GDT: 2022-23 season game 48 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @5:00pm 1/21/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FnAtn9gXwAA6Dtp

Los Angeles Kings (25-16-6, 56pts, 3rd in Pacific)@ Nashville Predators(21-18-6, 48pts, 5th in Central)
Bridgestone Arena | Nashville, TN
TIME: 5:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

REGULAR SEASON STATS
mJpuhbc.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings
Lxrewdj.png

R9RwvDI.png

phzMZGc.png

cGOrZMx.png

Scratched: Jacob Moverare, Alex Turcotte
Covid: N/A
Injured: Arthur Kaliyev, Trevor Moore, Carl Grundstrom, Gabriel Vilardi

:nashville
6r1mGLn.png

h1W3cfl.png

Injuries: Mark Borowiecki
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Good news, boys…I’m bringing my superior mojo to Smashville. Anyone who wants to buy me a beer, just let me know.

Reactions: Gjwrams

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i doubt we see turcotte tonight given how physical nashville plays

back to back in his hometown vs. less crazy opponent we'd better though

Reactions: ru4reals

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
“likely the same lineup”

Because that worked so well the last game?

I really hope they use some of theses back to backs to look at the guys they just brought up

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
It's nice to know, once you become a 'trusting player' for Todd, you get a long leash and production matters not.
Sure, JAD works hard, but 0 goals, 1 assist in last 13 games...while getting to play with Danault, 2nd PP time and now 3rd line. How is Byfield suppose to build on his mostly excellent play, as LW1? Now playing LW3 with Lizotte and JAD?

Nice to know a 'Todd trusted player' does not have to be a productive player.
(waiting for my Axl 'Rhodes Scholar' lesson)

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
It's nice to know, once you become a 'trusting player' for Todd, you get a long leash and production matters not.
Sure, JAD works hard, but 0 goals, 1 assist in last 13 games...while getting to play with Danault, 2nd PP time and now 3rd line. How is Byfield suppose to build on his mostly excellent play, as LW1? Now playing LW3 with Lizotte and JAD?

Same clown show, same clown channel.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Same clown show, same clown channel.
Yes, exactly, The Todd Clown Show. He abhors 2nd overall, 5th overall, 7th overall (Lias) 11 OA Vilardi, 20th overall Kupari, 31st overall Kaliyev players and puts them on line 4 and expects them to first become 200 foot, trusting players. Almost impossible to do, when you get 8 min TOI and playing with 'trusted players' like Lizotte and JAD. No wonder they cannot produce. Not to mention, makes ALL OF THE CENTERS learn to play wing in the AHL, for that matter.

He's also said the ridiculous quote "they were all scoring wizards in juniors' (or some such) and basiscally lumps all players together, as having the same scoring talent and offensive abilities, coming into the pro game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ru4reals

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yes, exactly, The Todd Clown Show. He abhors 2nd overall, 5th overall, 7th overall (Lias) 11 OA Vilardi, 20th overall Kupari, 31st overall Kaliyev players and puts them on line 4 and expects them to first become 200 foot, trusting players. Almost impossible to do, when you get 8 min TOI and playing with 'trusted players' like Lizotte and JAD. No wonder they cannot produce. Not to mention, makes ALL OF THE CENTERS learn to play wing in the AHL, for that matter.

He's also said the ridiculous quote "they were all scoring wizards in juniors' (or some such) and basiscally lumps all players together, as having the same scoring talent and offensive abilities, coming into the pro game.

Such a stupid f***ing post with zero thought behind it, why am I not surprised.

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The makeup of the bottom six is questionable though, if the lineup is as expected. It’s basically 2 checking lines with only Byfield and Fagemo as offensive guys. Surely at the very least you’d put them together? I really don’t understand that deployment, because it is so unbalanced, but let’s see.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The makeup of the bottom six is questionable though, if the lineup is as expected. It’s basically 2 checking lines with only Byfield and Fagemo as offensive guys. Surely at the very least you’d put them together? I really don’t understand that deployment, because it is so unbalanced, but let’s see.
It'd be the same if Fiala was down there instead....I don't know if you want those too together on one line though

bland

Jul 1, 2004

JAD has been exactly what the Kings needed and they have been much better with him in the lineup.

You need low event wingers who win battles, get pucks deep and control the flow of the game - especially on a team that does not thrive in chaotic situations. This team has the skill now to play a controlled game and find ways to take better advantage of their opportunities. Problem is that early on they had 4 lines with offensive wingers who kept going for it instead of settling it down. Its a more balanced team with JAD in it.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
They might be playing JAD up the lineup to showcase him for scouts. He is an obvious trade chip.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The Lizotte line was far and away their best against Dallas. The 4th was loose change that rolled together in a pocket.

Reactions: Schmooley

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
JAD has been exactly what the Kings needed and they have been much better with him in the lineup.

You need low event wingers who win battles, get pucks deep and control the flow of the game - especially on a team that does not thrive in chaotic situations. This team has the skill now to play a controlled game and find ways to take better advantage of their opportunities. Problem is that early on they had 4 lines with offensive wingers who kept going for it instead of settling it down. Its a more balanced team with JAD in it.

Gentle reminder that our leading power play goal scorer who barely gets 6 ES minutes a game is on IR because he broke his foot blocking a shot while buried on the 4th line.

Let's not pretend Todd is playing 4D chess by having JAD in the lineup; he has almost no choice. This is like giving him credit for 'finding' Spence last season after using 12 other dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad