going on from the NCAA. Duda wouldn't have come over unless there was already some understanding that he was eligible to play. At least, that's what I've gleaned out of my buddy who works for Maine.

• Wow
Reactions: rt and Kaizen

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
There was definitely some f***ery going on from the NCAA. Duda wouldn't have come over unless there was already some understanding that he was eligible to play. At least, that's what I've gleaned out of my buddy who works for Maine.
Influential complainers probably. Much like the extremely excessive sanctions against AZ for stretch-gate. Certain influential teams got extra grumpy and the League capitulated with ridiculously draconian penalties that absolutely dwarf sanctions levied against teams guilty so much worse.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
^^^^^

Just looked a little further, and there's a free option to see live games with on demand for 24-hours.

Plus an upgrade to $9.99 CDN per month which includes on demand anytime through the season.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
IMG_5579.jpeg

I watched Duda live tonight. Easily the best player on his team but that is to be expected considering the league he is in and his own skill set. Lots of puck touches and never fumbled it. Impressive size. Powerful skater.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Is the conventional wisdom that Duda will sign in May and play in Tucson next season? Is he ready?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
TMU's year over after a spanking by UNB. Ideally we'll see Duda in Tucson soon, or once his KHL contract expires at the end of April. :dunno:

I'm guessing he'll travel soon and start unofficial practice. Or is that not allowed.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I suspect that he's gotten what he wanted out of TMU. Not a lot of need to finish classes.

Hopefully he's free of his KHL contract soon.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad