Celtics/NBA 2022-23 NBA Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Ainge's reputation for robbing teams is overstated and based almost completely on the trade with the Nets and the IT trade.
The media ran with it because it seemed true based on all of Ainge's second round picks and much due diligence from Ainge. Ainge perpetuated it because of his ego and the need to justify missing on players that would have made them contenders.
Utah gave up a lot, but not as much as it appears. Sexton is a talented ball-hog who needs to play pg to see the ball but is a lousy pg. The picks will be low. The swaps will be more useful, I think. Lauri M is a gifted scorer, capable of over 20 a game, but he cannot defend anyone.

2029 first round pick unprotected when guys typically don't want to live in Cleveland is overkill Ainge knew to not let them just give him the ones coming up soon.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The picks will be low. The swaps will be more useful, I think.
Now how the hell do you figure that ???? Utah will likely not even use those swaps since Cleveland will almost surely end up with a better record than Utah will during those 2 seasons ( 2026 and 2028 ) so they project to have next to no value at all.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly think the deal works well for both the Cavs and Jazz. Cavs have no need to draft and develop more young talent, they’re at the stage where they should be trying to win. Adding Mitchell helps that. Garland-Mitchell-Mobley-Allen is nice.

Wouldn’t shock me to see Lebron join them in 2025 to end his career either

As for the Jazz it’s a no-brainer. They’re not competing any time soon

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I honestly think the deal works well for both the Cavs and Jazz. Cavs have no need to draft and develop more young talent, they’re at the stage where they should be trying to win. Adding Mitchell helps that. Garland-Mitchell-Mobley-Allen is nice.

I'd rather the Knicks deal if I'm the Jazz. Cavs set up to be good for a long time. Bunch of picks in the 20s? Blah.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ainge's reputation for robbing teams is overstated and based almost completely on the trade with the Nets and the IT trade.
The media ran with it because it seemed true based on all of Ainge's second round picks and much due diligence from Ainge. Ainge perpetuated it because of his ego and the need to justify missing on players that would have made them contenders.
Utah gave up a lot, but not as much as it appears. Sexton is a talented ball-hog who needs to play pg to see the ball but is a lousy pg. The picks will be low. The swaps will be more useful, I think. Lauri M is a gifted scorer, capable of over 20 a game, but he cannot defend anyone.
Ainge drafted nearly this whole team. Many of the best draft picks have been from trades. It’s more than just the nets trade.

From 2014 to now he has at least one very good nba player or a guy still on the current team with a prominent role.

Smart
Rozier
Brown
Tatum
Robert Williams
Grant williams
Pritchard

Idk what players you are talking about that hurt the Celtics from being contenders that DA missed on, but the Celtics are currently one of the top contenders, built almost entirely off of trades Ainge made, players Ainge drafted and players Ainge traded for lol.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Ainge drafted nearly this whole team. Many of the best draft picks have been from trades. It’s more than just the nets trade.

From 2014 to now he has at least one very good nba player or a guy still on the current team with a prominent role.

Smart
Rozier
Brown
Tatum
Robert Williams
Grant williams
Pritchard

Idk what players you are talking about that hurt the Celtics from being contenders, but the Celtics are currently one of the top contenders, built almost entirely off of trades Ainge made, players Ainge drafted and players Ainge traded for lol.
I am talking trades and possible trades not draft picks. Sorry but I would rather have had Leonard or Butler or George than Brown.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The West is pretty open and they'd have been near the top but you trade guys a year early vs a year late.

Gordon Hayward really screwed the Jazz over bandwagon hopping to the Celtics. They would have made a finals appearance if they had him the last few years.
Haywood was/is Haywood, as so many individuals are. It is about them and them only.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Thanks for info. Lebron and his son?

Reactions: CDJ

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Do you think that the Celtics should replace Gallinari with someone from within or from outside? I feel that once Steven had the idea of this type of player for the team, he would look around in his barn to see if he had one that could fit the bill. He didn't find one so he looked outside and got Gallinari.

Did I answer my own question?

I want a tall guy who can score from the outside and play defense. I strongly feel that the Celtics will need this player because of Horford or RWIII or both going down for more than a few days.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Do you think that the Celtics should replace Gallinari with someone from within or from outside? I feel that once Steven had the idea of this type of player for the team, he would look around in his barn to see if he had one that could fit the bill. He didn't find one so he looked outside and got Gallinari.

Did I answer my own question?

I want a tall guy who can score from the outside and play defense. I strongly feel that the Celtics will need this player because of Horford or RWIII or both going down for more than a few days.
I'd like to give Kabengele a chance, but at the same time if an established vet is available I'd probably go that route

Reactions: Maine Fan

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to give Kabengele a chance, but at the same time if an established vet is available I'd probably go that route

Kabengele is not a guy who can replace Gallinari. He is a backup big . He has shown basically no offensive skill in his 2 years in the league. (and yes I know he had a nice summer league)

Right now you depth at Forward is Ryan, Hauser, Vonleh, Cabolco. So basically your on roster replacement for Gallinari is Sam Hauser. Are you good with him for 20+ minutes a night, and basically being a starter if something happens with one of the starters?

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Kabengele is not a guy who can replace Gallinari. He is a backup big . He has shown basically no offensive skill in his 2 years in the league. (and yes I know he had a nice summer league)

Right now you depth at Forward is Ryan, Hauser, Vonleh, Cabolco. So basically your on roster replacement for Gallinari is Sam Hauser. Are you good with him for 20+ minutes a night, and basically being a starter if something happens with one of the starters?
It sounds like they are going with Hauser, and that isn't good. ...He is a shooting guard not a pf and I think he has a low ceiling. Try and trade for the next pf or center available, Otherwise the games when Horford and Williams are out turn into automatic losses.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

As I said.....give him chance but try to get an established vet....Hauser could end up being decent, but this is not his role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad