2022-2023 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Quality of play is so bad, even for preseason. So slow, so much time and space with the big ice... Add to that how passive the team defense is....

Not a great preparation for the NHL. Kid needs to play in the AHL like recent European top 10 Ds (Jiricek, Nemec).

Hopefully Hughes and co. see the light and convince him to stay in Laval after camp.

Reactions: Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Quality of play is so bad, even for preseason. So slow, so much time and space with the big ice... Add to that how passive the team defense is....

Not a great preparation for the NHL. Kid needs to play in the AHL like recent European top 10 Ds (Jiricek, Nemec).

Hopefully Hughes and co. see the light and convince him to stay in Laval after camp.
Much like the Swiss national teams, they play a no risk game. Meaning disciplined and systematic... it makes for an unenjoyable brand of hockey.

I'm not a fan of the big ice, it kills intensity from my point of view. As for DR, I would prefer the AHL route, only maybe for my personnal gain. My guess is DR really wants to stay in Switzerland because it's like the first thing he mentionned in his post draft interview.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Speaking of Miller, while it was the rookie camp this past week, now the Remparts' main camp has started. Quebec is playing a preseason game tonight @ 7PM ET against Rimouski. Maybe Miller will get the start (or share the net with someone else).

Volokhin with a shutout this morning as Mamonty won 3-0 in their preseason game.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
This pick intrigued me.

Sure, he only played in 1 game where the Remparts didn't give a f*** as they already clinched going to the finals, but I thought he looked solid. Good size and could have been one of those goalies that was hidden.

Well worth the gamble imo.

He’s still a mistery to scouts. He was a 10th round pick in his second year of eligibility at the Q Draft after the cancelled 2020-2021 season.

He didn’t play much last season but when he did he was solid. Many can credit the Remparts’ powerhouse but he was still good when they weren’t. I remember a game in November they played like shit in Rimouski and he still got the 38 saves shutout. He was also solid during Rousseau’s injury and went 5-0 during that time.

Now he’ll have the net 8 games out of 10 so let’s see how he does behind a rebuilding team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kapanen at 2C for KalPa in their preseason game. They're up 2-1 early in the 3rd. No points for Kapanen so far.

But here is doing his best Sgt. Slaughter impression:

1692895429933.png
1692895475889.png

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kapanen at 2C for KalPa in their preseason game. They're up 2-1 early in the 3rd. No points for Kapanen so far.

But here is doing his best Sgt. Slaughter impression:

View attachment 738464View attachment 738465
I wonder if they taught him the Finnish version of the Cobra clutch when he did his mandatory service , that could be petty lethal in a scrum with another player !

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
There are a few preseason games today.

- Kostenko is playing now with Khimik. He has an assist so far as they're up 5-3 in the 3rd period.

- Nurmi @ 11:30AM ET (he's listed @ 1LD)
- Engstrom @ noon ET. They're playing against Vaxjo, but Eriksson is with Team Sweden.
- Reinbacher @ 1:30PM ET. I imagine he's still there and hasn't come to Montreal yet.

- Quebec Remparts are playing against Drummondville @ 7:30PM ET. So far, since the regular camp has started, Miller hasn't dressed yet for a preseason game. So it will remain to be seen if he will tonight.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I wonder if they taught him the Finnish version of the Cobra clutch when he did his mandatory service , that could be petty lethal in a scrum with another player !
Camel Clutch. It was an Iron Sheik move. Unless Slaughter had a Cobra Clutch that I forgot about?

Camel Clutch. It was an Iron Sheik move. Unless Slaughter had a Cobra Clutch that I forgot about

There are a few preseason games today.

- Kostenko is playing now with Khimik. He has an assist so far as they're up 5-3 in the 3rd period.

- Nurmi @ 11:30AM ET (he's listed @ 1LD)
- Engstrom @ noon ET. They're playing against Vaxjo, but Eriksson is with Team Sweden.
- Reinbacher @ 1:30PM ET. I imagine he's still there and hasn't come to Montreal yet.

- Quebec Remparts are playing against Drummondville @ 7:30PM ET. So far, since the regular camp has started, Miller hasn't dressed yet for a preseason game. So it will remain to be seen if he will tonight.
Reinbacher is coming to camp even though his team is already in exhibition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad