GWT: 2022-23 - English Domestic Cups (FA/Carabao)

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
De Gea has cost his team points literally every season he has played for United, just because he is world class at one aspect of goalkeeping doesn’t make him a world class keeper.

No other goalie has ever gotten as much leeway as De Gea gets.

• Haha
Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Eriksen has had a pretty invisible game today. Basically just roaming around the midfield but not actually doing anything.
Eriksen and Rashford invisible, Sancho and Fred visible for the all the wrong reasons. I thought Varane was more of a leader in back but it really doesn’t seem like it in this game. AWB still offers nothing going forward. Lindelof is quiet as a mouse.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
De Gea has cost his team points literally every season he has played for United, just because he is world class at one aspect of goalkeeping doesn’t make him a world class keeper.

Yea he cost them a ton of points in 17-18 :laugh:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

De Gea also has literally gave them points in a ton of games over those seasons. For a goal keeper, being world class at shot stopping sure as f*** makes you a world class keeper. That’s the entire damn position.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

The dude hasn't evolved with the position and obviously isn't great now. But he was literally one of the best goalies in the mid-late 10's. Both things can be true.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The game where de Gea broke the single-game saves record against Arsenal was one of the most frustrating ever. Can't remember if we lost or it was a draw, but Arsenal should have scored 5+ that day if not for him being a monster.

To say he was never world class is a bad take.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The game where de Gea broke the single-game saves record against Arsenal was one of the most frustrating ever. Can't remember if we lost or it was a draw, but Arsenal should have scored 5+ that day if not for him being a monster.

To say he was never world class is a bad take.
I feel like Rooney scored or created an OG to make it a loss but I might be mixing games up. That was one of the best goal keeping displays I’ve ever seen. I think he made 16 or 18 saves? Like 8 of them were point blank probably should have been goals.

Reactions: KJS14

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Might’ve been bit harsh on him with that statement but he has always been overrated. Looked world class one game, then like shit the next. Basically never any consistency

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Might’ve been bit harsh on him with that statement but he has always been overrated. Looked world class one game, then like shit the next. Basically never any consistency
That’s just not true either. You can back track all you want but this is classic revisionist history. He’s declined for sure and never been great with the ball at his feet but he was one of the best for close to 10 years.

Reactions: luiginb

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The position has evolved and he hasn't. That doesn't change the fact that he was unequivocally world class for a time. You can't back track your incorrect take now.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The fact that United’s difference makers on the bench are Garnacho and Weghorst while City can bring on Foden, Mahrez, and Alvarez hurts my heart.

Reactions: KJS14

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
That’s just not true either. You can back track all you want but this is classic revisionist history. He’s declined for sure and never been great with the ball at his feet but he was one of the best for close to 10 years.
And never has been great in the air and always been inconsistant. That makes him bad in 3 major aspects of goalkeeping.

Proving the point of him being overrated.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Still shocks me Arsenal might lose Nwaneri to City when Foden (their all-time best academy graduate?) goes through stretches of barely seeing the field. And that's not changing anytime soon.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Tbf Garnacho is as good of an impact sub as basically anyone at the moment.
I love Garnacho and think he’s going to be a fantastic starter for us as early as next season but he’s not really at the same level as Foden and Mahrez especially. Probably could argue with Alvarez but I think it would be pretty weak.

And never has been great in the air and always been inconsistant. That makes him bad in 3 major aspects of goalkeeping.

Proving the point of him being overrated.
That’s just not true. Your takes make me question whether you’ve seen him play before the last couple years.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I love Garnacho and think he’s going to be a fantastic starter for us as early as next season but he’s not really at the same level as Foden and Mahrez especially. Probably could argue with Alvarez but I think it would be pretty weak.
For playing a full 90 I'd agree. But as an impact sub Garnacho is always making an impact.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015

That’s just not true. Your takes make me question whether you’ve seen him play before the last couple years.
He is 2nd in mistakes leading to goals in PL since 2016, that absolutely screams ”consistant” to you?
And I don’t know how anyone can say he is good in the air with a straight face.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He is 2nd in mistakes leading to goals in PL since 2016, that’s absolutely screams ”consistant” to you?
And I don’t know how anyone can say he is good in the air with a straight face.
And he also probably has made the most saves since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: