2022-2023 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Camel Clutch. It was an Iron Sheik move. Unless Slaughter had a Cobra Clutch that I forgot about?
Oh course he did, that was his sleeper hold thingy, supposedly from the marine corp, hence my joke ;) You might remember him mostly from his run in the early 90's, I don't think he did it then.

cap_cobra_original.jpg

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Camel Clutch. It was an Iron Sheik move. Unless Slaughter had a Cobra Clutch that I forgot about?

Slaughter's Cobra Clutch was like the Million Dollar Dream.

1692968313661.png

Although Slaughter also used the Camel Clutch as his finish:

1692968356148.png
1692968382070.png

Reinbacher is coming to camp even though his team is already in exhibition?

I believe he will. I think Hughes mentioned it. It does make sense, since he's signed to an ELC, they will give him a chance to make the team.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
There are a few preseason games today.

- Kostenko is playing now with Khimik. He has an assist so far as they're up 5-3 in the 3rd period.

- Nurmi @ 11:30AM ET (he's listed @ 1LD)
- Engstrom @ noon ET. They're playing against Vaxjo, but Eriksson is with Team Sweden.
- Reinbacher @ 1:30PM ET. I imagine he's still there and hasn't come to Montreal yet.

- Quebec Remparts are playing against Drummondville @ 7:30PM ET. So far, since the regular camp has started, Miller hasn't dressed yet for a preseason game. So it will remain to be seen if he will tonight.
Reinbacher wasn’t playing today. Either he’s already in Montreal or he leave very soon.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
There are a few preseason games today.

- Kostenko is playing now with Khimik. He has an assist so far as they're up 5-3 in the 3rd period.

- Nurmi @ 11:30AM ET (he's listed @ 1LD)
- Engstrom @ noon ET. They're playing against Vaxjo, but Eriksson is with Team Sweden.
- Reinbacher @ 1:30PM ET. I imagine he's still there and hasn't come to Montreal yet.

- Quebec Remparts are playing against Drummondville @ 7:30PM ET. So far, since the regular camp has started, Miller hasn't dressed yet for a preseason game. So it will remain to be seen if he will tonight.

Miller is in as backup tonight. They're testing the other goalie as a potential #2 by starting him.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Quentin Miller played the last 20 minutes of the game. He gave up 2 goals, including one on a penalty shot by Ethan Gauthier. 8 saves

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Volokhin with a shutout in a preseason MHL game. Hard to judge the level of competition especially in pre season but has started the year off splendidly. Any chance he gets called up to VHL?

I don't see how you keep him down if he carries those stats forward.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
From what Ive seen, Volokhin looks ready for the VHL, but as @bopeep said, it would be useless to send him there as backup, better play a ton in MHL. He is only in his D+1 , nothing hurry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagikev and bopeep

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Technique seems pretty good, he has a nice modern pro goalie frame too. They're some potential there IMO.

Was just coming to comment.. he's also got a few highlight reel saves from his athleticism.

Really nice gamble, those feet are great and he gets a lot of power down low in his stance. A lot of impressive blocker saves in that video too.

Would be funny if he's the one that pans out.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
No points today for Bogdan Konyushkov as his team lost 2-1, but he was playing on the first pairing and the other thing that I noticed was an "A" beside his name on the scoresheet. Now it may just have been a situational one time decision but I think it speaks to how highly his team and coaches regard him, which is impressive given that he's only 20 years old.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Was just coming to comment.. he's also got a few highlight reel saves from his athleticism.

Really nice gamble, those feet are great and he gets a lot of power down low in his stance. A lot of impressive blocker saves in that video too.

Given Russia's track record with goalies lately, we should be drafting more of them!

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
No points today for Bogdan Konyushkov as his team lost 2-1, but he was playing on the first pairing and the other thing that I noticed was an "A" beside his name on the scoresheet. Now it may just have been a situational one time decision but I think it speaks to how highly his team and coaches regard him, which is impressive given that he's only 20 years old.

His coach is Igor Larionov, Martin Lapointe mentionned post-draft that he chatted with his old Red Wings teammate about Bogdan and that he got great feedback on his character / work ethic.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Seems par for the course for goalies, they come out of nowhere. The « dart » way of drafting might be the right course of action for that position.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

What I find would be funny is if all of Fowler, Miller & Volokhin work out, when initially, almost everyone was upset they used 3 of their picks to take 3 goalies.

Remember when they took Romanov in the 2nd round? Everyone was like "Who?" and "WTF?" when he ended up being a fan favorite and ended up having enough value that Habs were able to get a 1st rounder for him.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Far from KHL expert, but I think giving players a letter that are young at any time might be a rarity.

Reactions: jrom and bopeep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille