OT - NO POLITICS 2021 - Spring Fever Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My mom fell this afternoon and broke her arm/wrist and hit her head. :cry: They are at the hospital now getting a CT scan. She's 83.

Plus her mental state has gotten worse lately. She doesn't recognize their house and often asks my stepdad when they are going home. And she thinks his kids live with them, every morning she asks where everyone is.

My brother is currently in Virginia, his mother-in-law passed away on Tuesday, funeral is not until Monday next week.

What an awful week.

:cry::cry::cry:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
My mom fell this afternoon and broke her arm/wrist and hit her head. :cry: They are at the hospital now getting a CT scan. She's 83.

Plus her mental state has gotten worse lately. She doesn't recognize their house and often asks my stepdad when they are going home. And she thinks his kids live with them, every morning she asks where everyone is.

My brother is currently in Virginia, his mother-in-law passed away on Tuesday, funeral is not until Monday next week.

What an awful week.

I’m so sorry Bruinaura. That all sucks, and I can empathize.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

What an awful week.

Sending you hugs and a lot of cookies.

I hope your mom's CT scan comes back clean.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
gen-x-memes-8-1574183984710.jpg

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

What an awful week.

T9UKyg.gif

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

What an awful week.

Geez, that’s terrible. Sorry to hear.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

What an awful week.

Hope she gets better

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

What an awful week.

so sorry , my father had Alzheimer's/dementia , was difficult to visit him not having any idea who me or my wife were. So tough right now with all these restrictions for family who want to be with others

Reactions: Bruinaura

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Graduated this evening with my master's degree in public health! Crazy time to be doing it (focus in maternal and child health, not infectious diseases lol) and it was so strange to graduate online (via slideshow) without my family, but finishing is a bright spot in what's been a pretty hard past year and half.
Excellent ! Congrats !

Reactions: toria13

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

What an awful week.

Sending a hug. I hope your Mom will be as OK as possible.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
so sorry , my father had Alzheimer's/dementia , was difficult to visit him not having any idea who me or my wife were. So tough right now with all these restrictions for family who want to be with others
My Dad also had Alzheimer's ...terrible disease

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thankfully she still remembers me and my brother. At least when we talk on the phone, anyway. My grandmother had alzheimer's but she always recognized my mom. But she didn't remember my uncle.

Alzheimer's/dementia sucks. Really, really bad.

Reactions: sooshii and ODAAT

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Theres like bootleg carmen sandiego and oregon trailer on the apple store
I never got into those games.
i remember when i first had a pc I played games like earl weaver baseball , Faceoff!, police quest and leisure suit larry. the good old days. had to be like 10 years old.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

What an awful week.

Healing Blessings for your Mom....and comforting Blessings to you and all your family....

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Since there was some discussion of horses earlier today....

I've always loved the Clydesdales. They are beautiful.

I'll never understand how one guy can work all those reins and get them to move so precisely. And without falling off the wagon lol

Feel bad for the guys in the 4-wheeler behind the wagon, that I assume are assigned to poop cleanup duty. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad