Prospect Info: 2022 - 1st OA] Juraj Slafkovsky (LW) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
He's got a good opportunity tonight.

He'll be impressive with the puck because he has been every game, but what I want to see is more fire/engagement on the forecheck/backcheck.

He needs to play even just slightly more physical. Doesn't have to be a bruiser but he's not getting full value out of that frame if he's not finishing checks and bumping guys off balance. He's great at intercepting passes, so you don't want him to lose that, but he can do more physicality wise.

If he can pot a couple points all the better for no other reason than his confidence and the negativity in these threads.

Reactions: joescores

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let the hyperbolic takes, begin!

:m-dance:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Im gonna mute this again too many doom/gloom hot-takes.

Leave Juraj alone!

7288AB35-65D3-4396-8453-D3C1237B4FCC.jpeg

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
Can they give him actual line mates ? Why Mike Hoffman ?? Is he supposed to deal with and learn from Hoffman's fake ass hustle ???

Reactions: 1909

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He's got a good opportunity tonight.

He'll be impressive with the puck because he has been every game, but what I want to see is more fire/engagement on the forecheck/backcheck.

He needs to play even just slightly more physical. Doesn't have to be a bruiser but he's not getting full value out of that frame if he's not finishing checks and bumping guys off balance. He's great at intercepting passes, so you don't want him to lose that, but he can do more physicality wise.

If he can pot a couple points all the better for no other reason than his confidence and the negativity in these threads.

He has not impressed at all as of right now as he is consistently turning the puck over and looking to immediately defer too often. He has looked nervous and lost on the ice, hopefully that changes soon as young players as talented as Juraj can can often progress in leaps and bounds once they develop some forward momentum.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
“It’s not who I wanted them to draft, but I’ll support him anyway.”

“He’s too heavy at 238.”

“Even Hughes said that he was underwhelming in preseason games.”

Obligatory references to Armia, McCarron and other large carcasses that didn’t pan out.

“But … but … what about his Liiga stats!”

“He’s not ready, he should start the season in the AHL.”

“I have privileged info about him but you guys will have to sign a NDA.”

“Bustslafsky, Bustybustslaf, Failslafsky, BustskyMcSlafbust.” Followed by a ton of other bad monikers.

“The guy is a passer, not a shooter. They should pair him up with (insert random name here).”

Am I doing this right? :sarcasm:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You have to be blind to not see the upside in this kid, which one is crazy huge... Is he 100% NHL ready? Of course not, he played weird trap boring hockey last year in Liiga and he still is only 18 yrs old, give him a bit of time to adjust and watch that quiet force raise as a dominant top line PF with mad skills.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
You have to be blind to not see the upside in this kid, which one is crazy huge... Is he 100% NHL ready? Of course not, he played weird trap boring hockey last year in Liiga and he still is only 18 yrs old, give him a bit of time to adjust and watch that quiet force raise as a dominant top line PF with mad skills.

LET'S F_________ GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad