Celtics/NBA 2022-23 NBA Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Its a shame but Curry is on another level.
Going by Giannis every year wont be easy, Tatum has a lot of growing to do.

All in all, it was a fantastic season.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
page (2).jpg
FVbhSo9UEAEm1yp.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Such a bummer - I would rather have lost in round 2 to Milwaukee then get my hopes up leading 2-1

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Realist in me new Warriors would win fan in me deep down hoped they would make it a 7 game series.

Have no hate towards Warriors they were annoying for a second but its not like theyre Philly or BK. Hopefully this helps the young stars on the team mature.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
there's always next year friends :)

Very interested to see if Tatum was actually playing with a real injury. If not, his performance was extremely disappointing. He'll never be Kobe.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
From what I saw, I really thought the Celtics could have won the series. Steph Curry sure looks like the best player in the world, but it also looked like the Celtics definitely underperformed.

Back to the drawing board.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
From what I saw, I really thought the Celtics could have won the series. Steph Curry sure looks like the best player in the world, but it also looked like the Celtics definitely underperformed.

Back to the drawing board.
You'd be correct.

Warriors found a way to win so credit to them, but Celtics really shot themselves in the foot multiples times.

The really need to overhaul that bench. It's priority #1.

The mop up scrubs scored more than points than Pritchard/Grant/White in games 5-6.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Honestly...the way both Brown and Tatum handled this sobering defeat is a positive. They realize now how much winning matters and what it takes to get that brass ring and that Ime was right to ride them the way he did. I HOPE that means Marcus learned the same lesson and that all three of them will drop the immature bullshit, but we will see.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Overall? I am happy with this season. The Celtics finally broke through and now they understand that thumping your chest over "almost winning" makes you look stupid as hell. Hopefully they come back stronger and wiser from this defeat and, with a little bit more talent, this team can get over the line and put up banner 18. NOW...that said...the people who were celebrating outside of TD Garden after the Warriors won were embarrassing ass clowns who should be barred from ever buying a ticket or watching another Celtics game again. Now is not the time to sing goodship lollipop. Now is the time for this team to strike while the iron is hot and add to crucial areas and get some key pieces because this team needs just a few more players to get over the line.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
At first it might seem shocking, because many thought the Celtics had the better and more talented team, but a) didn't turn out to be true and b) even if it was kind of even the team with the best player won.

That's what usually happens in the NBA when the talent level is on par. Curry was miles ahead of Tatum. The point is: The Celtics won 2 series against MIL and MIA in which the opponent had the best player on the floor. That's not a recipe for success. But I didn't think Curry had such a finals series in him. Yes, the defense against him wasn't as good as advertised, but he just flat out beat them with tough shots left and right.

It is what it is, you cannot be too mad about this team. In the end they lost against a better team, it happens.

Will the Celtics ever get back with this core and eventually win? I doubt it if Marcus is part of it. Jury is still out on Tatum if he can lead the C's to a title as a true superstar. Smart is not good enough of a 3rd string player. The most impressed over these playoffs I have been with Brown. He didn't play like a true superstar, but he was very consistent against any opponent, no matter what teams threw at him. He can IMO definitely be a #2 on a championship-team.

What they need to do is move on from Smart. They may have to go all in with Beal. I have never been a huge fan of him, but he may want to come here and may have great chemistry with Tatum.

If not Beal, they should go after Brogdon or Lonzo Ball to replace Smart.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
At first it might seem shocking, because many thought the Celtics had the better and more talented team, but a) didn't turn out to be true and b) even if it was kind of even the team with the best player won.

That's what usually happens in the NBA when the talent level is on par. Curry was miles ahead of Tatum. The point is: The Celtics won 2 series against MIL and MIA in which the opponent had the best player on the floor. That's not a recipe for success. But I didn't think Curry had such a finals series in him. Yes, the defense against him wasn't as good as advertised, but he just flat out beat them with tough shots left and right.

It is what it is, you cannot be too mad about this team. In the end they lost against a better team, it happens.

Will the Celtics ever get back with this core and eventually win? I doubt it if Marcus is part of it. Jury is still out on Tatum if he can lead the C's to a title as a true superstar. Smart is not good enough of a 3rd string player. The most impressed over these playoffs I have been with Brown. He didn't play like a true superstar, but he was very consistent against any opponent, no matter what teams threw at him. He can IMO definitely be a #2 on a championship-team.

What they need to do is move on from Smart. They may have to go all in with Beal. I have never been a huge fan of him, but he may want to come here and may have great chemistry with Tatum.

If not Beal, they should go after Brogdon or Lonzo Ball to replace Smart.
What's the thought process on bringing in Beal? Are the going to try to put him at point and be the primary ball handler? He seems redundant with Tatum and Brown

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
What's the thought process on bringing in Beal? Are the going to try to put him at point and be the primary ball handler? He seems redundant with Tatum and Brown
how are we getting beal? a sign and trade craters our already nonexistent depth (imo)

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Honestly...the way both Brown and Tatum handled this sobering defeat is a positive. They realize now how much winning matters and what it takes to get that brass ring and that Ime was right to ride them the way he did. I HOPE that means Marcus learned the same lesson and that all three of them will drop the immature bullshit, but we will see.
I hope so. He called them out for that stuff all year and they really didn’t listen in the end, with the complaining/looking for fouls he joined in with them. They needa get over that stuff.

Idt Smart will ever learn his role personally, Im not a fan of his so could be bias. Still seems like they defer to him too much because maybe he demands that, I would move him and get a true PG but Im an idiot.

Saw great stuff from RW3, played through injury and played hard. If he can consistently stay on the court I think he’s a huge piece.

Reactions: EvilDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad