OT - NO POLITICS 2021 - Spring Fever Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
could be an interesting shift today.

I work in a small room with other CHW schedulers, one woman simply ignores policy of wearing a mask. We also have an older woman who is nearing retirement who was sent to us as Duty to Accommodate who is lovely but is new like me and still learning. The anti masker treats her like dog`s breathe. I am the Scheduling Coordinator and it`s my responsibility to oversee the small crew I have so I spoke to the anti masker in private, instructed her to either wear a mask or a) produce documentation offering medical reasons why she doesn`t have to or b) go home

I also spoke to her about being respectful to our peer, she said she`s tired and frustrated working with someone so slow, this job has a ton of elements and because we are scheduling community health workers, it is a position that demands precision as there are workers who can`t physically work with some clients due to lack of experience or physical restrictions among other things.

Anyways, an hour later, I walk in off a break and there she is again, no mask, and telling our Duty to Accommodate that she`s been doing this over a month now and needs to be faster at her job which is ludicrous, speed isn`t the most important element, accuracy is.

Anyways, I documented our meeting, what I communicated etc...staff member didn`t listen, in fact defied all we spoke about, I then went to my supervisor as this was now out of my control. Fast forward a few hours, the staff member had a meeting with office manager and union rep and was reprimanded and written up, she grabbed her crap and stormed out of the office for the day.

Work first shift with her today:)
Good luck Andrew ! working with ignorant people is such a drag

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good luck Andrew ! working with ignorant people is such a drag
Thanks, yep, were a union so there are precise protocols that I needed to follow which I did before I am to hand it off to those up the ladder.

I`m not worried, I know the rest of the staff were very pleased I addressed this person as the last manager did nothing when she was acting like this

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Well I was a tea drinker before the Cricket.
It was not a good car.

after that (all decent cars):
Toyota Celica
another Toyota Celica
Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
used Mazda 626
another Mazda 626
and my Honda Accord that I have now.

All were stick shifts

When it comes to reliability it's hard to beat the Japanese.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Anecdotal: but to any of you that are teenagers, early 20s or have kids in that age group. Try to use a bit of extra caution/conditioning, or talk to them, as things open up and get active again. Seeing a lot of injuries out here. and that's not even taking into account the drinking/sex/partying aspect - just the physical activity.
Not me being an old stick in the mud... just a lot of kids are going from 0 to 100 after not being active and the pent up energy is boiling over and a lot of kids are getting themselves hurt. Seems much more than usual.
cc: Jake Debrusk

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
When it comes to reliability it's hard to beat the Japanese.
Back in 1971 small cars built in the USA were not so good. Japanese were far better quality. I do believe many improvements have been made.

I was young and needed my parent to cosign....Dad knew the owner of the Plymouth dealer. I did not have much choice.

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Thanks, yep, were a union so there are precise protocols that I needed to follow which I did before I am to hand it off to those up the ladder.

I`m not worried, I know the rest of the staff were very pleased I addressed this person as the last manager did nothing when she was acting like this
Sounds like you did everything by the book. Good luck!

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I need fresh seafood
EBB4A6CC-58D5-4461-8025-818BE15413FF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad