GDT: 2022-23 season game 48 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @5:00pm 1/21/22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I hate these Taco Bell commercials.

I don't want to see close ups of people's mouths while they eat, then licking their fingers afterwards. Gross.

Reactions: 21Dog and kenito7

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake should be fired.

The issues have been the issues have been the issues for the last 3 years consistently. There's patience, and then there's inaction; Blake is on the 2nd one.

Gaping hole at LHD in the entire org, gaping hole at G in the entire org.

The coaching/usage/development is a different conversation entirely but you cannot be a serious contender with sub-.900 goaltending and Sean f***ing Durzi playing the wrong side on the 2nd pairing and being a Mikey Anderson sneeze away from Toby Bjornfot being your best LHD in the org and literaly NOTHING behind him

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
What's worse?

Gretzky centering Dan Bylsma and Bob Kudelski or Fiala playing with Lizotte and Anderson-Dolan?

It must make an oppsoing coach giddy AF, as he sees the opponents best player, playing line 3 with
2 players that are barely 4th line NHL players.
JAD getting more PP time and out with the pulled goalie, too. 0 goals, 1 assist in 14 games.
TM should be fired. Now.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
What's worse?

Gretzky centering Dan Bylsma and Bob Kudelski or Fiala playing with Lizotte and Anderson-Dolan?

It must make an oppsoing coach giddy AF, as he sees the opponents best player, playing line 3 with
JAD getting more PP time and out with the pulled goalie, too. 0 goals, 1 assist in 14 games.
TM should be fired. Now.
Uh, what is wrong with 40 goal scorer Bob Kudelski? Byslma did not play for the Kings until well after Kudelski was traded to Ottawa.

Reactions: All The Kings Men

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fire the Koala bear. Remember the reverse sweep?

They should both be gone at this point.

TM has taken this team as far as he can and has lived up to his rep as a choker with an inability to adjust in-game or in-series. Dude doesn't know time outs exist, I'm convinced he thinks the refs are just getting water when the other team takes them. He's got a rep for being unable to integrate youth at stop after stop after stop no matter how good he sounds.

But I was already on the fire TM wagon, now I'm just adding Blake to it. He's paralyzed by inaction. The very apparent issues that we have been calling out for years have just gotten worse and worse to the point where they're basically the sole reason we are blackholing--and no help is on the way. In fact, it gets WORSE after this year when looking at the pipeline at various positions.

Fire them before they do some REAL damage to the kids taking over and/or the pipeline of assets. The only reason they even look remotely good right now is the worst pacific division in its history propping up their corpses; any other division or no Copley heroics and these guys would be long gone but Pheonix's below-league-average play was enough to save them.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
God what an immensely frustrating game. Worst possible start, climb your way out of the hole only to blow it to the smithereens in the last period. Absolutely pathetic. Worst possible time to blow games. First time all season they've gone 3+games without getting a point.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
When and if Blake makes a deal to rid ourselves of the spare parts you have to know Lemieux has to be gone right? Lizotte too,you can't win a Stanley Cup with him at Centre even on the 4th line. Iafallo too should be dealt,Moore has overtaken him when if he'll come back this season. Kaliyev? Well I think he'll be part of a deal for a LD-man. Fagemo?Turcotte?Madden?Love Turcotte's speed but he's had a terrible injury history that hasn't gotten much better.Walker,Roy will be gone at some point between now and 2024 TDL,partly because the Kings need to move some salary as they are basically up against the Cap ceiling with many players to sign long term. Not sure what LA does in goal,though you'd think Petersen has to be coming back because our goaltenders have laid 2 eggs in 2 games. Will Blake wait until the 6th game of the Road trip when LA is 0-6?Time will tell me thinks

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Blake definitely is failing when he stayed still on bringing in a proven goaltender and hoping that Copley would get it done. Aside from the problems the Kings have in front of the goaltender. They definitely will lose without a strong goaltender. What I hate most is that the Kings show too much loyalty to players that are past their prime. What they did 5 years ago was great but they are not doing a thing for the team now.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

TM has taken this team as far as he can and has lived up to his rep as a choker with an inability to adjust in-game or in-series. Dude doesn't know time outs exist, I'm convinced he thinks the refs are just getting water when the other team takes them. He's got a rep for being unable to integrate youth at stop after stop after stop no matter how good he sounds.

But I was already on the fire TM wagon, now I'm just adding Blake to it. He's paralyzed by inaction. The very apparent issues that we have been calling out for years have just gotten worse and worse to the point where they're basically the sole reason we are blackholing--and no help is on the way. In fact, it gets WORSE after this year when looking at the pipeline at various positions.

Fire them before they do some REAL damage to the kids taking over and/or the pipeline of assets. The only reason they even look remotely good right now is the worst pacific division in its history propping up their corpses; any other division or no Copley heroics and these guys would be long gone but Pheonix's below-league-average play was enough to save them.
If they miss the playoffs maybe heads will roll but at this point it looks like more patting themselves on the back and promoting their buddies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Uh, what is wrong with 40 goal scorer Bob Kudelski? Byslma did not play for the Kings until well after Kudelski was traded to Ottawa.
well, may have been 2 different seasons....but Gretzky played with Igor Liba abd Dan Bylsma and that's my point, with Fiala playing with Lizotte and Anderson-Dolan. It's a total joke. Period.
TM could certainly put Fiala on line 1 or Danault's line, for that matter.

Lizotte should never move up from line 4, ever. Kupari could play 3C. If TM keeps Lizotte and JAD higher than line 4, the Kings will continue to lose and no, it's not all on those 2, but lose they will.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
What's worse?

TM should be fired. Now.

this is a long time ago and my memory certainly fuzzy due to my experimentation with halluciongens- but was Blysma long after Kudelski was traded for a bag of pucks and went on to have a couple of great seasons in Ottowa?

Reactions: AbsentMojo

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Blake is content to make tighter-and-tighter orbits around the black hole. He seems to enjoy meciocrity and not making a plan and setting a course to reach a destination. It's likely too late now to trade the assets that should have been sent on their way long ago.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
It's like this mysterious flying ball...it must be coming for the Kings and derailing their season,
and no, I have *no idea wtf this is...someone sent it to me. real or unreal, it's pretty cool. lol

*but now, I think it has something to do with the Kings season.

Attachments

• 2805682717325202169.MP4
    280.5 KB

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings haven't had a goalie over .910 in significant action since Campbell in 2018-2019, Blake hasn't done anything about it. In fact, it's gotten worse.

Kings haven't fixed the LHD situation in years either, in fact, it's gotten worse. Blake's attempts at reclamation projects include Edler and Maatta, but he also tried Joakim Ryan, Ben Hutton, even Dion Phaneuf--he's never replaced Muzzin/Martinez even Forbort, the solution after this many years is Sean Durzi on the left side and pray Mikey Anderson doesn't catch a cold.

Tick tock. Time's up for the "well what is he SUPPOSED to do" rhetoric, he's literally had years at these issues.

Edit: If I'm Mikey Anderson's agent I'm showing up to Blake's office this offseason totally naked and asking him to draw me while I spit out high numbers.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Problems with Kings is not at F, its totally defense and goaltending followed by coaching.

As for tmac- not being facetious here but has he called one Time Out all season? they give up 2 in succession- thats the time to use it and get back to basics or rally the troops. Seriously- I dont think hes called one Time Out this season.

Playing Durzi on the PK- made my thoughts known plenty of times here but Durzi is the weakest DMan on the team defensively- major blunder. Goaltending woes magnify coaching blunders but tonight was a winnable game that went as a regulation loss- probably at least 5 this season this has happened. Thats on Coaching.

If some team makes a huge offer for Doughty that comes with a proven goalie and a top 4 dman- hard not to consider the offer. If you can move Durzi for a 2nd or 3rd or include in a package with Turcotte for a strong LHD and journeyman goalie- have to consider that offer.

Im a Spence fanboy for sure and his all around play would clearly be a difference make on the big club.

In Ontario- Chromiak with the hatty and Spence assisting on 2 of them.

Last edited:

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Everything being said,

LA is still right there. You aren’t going to win every game. Just can’t go on extended losing streaks. Tomorrow is a big game.

Timing sucks especially after getting some love from outside outlets.

The team isn’t the same without GV, TM, and AK.

Need to take the game to Chicago tomorrow.

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Just a bit of a losing streak I still believe they can make the playoffs. Problem is goaltending needs to improve. Copley has come down to earth and Quick has one foot out the door to retirement. Just gotta weather the storm. Not even sure who blake can get.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Everything being said,

LA is still right there. You aren’t going to win every game. Just can’t go on extended losing streaks. Tomorrow is a big game.

Timing sucks especially after getting some love from outside outlets.

The team isn’t the same without GV, TM, and AK.

Need to take the game to Chicago tomorrow.

They're only right there because the division f***ing sucks, though

This team only exists to be a punching bag for whoever finishes 1st in the central and these assholes will pat themselves on the back for it. Imagine taking Sean Durzi and Copley vs. Colorado. "Noble effort" and all that.

Chromiak hatty!

Enjoy it while we can, he's getting traded with a 1st for Ian Cole tomorrow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad