GDT: 2022-23 season game 48 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @5:00pm 1/21/22

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I don’t care how he turned it over, I care about where. He has zero blame.
I’d have to watch it again but when Lizotte approaches the blue line, I think the D men were changing. They were probably changing because they saw it was a 2 on 4, with Lizotte heading right into three guys. They assumed he’d get the puck deep instead of skating right into the guys like a dumbass. It WAS technically past the blue line, but still not deep enough into the zone. Lizotte didn’t read the situation correctly, got pasted hard, and the Preds transitioned way quicker than anyone expected.

Reactions: kingsboy11

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Even though it’s commonplace now, it’s never not stunning to me how quickly and outrageously this team will fall apart in a game.

This was a quintessential loss from the Blake/Todd era. Bad goaltending puts you behind straight out of the gate. You claw back with some solid hockey to regain a lead. And then, inexplicably, like a seizure, you just fall over and give the game away.

There are some bright spots among the kids for sure, but my god is this franchise rotting from the top down.
Yes, and it starts with Robitaille. It's time to send the organization's mascot on his way.

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I’d have to watch it again but when Lizotte approaches the blue line, I think the D men were changing. They were probably changing because they saw it was a 2 on 4, with Lizotte heading right into three guys. They assumed he’d get the puck deep instead of skating right into the guys like a dumbass. It WAS technically past the blue line, but still not deep enough into the zone. Lizotte didn’t read the situation correctly, got pasted hard, and the Preds transitioned way quicker than anyone expected.

Yup spot on, just re-watched it. Doughty hands it off the Lizotte who had just come on for a change, Doughty and Anderson go for a line change. When Lizotte receives the puck and picks his head up, he's got 2 Preds in front of him closing him down and JAD coming down the right wing, 3 options he could've done was

1. Wrap it around the boards, or dump it in the right wing corner and have JAD start the forecheck.
2. Dumped it in and start the forecheck himself or
3. Make the cross ice pass to JAD although its a riskier play.

Instead he does none of these, skates right into the 2 preds and they go the other way. Durzi and Roy now have to hurry to get into position because a counter attack just started and weren't expecting it. Could it have been defended better? Yeah probably, but a simple dump in would've been the best move. You could see his reaction after the goal is scored that it was his fault.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
This is not what he said...

He said that teams are sturggling below us who don't belong to be below us in the standing.
As soon as those teams gain momentum and they do right now, we will find our self fighting for a playoff spot
Right. At the beginning of the season, no one would have thought that the Avs or Calgary would be out of a playoff spot. Both very highly picked to be high in the standings. The Kraken were spoken of making improvements. Now the Kraken have passed the Kings with games in hand, Calgary is pushing and will most likely be where they were picked to be and the Avs once health have the team to go all the way. Kings where they are now are not looking as good as they did. Have a big question in goal now, injuries to Vilardi and still playing inconsistent and add a 3 game loosing streak which they cannot afford to loose much to begin isn't a receipt for success.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Right. At the beginning of the season, no one would have thought that the Avs or Calgary would be out of a playoff spot. Both very highly picked to be high in the standings. The Kraken were spoken of making improvements. Now the Kraken have passed the Kings with games in hand, Calgary is pushing and will most likely be where they were picked to be and the Avs once health have the team to go all the way. Kings where they are now are not looking as good as they did. Have a big question in goal now, injuries to Vilardi and still playing inconsistent and add a 3 game loosing streak which they cannot afford to loose much to begin isn't a receipt for success.
I know, right? The Kings are like the only team in a playoff spot that are inconsistent and don't consistently win every game! Just pack it in now, it's over.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00