Prospect Info: 2022 - 1st OA] Juraj Slafkovsky (LW) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
He's a star underneath a microscope in a city that is known for its strip clubs. Do you want Slaf to party and go to strip clubs after every game even if its a loss?

There might be some things to copy from the panthers but that is not one of them.
When I was younger I saw several Hab players in all kinds of clubs. One time I saw a drunk guy just jeering, insulting, baiting a Hab player. It was incessant verbal abuse. The player just ignored the guy. If it would have been Corson or Kordic, there would have been a fight, it would have been in the papers, and today on YouTube.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Even more odd when it was said like yesterday that Slaf and Xhekaj where looking for a place together.

As for the billet family, Matheson offered to do it, but since they aren't mentioning who it is, that sound like they are nobodies (i.e. not a player's family).

Didn't know that.

Ouch! Bet you Slaf's not liking seeing them go off and get a place while he lives with strangers.

Edit: But I get why they did it.

Plot twist: Harris & Xhekaj get a place together and they are Slaf's billet family.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
If it would have been Corson or Kordic, there would have been a fight, it would have been in the papers

Not true. There was an event downtown one night where a drunk player - let's call him Mayne Jorson - did something stupid and ended up on his ass. Another player, let's refer to him as Ryke Beane, handed me $500 and told me not to tell the French media that I just dropped Jorson.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Gallagher is the last player to come up from the AHL

Kotkaniemi is the last one for the NHL
Gallagher played the first half of the 2012-13 lockout season in Hamilton, then made the Habs nce camp took place. Among our regularly dressed players, Jake Evans is a more recent and longer-term AHL farm team graduate. I would not count Caufield as one. We could also count Poehling as starting in the AHL, besides the one game in April 2019.

Romanov was a more recent rookie who bypassed the AHL, going from fringe KHL player to NHL starter at age 20.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal

Billet family in the NHL? How common is this?

Is she available? :sarcasm:

DlXWniAX4AEW43N.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Kennerback

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
He's a star underneath a microscope in a city that is known for its strip clubs. Do you want Slaf to party and go to strip clubs after every game even if its a loss?

There might be some things to copy from the panthers but that is not one of them.

Are strip clubs a thing for people other than 50 years old and American tourists? Downtown Montreal is dying fast and is pretty tacky honeslty

A billet family is good though just if they can cook him good meals and take care of all the living arrangements so Slaf can focus on hockey

Reactions: Xirik

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Billet family in the NHL? How common is this?

Slaf should have have gotten a condo in one of the Molson towers adjacent to the BC. But yeah, billet families are common in junior leagues, not the NHL. Bet you Slaf is going to get razzed by opposition players over it.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Slaf should have have gotten a condo in one of the Molson towers adjacent to the BC. But yeah, billet families are common in junior leagues, not the NHL. Bet you Slaf is going to get razzed by opposition players over it.
I wonder if they leveraged him staying in Montreal in exchange of living with a billet family. Couldn’t have been Slaf’s first choice.

Reactions: Runner77

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Joe came from a different context than Slaf. My argument against Slaf was exactly this: we cannot expect to know how he will produce. He could be Armia or Pasternak.
He is definitely a project. But to be fair everyone was this year. I'm not sold on Shane Wright every time i saw him play he looked uninterested. I'm not sold on the Slovak and Czech dmen either. Nobody this year i felt was a sure shot. Out of all the projects i think Slaf is the one that i liked the most because if he develops he'll be a beauty. I think it's different than the year we drafted JK. Tkachuk was not a project at all. he was pretty much ready to play in the NHL and his floor looked like a 25/50 guy but more likely to reach 30/60. He was wysiwyg.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Strip clubs lol

Sounds so much like a thing of the past.

I hope the new generation realizes strip clubs are a place where souls go to die.

You won't meet your wife there, and if you do, odds are you're not gonna have a long and happy marriage, and especially not a cordial divorce.

I get the appeal of strip clubs in the early-1990s, but in 2022? Meh.

Hockey stars who are into this kind of vibe should try to bang some influencers or something. That's the 2022 way.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gallagher played the first half of the 2012-13 lockout season in Hamilton, then made the Habs nce camp took place. Among our regularly dressed players, Jake Evans is a more recent and longer-term AHL farm team graduate. I would not count Caufield as one. We could also count Poehling as starting in the AHL, besides the one game in April 2019.

Romanov was a more recent rookie who bypassed the AHL, going from fringe KHL player to NHL starter at age 20.
Romanov was developed in the KHL.

Evans played 3 years of college.

Im referring to 18-19 years old.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Gallagher was 20 when he was in the AHL. If you're talking 18-19 year olds, its Andrei Kostitsyn.

And why would you refer to 18-19 year olds? Teenagers almost never play in the AHL.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
My summary of this thread is that Shane Shite is way better and Slafkovsky is absolutely riddled with red flags.

Can someone remind me what those are please?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Gallagher was not 18-19 so that confused me.

Also, just for info, I think Evans played 4 years of college.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Also, just for info, I think Evans played 4 years of college.
I always think hes a 2011 draftee. Anyhow... the point was that 18 years old have very little success in the NHL and AHL.

The best 18 YO season by a Habs is by KK, ever.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I always think hes a 2011 draftee. Anyhow... the point was that 18 years old have very little success in the NHL and AHL.

The best 18 YO season by a Habs is by KK, ever.
If KK hadn’t started at 18, he would have missed his best season ever and the peak of his career. It was downhill after that.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad