WC: 2021 Switzerland roster talk

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I guess these are the 20 players for tomorrow. Means 4 full lines instead of 7+13.

So let's guess lines

Meier - Hischier - Andrighetto
Hofmann - Corvi - Simion
Ambühl - Kurashwev - Praplan
Scherwey - Bertschy - Herzog

Diaz - Moser/Geisser
Alatalo - Müller
Untersander - Siegenthaler
Loeffel - Moser/Geisser

Genoni to start, Berra then vs. Belarus.

Josi is down 0-2.

The first forward line looks great.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Add Nino, Fiala and Suter and you have a heck of a forward-group. And only two of them are >30

I really hope we'll see best-on-best in Pejing next year. I really would love to see what a fully stacked Swiss team can do.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Add Nino, Fiala and Suter and you have a heck of a forward-group. And only two of them are >30

I really hope we'll see best-on-best in Pejing next year. I really would love to see what a fully stacked Swiss team can do.

I sort of doubt it unfortunately. The NHL lost a lot of money this year and i dont think they want a reduced schedule again next year, even if this means neglecting the Chinese market. I hope I am wrong though...

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, I doubt it, too. Especially because I think the pandemic will still be a topic next winter, altough I really hope a much smaller one.

Noah Rod seems to battle a small injury, that's why he won't play tomorrow and hasn't been registered yet.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
So it's

Genoni

Moser - Untersander
Geisser - Diaz
Siegenthaler - Loeffel
Alatalo - Müller

Andrighetto - Hischier - Meier
Hofmann - Corvi - Simion
Herzog - Kurashev - Ambühl
Scherwey - Bertschy - Praplan

I'm a bit surprised by Praplan, especially with Vermin available.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
It's probably the position of Rod who is injured. But yeah, I'd rather have Vermin there.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Moser was a little bit shaky from time to time, other than that there was really not a weak spot on the team. Praplan had a really good game, he works really hard and has the skills to play a pass to Schwerwey.

It looks like they don't collect ice-times this year. Would be interesting to see the D-icetime. I guess Diaz played the most, but I don't think he was overplayed.

We'll probably see Berra tomorrow, but beside that I see no reason for a change.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Fourth line was great in general. Baertschi played some of the best hockey I have ever seen from him and justifies taking the spot over Vermin. Other than some bad breakout attempts on the PP I didnt see much to criticize either. Next up will be Denmark who are on a high after beating Sweden. We should beat them.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Yeah, very solid game overall. The lines work well and the team has gelled well already.

I would say that some defensemen looked a bit clumsy on a few occasions, most notably Moser and Siegenthaler, and Diaz and Alatalo were a bit slow at time. This could lead to tricky situations against Russia, but playing like this all games are certainly possible to win.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I watched Latvia game since Swiss was blocked for my region, who played on PP units ?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
We'll see I guess. Heldner shoots right, probably means Loeffel, Untersander or Diaz cannot play.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
So how many spots remain open then? Josi or/and Fiala could still come depending on how the playoffs will unfold.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Carolina is completely useless, can't score a goal in 70 minutes of overtime....

Terrible officiating too, they missed like 10 interference calls in OT. I'm so pissed, a shot at a medal ruined by these useless playoffs.

Reactions: pukovnik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad