OT - NO POLITICS 2021 - Spring Fever Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's out there. My Mom left this earth in 2008 and I still miss her every day.

I have only one daughter who lives in California. I haven't seen her since Christmas 2019 due to COVID. I will be seeing her in July.

My Dad took this photo when I was at his house . I had to work a Sat. so Amanda had stayed over night at my parents house. I fell asleep in Dad's chair with Amanda in my arms and never knew he took this photo until he had it blown up and showed me.

96865209_3030146240355083_4777961953555382272_n.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Happy mother's day!

A mom took her small child into the grocery store one day. The kid acted up the whole time but the mom was very patient. "It's okay, Lily." "We're almost to the checkout, Lily." "No, you can't do that, Lily."

She gets to the register, and the cashier says "may I just compliment you on how patient and kind you were when you were speaking to your daughter"

The mom looks at the cashier and says..... "I'm Lily."

:)

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Info Alert II:

Here's the status so far about the fall:

Northern Maine Fair (Presque Isle) shortening from 9 to 3 day fair for 2021; will not have racing or carnival;

Complete clearance:

Topsham/Windsor (which concludes Labor Day);

and Fryeburg just got clearance to resume ramp up for October 2021

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Ugh they did pest control at the office over the weekend and apparently all the ants have come to my office to escape. Creepy crawlies everywhere :mad::help:

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Finally got a dealer willing to give me a price without me physically sitting in front of them. Came in at msrp, wouldn't budge a penny. So far that's a few in person "generous" offers of msrp, one over the phone out the door quote at msrp unwilling to even flinch on doc fee, and a bunch more unwilling to say anything other than "come in for a test drive!" Plenty of callbacks and voicemails to me begging to "come in so we can earn your business."

Nope. Thanks for your time, you have my info and terms, call me when you're ready to sell...and I move on to the next!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Just turned in my final for my class.

Feeling pretty confident that I aced it.

Now I get a nice break until the fall semester starts in September. After that class, I will decide whether I want to continue and get the full certificate or take 1 more class that is applicable to my job.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just turned in my final for my class.

Feeling pretty confident that I aced it.

Now I get a nice break until the fall semester starts in September. After that class, I will decide whether I want to continue and get the full certificate or take 1 more class that is applicable to my job.
:clap:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My mom said it was on the news in Pensacola that there was a gas shortage from Florida up to New Jersey. :dunno: I was about due to fill up so I drove down to Kroger and sure enough, they were out of everything except premium. I bit the bullet and filled up since I didn't want to waste more gas driving around to see if anywhere else had regular.

I hope my car appreciates the good stuff. :rolleyes:

20210510_172848.jpg

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
My mom said it was on the news in Pensacola that there was a gas shortage from Florida up to New Jersey. :dunno: I was about due to fill up so I drove down to Kroger and sure enough, they were out of everything except premium. I bit the bullet and filled up since I didn't want to waste more gas driving around to see if anywhere else had regular.

I hope my car appreciates the good stuff. :rolleyes:

View attachment 432265

try gas finder app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad