Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Cyst on my girls ovaries. :(

This place sucks. They forgot about my girl, I had to be a male karen. They forgot one their other patience were out back and there is an older woman here crying and no one has come to offer any meds.
I’m sorry about your lady’s cysts. Hopefully surgery to remove the cyst and not the ovary, or some other treatment can help.

For a second I read “kraken” and not “karen.”

It’s not being a ‘Karen’ if you’re legitimately protecting a loved one’s interests. If a hospital emergency room “forgot” about my wife, I’d go full-on kraken on them.

upload_2021-5-19_8-15-26.jpeg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'd like to meet the people who originally started this idiotic "Gender Reveal" party trend.

I have a few things I'd like to say to them......

Typical of this inpatient generation that's for sure. Like it's one of the greatest things you can every go through....nine months of wondering and waiting and dreaming....one of life's truly great gifts to us, and people can't wait cuz they need to chose baby blue or baby pink paint to get the room done five months before.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Cyst on my girls ovaries. :(

This place sucks. They forgot about my girl, I had to be a male karen. They forgot one their other patience were out back and there is an older woman here crying and no one has come to offer any meds.

Ah man that stink, I have heard that's excrutiating.

The "karen" thing has always entertained me. I mean are people not allowed to complain when someone does a crappy job, or gets terrible food or gets terrible service?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
If you can, you need to go to a different hospital and also file a report on the hospital because you don't just forget about a patient.

Ask for patient advocate. They can help you navigate the process.

They forgot about the lady next to us husband. They came out and said Hubert and she said hes already back there. Either seemed like they forgot about her test results or they were just swamped either way it took a long time. I'll ask if she wants to file something well see.

I’m sorry about your lady’s cysts. Hopefully surgery to remove the cyst and not the ovary, or some other treatment can help.

For a second I read “kraken” and not “karen.”

It’s not being a ‘Karen’ if you’re legitimately protecting a loved one’s interests. If a hospital emergency room “forgot” about my wife, I’d go full-on kraken on them.

View attachment 435761

Told her just get the surgery. The one she said she may need that may make it so she cant have anymore kids. Know she wants another and I want with her but would rather her not be in pain.

Healing Blessings to your lady....

Thank You

The "karen" thing has always entertained me. I mean are people not allowed to complain when someone does a crappy job, or gets terrible food or gets terrible service?

Really bad cramping and other stuff. But the meds shes on are helping a bit.

I'm not good at being a "Karen" I have a temper. I let my girl do all the Karen stuff haha

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Info Alert:

219 new cases/9 deaths cumulative (816) for 5/20/21;

Maine Health ends lease for Scarborough Downs vaccination clinic effectively ending that site's history after 7 decades between harness racing and health clinic

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

I think the Karen meme is not about complaints. It's about unreasonable complaints coming from self-entitlement and an excess of pride.
Anyone who has work in customer service of any type knows that a lot people with complaints have a good reason for them. But then you get the doozies that just make your day difficult.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Typical of this inpatient generation that's for sure. Like it's one of the greatest things you can every go through....nine months of wondering and waiting and dreaming....one of life's truly great gifts to us, and people can't wait cuz they need to chose baby blue or baby pink paint to get the room done five months before.
The wife and I didn't find out for either child so far (and we don't plan to for any subsequent nooblets), because we reasoned it's one of the few times in life you're guaranteed to get a "happy surprise" no matter what the outcome, so why not enjoy it? Also, keeping finding out to the end, at least according to my wife, gave her "something to push for". (Which of course, would eventually be entirely taken over by the motivation to "make it be over!"). In both cases, I had to "make the announcement" in the thick of things, which is harder than you might think...:laugh:

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Let's see:
- New boss in January
- Questioning role/responsibilities
- Making uninformed decisions without looping in the person who manages the team
- Has meetings with people who report to me (without my knowledge) and asks them to be open/honest. Doesn't get answers he was hoping for though, finds out everyone is happy and productive. Keeps sluffing off any opportunity to provide me feedback.
- Now schedules a call at 8am tomorrow with title "Brief Meeting". Pretty obvious where this is going, lol.

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Posted on the ticket thread, but the TL;DR is that it looks legit (but no personal guarantees). This verified tweet references the same site:

One minor qualm I have is that the Boston Bruins Foundation gives donations to, for instance, the Bourque Family Foundation, which runs, for instance, a 7.7K race, which benefits...well, they don't say directly on the site. After some hunting, I found that last year's race benefited the Massachusetts Nurses Association.

It just feels like there's a lot of middlemen, and it's nothing against either the BBF or BFF specifically.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Posted on the ticket thread, but the TL;DR is that it looks legit (but no personal guarantees). This verified tweet references the same site:

One minor qualm I have is that the Boston Bruins Foundation gives donations to, for instance, the Bourque Family Foundation, which runs, for instance, a 7.7K race, which benefits...well, they don't say directly on the site. After some hunting, I found that last year's race benefited the Massachusetts Nurses Association.

It just feels like there's a lot of middlemen, and it's nothing against either the BBF or BFF specifically.

Thanks, I came to the same conclusion.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

That's my issue with giving money to charities. Everyone and their mother has opened a 501c3, and very few of them are actual direct service charities. They take their administrative cut (tax free of course), then funnel the money to other charities, which all have their administrative costs. So the $100 you donate to this or that family foundation will end up as like $30 going to the nurses or whoever it's supposed to help. I'm not impugning anyone as if to imply it's all a tax avoidance scam, but even with the best of intentions it's a system bogged down by a lot of bloat. So when someone asks at the check out if I want to give a dollar to some charity, I always decline because I don't know where that's going in the end.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Huge fire in Revere. The smoke smells so bad. Its so windy that it traveled over here. We had to close our windows and put the central air on. And it is SO smokey on our street. We are by the New Bridge Cafe area. Between Revere, Everett, and Chelsea.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Let's see:
- New boss in January
- Questioning role/responsibilities
- Making uninformed decisions without looping in the person who manages the team
- Has meetings with people who report to me (without my knowledge) and asks them to be open/honest. Doesn't get answers he was hoping for though, finds out everyone is happy and productive. Keeps sluffing off any opportunity to provide me feedback.
- Now schedules a call at 8am tomorrow with title "Brief Meeting". Pretty obvious where this is going, lol.

That's some bullshit right there. Nothing worse than a new boss that comes in wanting to reinvent the wheel, and fix what isn't broken.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The wife and I didn't find out for either child so far (and we don't plan to for any subsequent nooblets), because we reasoned it's one of the few times in life you're guaranteed to get a "happy surprise" no matter what the outcome, so why not enjoy it? Also, keeping finding out to the end, at least according to my wife, gave her "something to push for". (Which of course, would eventually be entirely taken over by the motivation to "make it be over!"). In both cases, I had to "make the announcement" in the thick of things, which is harder than you might think...:laugh:

There were no girls in my family other than my mom, and my first was a girl. I will never forget the feeling, from second one til now we are best friends. The second and final one, I really thought was going to be another girl, wife was the same as the first time....was told "it's a boy"...the pride I felt was unreal...The two greatest moments of my life, unplanned and unscripted, daughter was ten days late, son two days early....just amazing, and I would plead with people to wait, you will not be disappointed.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
That's some bullshit right there. Nothing worse than a new boss that comes in wanting to reinvent the wheel, and fix what isn't broken.
This guy has made a career of pointing out that the tire is flat but hasn't a clue how to fix it. He is connected to a SVP who likes the fact that he stirs things up, a change agent the roots out complacency.

Life in the corporate carousel. Seen this play out a thousand times.
My day tomorrow:
- Meeting will start at 8:00
- Told I'm redundant and position is being eliminated by 8:00:32
- Pass me over to Nicole from HR at 8:00:47 without opportunity to reply
- Explain my exit options at 8:01:12 and that offer will be revoked in 2 business days if I don't accept
- Take me through process on returning company assets at 8:09:28.

Only mystery will be how they handle the $$$'s and length of buyout. It'll be odd to have this done on Teams but think I might dress in all black and have some of our competitor's product in the background for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad