7d2db80dc12132c0a0b124b855b86233.png

tenor.gif

896a9529f1a638df8ebad969511fe484.png

tenor.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Everyone has opinions they regret in hindsight. Lord knows I have some oof ones. But pretending one didn’t say them, then worse pretending YOU (not them) actually said them, then lecturing others when one is wrong just about every single time.....it requires a level of shamelessness I can’t fathom. LMAO?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Everyone has opinions they regret in hindsight. Lord knows I have some oof ones. But pretending one didn’t say them, then worse pretending YOU (not them) actually said them, then lecturing others when one is wrong just about every single time.....it requires a level of shamelessness I can’t fathom. LMAO?
God bless the search function

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm really trying to avoid hockey and admittedly doing a terrible job at it here, but Trocheck wasn't a huge name or a should-be dump like Victor Rask. He was just a good player on a team who wanted to "shake things up." You prey on the teams with that mindset and keep a long view of your franchise. That's the lesson.

The Trocheck trade was kinda weird, while he had an offseason his first year with Q, he was fine last year, 30 ES points in 55 games before he was traded, with 2 years at $4.75M left, so you kinda feel like it was a salary dump. His jump in scoring this year is strictly due to PP usage.
He has 5 points in 15 PO games with Carolina, so there's that.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
That was early in the offseason and I changed my mind later. I guess you've never changed your mind about anything though. Either way, I'm glad I could fill the void in your life with some laughs. I honestly feel bad for you that you have such a sad and pathetic life that you would waste the time to go search all of this stuff. I'd do the same where you and others undoubtedly clamored for Patrick and Frost as the 2C and 3C. Or where you and others said the Niskanen for Gudas trade was bad for the Flyers. Unlike you though I have a life. Carry on with your little nerd circle jerk though and musings about how Ghost going unclaimed meant 30 NHL GM's were all wrong and Sanheim is better than Seth Jones. Talk about funny shit.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The one thing that shouldn't be forgotten about the Hayes signing is the Fletcher probably knew that Patrick was questionable at best for 2019-20.
That meant you had to either depend on Frost, give up the season or sign a center.
As we saw, Frost wasn't ready for prime time, Laughton really isn't a 3C, so Hayes turned out to be absolutely necessary.

Even this coming year, Frost is an unknown, Patrick is an unknown, Laczynski may be ok at 4C but probably lacks the speed to play center higher in the lineup, Laughton is better at LW than center, though he has improved. So you'd probably have to write off 2021-22 without Hayes.

Until Frost proves he can handle 2C, which may be a couple years away, Hayes is really the only alternative for this team.
They definitely need to take a center in the draft unless some other position is clearly BPA, and should think about trading for a young center.
If someone emerges who is better than Hayes at 2C, he can always move to wing. Until then, he's a core player.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Trocheck was traded at the trade deadline. He wasn’t available in the summer. If the Flyers waited until the trade deadline to address their gaping hole at 2C, they’d almost certainly have been out of the playoff hunt, let alone 6th in the league; & there’s no way to know who would be available & if they’d be able to outbid contenders. Not a reasonable path.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Trocheck was traded at the trade deadline. He wasn’t available in the summer. If the Flyers waited until the trade deadline to address their gaping hole at 2C, they’d almost certainly have been out of the playoff hunt, let alone 6th in the league; & there’s no way to know who would be available & if they’d be able to outbid contenders. Not a reasonable path.
who cares lol....we would've had a higher pick last year then and it would've helped more than our current situation. Id rather they not tie themselves down to a 3c at 7million and just get a rental 2c/stop gap until we can acquire a better one

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
its the new age of Roy Cohn. Truth be damned, just double down on whatever your current reality is.

Reactions: Asnito and renberg

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I don't think any of these three truly move the needle. Just dont pay alot.

not many options out there:

mrazek, halak, Anderson, bernier, reimer, dreidger are the only options really. smith, dubnyk, brossoit, raanta suck

halak, mrazek, and Anderson will cost too much...best bet would be to get bernier at a cheaper rate and he's solid enough to backup hart

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That was early in the offseason and I changed my mind later. I guess you've never changed your mind about anything though. Either way, I'm glad I could fill the void in your life with some laughs. I honestly feel bad for you that you have such a sad and pathetic life that you would waste the time to go search all of this stuff. I'd do the same where you and others undoubtedly clamored for Patrick and Frost as the 2C and 3C. Or where you and others said the Niskanen for Gudas trade was bad for the Flyers. Unlike you though I have a life. Carry on with your little nerd circle jerk though and musings about how Ghost going unclaimed meant 30 NHL GM's were all wrong and Sanheim is better than Seth Jones. Talk about funny shit.
As that off-season approached my initial thought was Duchene but I revised my preference, also. One thing I didn’t change was my adamant belief that they had to sign a 2C. I consistently said Brock Nelson should be a serious consideration were he not to re-sign with the Isles. Received a lot of dismissive laughter from the Corsi crowd at the time about that belief. That’s been memory-holed after his strong last two seasons. The Isles knew they couldn’t afford to let him leave.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
not many options out there:

mrazek, halak, Anderson, bernier, reimer, dreidger are the only options really. smith, dubnyk, brossoit, raanta suck

halak, mrazek, and Anderson will cost too much...best bet would be to get bernier at a cheaper rate and he's solid enough to backup hart
sure, fine...just don't go crazy with a deal.

Reactions: flyerslducks

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
i dont see how he is any better than those guys I mentioned. cheaper maybe, but he isn't that great too

He’s been fairly solid at least in my viewings. I’d actually argue he could have taken the reigns a bit more if he wasn’t sitting behind Hellebyuck. He’s been kind of hidden up North but think he could provide
some quality goaltending.

I’m not a Bernier or Reimer fan but that’s just me.

Reactions: flyerslducks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad