2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I don't know why he would be "smart" if he agreed
Stan better ask Seabrook to waive his NMC. I believe he will. Whether Seabrook agrees or not may change his legacy as a Blackhawk. If he was smart, he'd agree.
I don't know why it would be smart of him to agree. And I really don't know why the Kraken would take him if he were available.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
A lot of factors matter there. Depends on how his season plays out too to determine ehat is "smart" in his decision. I guess you mean by via having a positive lasting legacy, sure.

If he's playing to a reasonable rate of a 6th Dman, I mean. Making a move that keeps him here and the other bodies out probably isn't the "smart" thing for him. If he becomes a regular scratch despite thinking he can play, I guess its smart because it keeps his options open via good will or he could just be kept in a forever scratched hole.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Trade Murphy at the deadline and expose CdH

Problem with this is that if you trade Murphy for player then you have to expose him/them.

If you trade Murphy for pick, then you lose two roster players. If you are lucky your pick is a) nhl player and b) isn't taking many years to become one.

Reactions: Brightwing

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Problem with this is that if you trade Murphy for player then you have to expose him/them.

If you trade Murphy for pick, then you lose two roster players. If you are lucky your pick is a) nhl player and b) isn't taking many years to become one.

The other issue is that the market for d-men should be depressed as Vegas has a lot of choice in that regard and flipped a bunch of them. Few teams will want to go 8 skaters versus 7F-3D. And we had a few teams who incentivized Vegas not picking their D that got burned (Minnesota and Florida). I don't know. I almost think that if we can't protect Murphy, the best bet is to expose him and there's always a chance Seattle will pick a forward. They need balance. Maybe they'll look at a guy like Kampf and say he would be a good fourth line C and pick him or they'll take one of the youngsters like Hagel or Highmore.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
And why is that exactly?
I think the fans would respect him more of he waived it, allowing us to keep a much better player, and knowing they arent going to pick him anyway.

If he declines, I think he'll be disrespected by quite a few fans.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

We have a couple forward spots that we could use if we traded him for a forward that has to be exposed.

Keep 7
Toews
Kane
Debrincat
Strome

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The other issue is that the market for d-men should be depressed as Vegas has a lot of choice in that regard and flipped a bunch of them. Few teams will want to go 8 skaters versus 7F-3D. And we had a few teams who incentivized Vegas not picking their D that got burned (Minnesota and Florida). I don't know. I almost think that if we can't protect Murphy, the best bet is to expose him and there's always a chance Seattle will pick a forward. They need balance. Maybe they'll look at a guy like Kampf and say he would be a good fourth line C and pick him or they'll take one of the youngsters like Hagel or Highmore.

I mean if we lose Kampf, Hagel or Highmore it wouldn’t bother me to much. I do like all 3 players.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think the fans would respect him more of he waived it, allowing us to keep a much better player, and knowing they arent going to pick him anyway.

If he declines, I think he'll be disrespected by quite a few fans.

The guy has built a great career in Chicago and been a major contributor to 3 Cups and earned his NMC. If he wants to use it and not waive then by all means he should.

I hate his contract and would love if we could dump it, but anyone being mad at him for exercising the NMC he played his ass off to earn is an idiot.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The guy has built a great career in Chicago and been a major contributor to 3 Cups and earned his NMC. If he wants to use it and not waive then by all means he should.

I hate his contract and would love if we could dump it, but anyone being mad at him for exercising the NMC he played his ass off to earn is an idiot.
That's fine, it's your opinion, but guarantee he wouldnt be near as respected as he would if he did waive it, NMC or not.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That's fine, it's your opinion, but guarantee he wouldnt be near as respected as he would if he did waive it, NMC or not.

When it comes to staying where he and his family are comfortable I don’t think he gives a rats ass how much you do or do not respect him.

He bought a 3 million dollar home in the area just a few years ago. He ain’t going anywhere.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
When it comes to staying where he and his family are comfortable I don’t think he gives a rats ass how much you do or do not respect him.

He bought a 3 million dollar home in the area just a few years ago. He ain’t going anywhere.
Its not me that would disrespect him.
It wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.

Also, you are right, even if he waives, he isn't going anywhere, so that point is moot.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why is asking Seabrook to waive his NMC for the expansion draft a problem? There's literally like a .00005% chance Seattle selects him. Waiving it doesn't mean he's going anywhere, and it's ONLY for the expansion draft.

Not waiving his NMC if asked would be spiteful or delusional. There's no reason for him NOT to waive it for the expansion draft. It doesn't hurt him, and it helps the Hawks keep a good defender.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not a chance in hell Seabrook thinks he’s anywhere near as bad as we do. He’s a prideful guy, he’s going to think he has more to give the teams and chances are they think they can still compete. I don’t see him waiving.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Not a chance in hell Seabrook thinks he’s anywhere near as bad as we do. He’s a prideful guy, he’s going to think he has more to give the teams and chances are they think they can still compete. I don’t see him waiving.

Then you tell him you made a deal with Seattle not to select him. "Future considerations" or a 7th rounder or some bullshit. Feed his agent whatever f***ing nonsense he needs to sleep at night.

He's going to figure it out sooner or later, that he's f***ing done in this league. It seems impossible to me he hasn't already figured this out. The consensus around the league is pretty f***ing clear. Especially when you have reporters saying shit like "Seattle would never take Seabrook without significant sweeteners"

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Then you tell him you made a deal with Seattle not to select him. "Future considerations" or a 7th rounder or some bullshit. Feed his agent whatever f***ing nonsense he needs to sleep at night.

He's going to figure it out sooner or later, that he's f***ing done in this league. It seems impossible to me he hasn't already figured this out. The consensus around the league is pretty f***ing clear. Especially when you have reporters saying shit like "Seattle would never take Seabrook without significant sweeteners"
Again, if he came to this realization and knew it.

What's in it for him? Literally nothing. It makes the team a little better. Why would he say sure?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Fellas. 2 new hips and 2 new shoulders plus working out with kanes guy. Big year incoming.
The hawks will want to protect him.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Again, if he came to this realization and knew it.

What's in it for him? Literally nothing. It makes the team a little better. Why would he say sure?

You answered your own question. The bigger question is, why wouldn't he say sure? Spite, or delusion, as I said.

Fellas. 2 new hips and 2 new shoulders plus working out with kanes guy. Big year incoming.
The hawks will want to protect him.

:laugh:

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Its not me that would disrespect him.
It wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.

Also, you are right, even if he waives, he isn't going anywhere, so that point is moot.
How is anyone going to know if he waives or declines to waive?

There is no list of NMC players refusing to waive. Stan is not going to announce it. I doubt Seabrook will as well.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
How is anyone going to know if he waives or declines to waive?

There is no list of NMC players refusing to waive. Stan is not going to announce it. I doubt Seabrook will as well.
Huh, you announce who you are protecting. Its not some mystery. If he waived and Keith, Zadorov, and Murphy were protected. And no Seabrook means he agreed to waive it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

What is the incentive for him to accept that? He’s still going to get paid, he’s accomplished anything in his career he could ever dream of. If they threaten to bench him I bet he says fine go for it, I’m still getting paid all my money.

And even if he admits he’s done... why would he want to suck out in Seattle instead of his home town with his family? The only way he maybe waives is if they say we aren’t playing you period but X team will. What are the odds of that agreement happening somewhere?

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Huh, you announce who you are protecting. Its not some mystery. If he waived and Keith, Zadorov, and Murphy were protected. And no Seabrook means he agreed to waive it.
My point was that Bowman is not going to make an official announcement that Seabrook refused a request to waive his NMC. It was in response to a poster saying his refusal to do so would tarnish his image.

Huh?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What is the incentive for him to accept that? He’s still going to get paid, he’s accomplished anything in his career he could ever dream of. If they threaten to bench him I bet he says fine go for it, I’m still getting paid all my money.

And even if he admits he’s done... why would he want to suck out in Seattle instead of his home town with his family? The only way he maybe waives is if they say we aren’t playing you period but X team will. What are the odds of that agreement happening somewhere?

How about being the fantastic teammate that all of his teammates claim he is? I mean, that's a huge locker room guy thing to do. I waived my NMC so we could keep another defenseman around. There's absolutely no downside here. He either waives his NMC and stays in Chicago, along with one of his teammates. Or he doesn't waive his NMC and stays in Chicago, but he loses a teammate... I mean WTF are we even talking about?

You realize him waiving his NMC doesn't mean he's going to Seattle, right? All it does is expose him, and not another defenseman. Seattle is NOT going to select him if he is exposed. Period. These are two mutually exclusive things we are talking about. He doesn't end up in Seattle JUST because he waived his NMC.

My point was that Bowman is not going to make an official announcement that Seabrook refused a request to waive his NMC. It was in response to a poster saying his refusal to do so would tarnish his image.

Huh?

I don't see any way the Hawks don't ask him to waive his NMC for the expansion draft.... It's pretty simple math. If he is one of the protected defensemen, he didn't waive it. If he's exposed, he waived...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkaholic

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
How about being the fantastic teammate that all of his teammates claim he is? I mean, that's a huge locker room guy thing to do. I waived my NMC so we could keep another defenseman around. There's absolutely no downside here. He either waives his NMC and stays in Chicago, along with one of his teammates. Or he doesn't waive his NMC and stays in Chicago, but he loses a teammate... I mean WTF are we even talking about?

You realize him waiving his NMC doesn't mean he's going to Seattle, right? All it does is expose him, and not another defenseman. Seattle is NOT going to select him if he is exposed. Period. These are two mutually exclusive things we are talking about. He doesn't end up in Seattle JUST because he waived his NMC.

I don't see any way the Hawks don't ask him to waive his NMC for the expansion draft.... It's pretty simple math. If he is one of the protected defensemen, he didn't waive it. If he's expose, he waived...
Exactly

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

I don't see any way the Hawks don't ask him to waive his NMC for the expansion draft.... It's pretty simple math. If he is one of the protected defensemen, he didn't waive it. If he's expose, he waived...

This is what he said when being healthy scratched the first time.

"I feel like I still got a lot to offer in this league and still be a good player for somebody."

And now he’s had a few procedures done that I would imagine have him thinking he’s probably healthier than he’s been in years. For a prideful guy like him, I doubt he thinks he’s anywhere near as awful as the rest of us do.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00