Celtics/NBA 2022-23 NBA Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Took LeBron 8 years until he won his 1st. We're gonna be okay folks. We're gonna be okay. This shit stings. But we got a good core. Just need some tweaks here and there. We will be back.

Reactions: Maine Fan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Unto next year, they guaranteed Horford's contract, which was a mistake. They need to acquire a good pg, and a pf/c, dump Smart and get something of a bench. Tough work for Brad.
They guaranteed the final 5 mil of it, the rest of it had already gauranteed by reaching the finals.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Curry is one hell of a player. I never knew how good until this series. Credit to Klay Thompson, Poole, and the other resources on the bench for the Warriors.

Congrats to them for winning the Championship Series.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I just think guys need to get healthy and they need to add one more bonafide rotation piece on the bench that can score. Easier said than done but they’ve got some tools to make it work

Bench got absolutely worked late in this series and I think it’s because White/Williams are too inconsistent offensively. Need a steadier offensive presence that isn’t a liability on D to help them out more. I’ll find myself perusing rosters until I find a few fits

Their bench isn’t really that good though. Grant Williams and Pritchard are really just meh when it comes down to it. They need other vet players who can step in and stop these shit runs when they happen. A guy who’s been there and won before. As great is Horford is, he’s really a career loser and he’s very old now. And I don’t even mean that rudely.

A vet scorer off the bench is needed desperately. I’d prefer a upgrade at PG. Since it won’t happen I’ll settle for more vet influence and a deeper bench

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Celtics need a bench scorer for when Tatum and brown sit and a legit point guard to run the offense. Need a real floor general to run the offense. Either move smart to the 2 and horford to the bench or just smart to the bench, either way. Someone needs to run the offense though. They need to do something to solve the turnover issue and not have brown and Tatum initiate the offense as much.

• Love
Reactions: quietbruinfan

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It will be interesting to find out the injuries they played with. Who needs surgery in the offseason. The Celtics were better on paper but the Warriors were experienced and also had off the bench strength the Celtics lacked.

Hopefully we will add some help and have a better season.

Be honest, how many if you were thinking the Celtics in the Championship Series? Most I know were thinking making the playoffs. So here we are, game 6, of the Championship Series. IMO win or lose I had Curry as the series MVP. I was thinking Brown through game 4, but injuries or mental pressure made him a liability game 5 and 6. BTW we had a rookie coach against Steve Kerr, what a mismatch. As I said, the Celtics didn't have a player like Curry, he was the best.

Thanks Celtics, looking forward to next season.

Well it was a weird year as they were by far the most underachieving team in the game the first half of the year, and then obviously played great the second half. And it's not like it was change of players as they improved dramatically long before they made the trade.

I think preseason not making the second round would have been considered a disappointing season, but obviously make the finals was not what anyone was thinking would happen. Injuries as other things really opened up the East, and the Celts took advantage.

they come back next year with expectations, but a lot is going to change around the East over the next 2 months, So it will be interesting to see next October who the favorites in the East will be

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Their bench isn’t really that good though. Grant Williams and Pritchard are really just meh when it comes down to it. They need other vet players who can step in and stop these shit runs when they happen. A guy who’s been there and won before. As great is Horford is, he’s really a career loser and he’s very old now. And I don’t even mean that rudely.

A vet scorer off the bench is needed desperately. I’d prefer a upgrade at PG. Since it won’t happen I’ll settle for more vet influence and a deeper bench
I would not be so sure about Smart staying/pg. They have added White and drafted three in three years for a reason.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Us old guys just keep getting older.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I don't think the Celtics will find it any easier to get back to the finals and this could be the only trip of the Tatum and Brown era. The Nets imploding and trading Harden opened up the path to the finals for everyone in the east and it just takes a team with 2 stars to add another that fits well and it could close the window for everyone besides a healthy Bucks.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I would not be so sure about Smart staying/pg. They have added White and drafted three in three years for a reason.

There’s no PG waiting in the wings on this roster. A new pg would have to come from outside. The only feasible options are Brogdon or Conley, both of which would be fine but probably not possible due to $. I’d also be hesitant to bring either one in since they don’t really have overly successful winning track records. But Brogdon does interest me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think the Celtics will find it any easier to get back to the finals and this could be the only trip of the Tatum and Brown era. The Nets imploding and trading Harden opened up the path to the finals for everyone in the east and it just takes a team with 2 stars to add another that fits well and it could close the window for everyone besides a healthy Bucks.
Celtics have 3 stars if Timelord is healthy.

Reactions: pgm16

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
There’s no PG waiting in the wings on this roster. A new pg would have to come from outside. The only feasible options are Brogdon or Conley, both of which would be fine but probably not possible due to $. I’d also be hesitant to bring either one in since they don’t really have overly successful winning track records. But Brogdon does interest me.
Been saying Brogdon for a month now......I don't think Conley can defend a chair anymore. I do not expect, Madar to come in and save the day.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If you told me earlier in the season that we'd make the playoffs, let alone the NBA Finals, I would have laughed in your face.

It sucks to lose, but I genuinely had no expectations. They came together and went of a run and they hit a rut. Game 4 was the one they needed. Excited to see what Brad does with the team and upgrading the roster.

From Oct- early May I was in a depressive state. It was hard trying to watch the Bruins and this team. And then comes the playoffs. I had anxiety watching AND have anxiety in general, they both gave me a good escape, even if it didn't work out how i wouldve liked. I appreciate the escape. Ive been out of the darkness for a month now and it feels good. Hope the Sox can make it interesting going forward.

Much love to y'all here. 🥂 to next season.

Reactions: pgm16

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They can trade for anyone in the league money wise before July 13th (I think) with the trade exception and roster pieces of they're truly willing to move some salary.

Creating an enticing package is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00