WJC: 2021 Sweden Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
leonardo-dicaprio.gif

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
That's just silly. He's probably not contagious right now and the tournament is weeks away.....

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He’s probably HUGELY contagious, but yeah, the tournament is still a ways away. I can’t believe there’s not some way to make this work. If not, that’s a real gut punch.

Hugely? No, The infectious period peaks around symptom onset and falls rapidly from there. Symptoms started about a week ago in this case.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Weird, imagine testing negative, then positive, then negative.

Yeah. Multiple tests, one of them positive it says. Not sure if it's literally one positive and several negative.. Also hopes to be back with Djurgården tuesday or thursday, but can't go to the WJCs. So bummed out right now

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah. Multiple tests, one of them positive it says. Not sure if it's literally one positive and several negative.. Also hopes to be back with Djurgården tuesday or thursday, but can't go to the WJCs. So bummed out right now
Yup, a lot of my excitement died down with these news, too.

Kvist gets into the camp instead.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean he says he is healthy and the tourment is 3 weeks away. Does this mean all players who lives in Canada gets an advantage since they dont need to cross the border.

What bullshit
You can't cross our border while having Covid. I am sure this isn't a surprise to any of the countries involved. The Canadian players have been sitting in hotel rooms by themselves for the last 2 weeks because 2 players tested positive. Covid sucks, it messes with things. It is what it is lol.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
You can't cross our border while having Covid. I am sure this isn't a surprise to any of the countries involved. The Canadian players have been sitting in hotel rooms by themselves for the last 2 weeks because 2 players tested positive. Covid sucks, it messes with things. It is what it is lol.
Thats the point. If eklund was canadian he would be in quarentine now and wouldnt miss the tournament.

Canada gets a free advantage here.

Reactions: KristichBabych

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Thats the point. If eklund was canadian he would be in quarentine now and wouldnt miss the tournament.

Take it up with the federal government I guess? Personally I will just be happy to actually watch hockey. Crossing international borders comes with strings attached right now. Again it is what it is.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Johansson got to play right defense. Order restored. A few players will advance in the pecking order. First three lines rather solid. And the fourth shouldn't be too shabby either. Canadian border police is rumoured to be able to SMELL covid now. Like their dogs keep up the good work at airports. With the coke, Molly and the Harry. Who replaces Elmer if he's out?

Raymond - Henriksson - Holmström
Heineman - Grewe - Holtz
Olausson - Niederbach - Gunler
Nybeck - Sundsvik - Söderblom

Broberg - Söderström
Björnfot - Johansson
Andrae - Grans

Alnefelt
Wallstedt

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Johansson got to play right defense. Order restored. A few players will advance in the pecking order. First three lines balanced in this edition:

Holtz - Henriksson - Holmström
Heineman - Niederbach - Raymond
Olausson - Grewe - Gunler
Nybeck - Sundsvik - Söderblom
Eklund

Broberg - Söderstrom
Björnfot - Johansson
Andrae - Grans
Wallinder

Alnefelt
Wallstedt

You didn't hear? Eklund is done

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

If ANYONE from this point forward tests positive they won’t be participating in the tournament, Canadians included. Eklund wont be the last guy that has to sit out due to testing and protocols. Be glad a positive test hasn’t knocked the whole team out.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
You didn't hear? Eklund is done

This should be decided at the highest level. Threats of withdrawing every swedish NHL and AHL player or not signing defense agreements. Trump style. Was the test REALLY not the day before?

Besides, if Lafreniere and Hughes is out they have no excuse for losing to u now. And no one is going to be able to score on Askarov either.

"Eklund, the Covid kid fell off the WJC grid".

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Let’s be honest... if this tournament had been held in any other country, it would simply have been scratched this year.
I agree just partially. My understanding is that only two countries would be able to host this event this year - Canada and Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad