2022-2023 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Eriksson didn't get any points today but Vaxjo won 5-1. He ended up with 10:19 of playing time, sat out 2 minutes for the teams too many men penalty, he blocked a shot and won over 46% of his faceoffs (which he seems pretty adept at right now, just needs to get stronger).

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Technique seems pretty good, he has a nice modern pro goalie frame too. They're some potential there IMO.

I didn't like his technique at all as he plays too small with his torso too far into his pads and had issues staying square to the puck and was clumsy when trying to recover position. Basically the opposite of Fowler who is very technically advanced. Seems to have quick feet though and you can't argue with the results.

I am happy with the drafting strategy of not wasting high picks on goalies while snagging 3 prospects with real potential.

Goalies aren't typically ready until they are between 24-27 so there is plenty of time for him to work on his game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The regular seasons in Russia are starting today (VHL & KHL).

Prospects in action today:

- Kostenko @ 11:30AM ET

Meanwhile, there are still preseason games for other prospects:

- Kapanen @ 11:30AM ET

HPK is also playing @ 11:30AM ET, but Nurmi isn't in the line-up (don't know if injury or if coach wants to evaluate other players).

Also, Brantford is playing a preseason game @ 7PM ET, we'll see if Xhekaj will play or not, again maybe coach wants to evaluate others).

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I didn't like his technique at all as he plays too small with his torso too far into his pads and had issues staying square to the puck and was clumsy when trying to recover position. Basically the opposite of Fowler who is very technically advanced. Seems to have quick feet though and you can't argue with the results.

I am happy with the drafting strategy of not wasting high picks on goalies while snagging 3 prospects with real potential.

Goalies aren't typically ready until they are between 24-27 so there is plenty of time for him to work on his game.
His technique looks ok for an 18 year old IMO, I agree he doesn't use his size to his advantage enough but I see a lot of things with him that can become really good the moment he'll be around a pro training staff. He's nowhere near Fowler ATM in terms of understanding the finer points of the position though, I'm REAL impressed with how polished that kid is.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
His technique looks ok for an 18 year old IMO, I agree he doesn't use his size to his advantage enough but I see a lot of things with him that can become really good the moment he'll be around a pro training staff. He's nowhere near Fowler ATM in terms of understanding the finer points of the position though, I'm REAL impressed with how polished that kid is.

There's nothing really 'wrong' with the technique, Russian goalies have a different style in net then we commonly see over in North America.

He does hold his blocker really low to the ice which is something he will have to change but Bobrovsky does it and made it work so maybe he won't.

His tracking, feet and athleticism are what is intriguing. I don't really care too much about technique at 18 especially since Fucale was one of the most technically proficient young goalies I've ever seen but it didn't matter when the speed of the game elevated.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

HPK is also playing @ 11:30AM ET, but Nurmi isn't in the line-up (don't know if injury or if coach wants to evaluate other players).

Also, Brantford is playing a preseason game @ 7PM ET, we'll see if Xhekaj will play or not, again maybe coach wants to evaluate others).
The Brantfort game is postponed, Florian is too big now, they have to redo all the facilities and doors at the arena to accommodate him :sarcasm:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Xhekaj is not on the roster listed for tonight's game.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Konyushkov didn't get any points today but his team won 5-2. He finished with a +1, a couple of shots on goal and 3 blocked shots. He also had 24:52 of playing time, more than 3 minutes more than any player on either team.
Why does he love him so much? Is he the next Markov or something?

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Larionov's squad is reacting to his coaching style much like the Habs and MSL. He is a player's coach and he's got them playing an uptempo game. His defensemen are heavily involved and he relies on pair of young guns a lot - Maxim Fedotov who led the scoring from the blueline, is 21 years old and Konyushkov who's 20.

Larionov is an extremely bright guy. I met him once - I actually drew blood from him and Pavel Bure, when I was working out at UBC Hospital. There's a reason why they call him The Professor.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Larionov's squad is reacting to his coaching style much like the Habs and MSL. He is a player's coach and he's got them playing an uptempo game. His defensemen are heavily involved and he relies on pair of young guns a lot - Maxim Fedotov who led the scoring from the blueline, is 21 years old and Konyushkov who's 20.

Larionov is an extremely bright guy. I met him once - I actually drew blood from him and Pavel Bure, when I was working out at UBC Hospital. There's a reason why they call him The Professor.
Sign Fedotov when the time comes, so 3 years.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Watching Volokhin.

Nice save early on a deflection, really nice blocker save at the top of his paint.

Just got beat on the PP, cross-seam pass and nice release under the glove and over the pad. Perfect finish.
You have a feed of Mamonty Ugry? lol

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Couple nice lateral movement saves and then attacked the puck with his blocker on a band hand slot chance.

Finishes the period with good aggressive positioning at the top of his crease on a change of possession and shot, smothering it and no rebound.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Couple nice lateral movement saves and then attacked the puck with his blocker on a band hand slot chance.

Finishes the period with good aggressive positioning at the top of his crease on a change of possession and shot, smothering it and no rebound.
Gotta work on his glove :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad