2022-2023 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
In an exhibition game today Vincenz Rohrer and Zurich won 5-1. Playing RW, he didn't have any points but skated on the 1st line with Denis Malgin and Rudolfs Balcers... Yannick Webber was on the 2nd pairing D...

Did he play well overall?

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
I didn't see the game, just glad that he's getting the opportunity early in the year to play with decent linemates who have played in the NHL. His deployment is going to be a major factor in determining whether the move to the Swiss NL was the right one regarding his development.

Reactions: Sagikev

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Gordin with an empty net goal in a 3-0 win in a preseason game.

He's now playing for Ryazan in the VHL, which is the affiliate of HC Sibir.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Good game, outside of one really bad turnover at the end. He's being used a ton in every situations, which is exactly what he needs.

Thought he looked a lot more comfortable walking the line.. always activating and moving as soon as he makes a play.

Got beat on that 2 on 1, wrong read there but that's fine.. he was aggressive and I know why he did it. It usually works for him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good game, outside of one really bad turnover at the end. He's being used a ton in every situations, which is exactly what he needs.

It's hard to get a read on preseason games, He clearly has work to do so I'm glad it won't be in the NHL or so I hope as another year in the NL should be good for him.

He doesn't play the PK or rarely in any of the games i've seen in the NL, and he's on the 2nd PP or at least he was again in this game.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Thought he looked a lot more comfortable walking the line.. always activating and moving as soon as he makes a play.

Got beat on that 2 on 1, wrong read there but that's fine.. he was aggressive and I know why he did it. It usually works for him.
Yeah it seemed like he looked a bit more comfortable with the puck on his stick I thought.

Hoping to see some more drastic improvements as the season goes along.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Some preseason games on the schedule today:

- Konyushkov @ 10AM ET
- Nurmi @ 11:3AM ET
- Kapanen @ 11:30AM ET
- Engstrom @ 2PM ET

KalPa and HPK already provided their line-ups: Kapanen is 2C and Nurm is 2LD. As for Konyushkov and Engstrom, I imagine they will be in the line-up, but with it being preseason, there is a chance they might not be and the coaches use other players to evaluate.

Reactions: Sagikev

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Some preseason games on the schedule today:

- Konyushkov @ 10AM ET
- Nurmi @ 11:3AM ET
- Kapanen @ 11:30AM ET
- Engstrom @ 2PM ET

KalPa and HPK already provided their line-ups: Kapanen is 2C and Nurm is 2LD. As for Konyushkov and Engstrom, I imagine they will be in the line-up, but with it being preseason, there is a chance they might not be and the coaches use other players to evaluate.
Nurmi's turned into a scoring machine! 3 assists today in a 7 - 4 win :D

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
He's definitely a guy who has the potential to produce more. His skating alone is such a weapon, he's smooth as butter when he's carrying the puck up the ice. He just doesn't do it a lot, for whatever reason.
If he can produce even a fraction of that kind of offense, Hameenlinna may want to consider bumping him down to the 2nd pairing more often

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad