OT - NO POLITICS 2021 - Spring Fever Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
@Ladyfan mentioned her first terrible car.

Mine was an 03 Hyundai Accent. It wasn't great...and it got crushed by a fallen tree right before I got my license. Flat as a pancake.

Worst car I ever drove though was a rental in Croatia. A Citroen Cactus. The thing was terrible...and terrifying driving through the mountains.

I've had good luck with rentals too...Hertz had a Camaro Convertible sitting in their Gold area once when I was in Vegas... It was perfect for exploring Valley of Fire State Park, especially at $25/day.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
@Ladyfan mentioned her first terrible car.

Mine was an 03 Hyundai Accent. It wasn't great...and it got crushed by a fallen tree right before I got my license. Flat as a pancake.

Worst car I ever drove though was a rental in Croatia. A Citroen Cactus. The thing was terrible...and terrifying driving through the mountains.

I've had good luck with rentals too...Hertz had a Camaro Convertible sitting in their Gold area once when I was in Vegas... It was perfect for exploring Valley of Fire State Park, especially at $25/day.
we rented some Mitsubishi during a visit to Ottawa for Christmas one winter, just a horrific car, had zero guts, took a half hour for the heat to kick in and was simply a bad car. Been pretty lucky in my purchases though, never had a true lemon, we are now on our 3rd Hyundai, the first was a pre-owned car, had it for two years, traded it in for another pre-owned then traded that one in for our current ride, haven`t had any issues with anything and have found the dealership to be remarkable with it`s service on the car too

For me, it`s all about maintaining the car, taking it in for it`s regular tune ups/top ups, oil change etc...I don`t know how to fix anything on a car so I have to do this, we are on year 7 with our current car, pay it off in full in August

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just got my first Pfizer shot.

Drinking a Boost Protein drink. I've heard that extra protein helps with fighting off any symptoms.

Know someone who did 10g protein chocolate shakes before and after her second shot.
She had NO symptoms after, was as fresh as a daisy. Could be a coincidence, but what the hey.....

Reactions: Alicat

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Just got my first Pfizer shot.

Drinking a Boost Protein drink. I've heard that extra protein helps with fighting off any symptoms.

Know someone who did 10g protein chocolate shakes before and after her second shot.
She had NO symptoms after, was as fresh as a daisy. Could be a coincidence, but what the hey.....

People are swearing by pedialyte too.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Got my 2nd Moderna on Friday. Hydrated before and after. Some digestion problems Friday night. Tired, little woozy, low grade headache Saturday. Took Tylenol. By the time I got on the plane for Florida on Sunday morning I was fine. I feel like I dodged one.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm reclusive by nature and a bit of a loner; so I'm not used to my phone getting bombarded with texts, especially from friends and family back East.

Turns out someone's 'pet' tiger got out and was roaming around Houston. I laughed at first, especially since this town is huge, so it's not likely anywhere near me.

Later I heard helicopters, and sure enough this happened about 3 minutes from me. They caught the 'owner,' who was also facing murder charges. But the tiger has still not been found.

I'm on my bike every day, so I definitely am nervous.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Got my 2nd Moderna on Friday. Hydrated before and after. Some digestion problems Friday night. Tired, little woozy, low grade headache Saturday. Took Tylenol. By the time I got on the plane for Florida on Sunday morning I was fine. I feel like I dodged one.
I got my second Moderna about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday at about 6pm. I was completely fine for about 24 hours, no worries, but Sunday night about 10pm it started to hit me. Tired, Achy, some small rashes, so I packed it up for the night, went to bed and by morning I was fine.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I got my second Moderna about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday at about 6pm. I was completely fine for about 24 hours, no worries, but Sunday night about 10pm it started to hit me. Tired, Achy, some small rashes, so I packed it up for the night, went to bed and by morning I was fine.
I just got my second dose of pfizer at 5 yesterday aftenoon. Im expecting some type of side effects to hit tonite.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
upload_2021-5-12_15-19-1.jpeg

I guess the engagement excitement wore off too quickly (joking) and my now fiancé and I got a new cat today!

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Cant feel bad for people I know whining they cant find work. All this past year I been saying Costco is hiring. Our starting pay is also $16. Have seen openings in California, Florida and other states too.

aguineapig

Lines at the pump brought back memories of 1973. Pops garage opened at 6 : AM and cars were already lined up down the street. We had a 3 dollar limit, Pop said we could roll it back and do another 3 for the regulars. Almost got in a couple of dust ups when other folks saw us doing that. By 9:oo AM we'd shut the pumps down and wheel empty oil drums across the gas island with 'NO GAS" signs. Everybody had big gas guzzlers so the next day would be rinse and repeat for lots of us. And this went on for MONTHS, not just a few days.

r960_blur-459e14e784e41362a5c6ec90591bda27.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Lines at the pump brought back memories of 1973. Pops garage opened at 6 : AM and cars were already lined up down the street. We had a 3 dollar limit, Pop said we could roll it back and do another 3 for the regulars. Almost got in a couple of dust ups when other folks saw us doing that. By 9:oo AM we'd shut the pumps down and wheel empty oil drums across the gas island with 'NO GAS" signs. Everybody had big gas guzzlers so the next day would be rinse and repeat for lots of us. And this went on for MONTHS, not just a few days.

r960_blur-459e14e784e41362a5c6ec90591bda27.jpg

Yup. Major guzzlers in those days. We had a big old Ford station wagon. I'd be surprised if it got ten mpg :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad