2021 Roster Thread XV - Where everyone is in agreement about what is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
He’s been fairly solid at least in my viewings. I’d actually argue he could have taken the reigns a bit more if he wasn’t sitting behind Hellebyuck. He’s been kind of hidden up North but think he could provide
some quality goaltending.

I’m not a Bernier or Reimer fan but that’s just me.

I'm not sold on him but he wouldn't be a bad option if everything was too expensive. I still like bernier cus he can handle a bigger load if needed and is more proven. Always liked him when he played with the kings as a backup option. He played well this year too for a shit team

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
dreidger testing ufa. Should we target dreidger, bernier, or reimer?
He'd be whom I would target but I think we're likely getting Dubynk knowing his history with Fletch. I could see Vancouver moving Holtby with some salary retention. That would interest me as well. Ullmark likely getting starter money$5 million plus

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
and i still would like to see us get montour. I disagree the notion that we just need to get a top pair d. We also need to fix the other pairs as well. Montour takes away time from hagg/braun and if we need someone to play int he top 4, i would much rather have montour than those two idiots. I also would like to see montour with sanheim cus I think that would be a nice 2nd pair:

provorov-ghost
sanheim-montour
york-myers

still think ghost wont be here next year if any deal is available. I do think fletcher will try to get jones but I don't think he will overpay as he has been hesitant to trade the youth. Can also see a deal where he trades mid round picks for another braun type d which would be garbage

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
He'd be whom I would target but I think we're likely getting Dubynk knowing his history with Fletch. I could see Vancouver moving Holtby with some salary retention. That would interest me as well. Ullmark likely getting starter money$5 million plus
please god no. dubnyk f***ing sucks lol

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’d consider trading for Khudobin. His age & lack of size worry me, though. On second thought, I’d probably stay away.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
please god no. dubnyk f***ing sucks lol
Wouldn't be my first choice but wouldn't surprise me..

I'd like Driedger, Broissant or Holtby.... but realistically you probably looking for a vet with not large salary expectations that could win the job if Hart tanks but likely is going to be the serviceable backup veteran. Holtby like I said may be perfect. Anderson also needs a bounceback but I can see him going to Buffalo or Wings as a discounted #1. Lots of decisions this off season like what contract do you offer Hart???

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Wouldn't be my first choice but wouldn't surprise me..

I'd like Driedger, Broissant or Holtby.... but realistically you probably looking for a vet with not large salary expectations that could win the job if Hart tanks but likely is going to be the serviceable backup veteran. Holtby like I said may be perfect. Anderson also needs a bounceback but I can see him going to Buffalo or Wings as a discounted #1. Lots of decisions this off season like what contract do you offer Hart???
I'm more interested in what contract sanheim gets. Would be nice to see fletcher get him for a long term deal at like 5. Im not good with contracts but it would be nice to get him a couts like contract

Reactions: renberg

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
and i still would like to see us get montour. I disagree the notion that we just need to get a top pair d. We also need to fix the other pairs as well. Montour takes away time from hagg/braun and if we need someone to play int he top 4, i would much rather have montour than those two idiots. I also would like to see montour with sanheim cus I think that would be a nice 2nd pair:

provorov-ghost
sanheim-montour
york-myers

still think ghost wont be here next year if any deal is available. I do think fletcher will try to get jones but I don't think he will overpay as he has been hesitant to trade the youth. Can also see a deal where he trades mid round picks for another braun type d which would be garbage

I'd be shocked if Fletcher went after Montour, as another Gostisbehere type. There is almost a certainty in my mind that a defensive Dman will be brought in. Watching the Montreal-Toronto game, I thought that Joel Edmundson would fit the likely profile.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I'd be shocked if Fletcher went after Montour, as another Gostisbehere type. There is almost a certainty in my mind that a defensive Dman will be brought in. Watching the Montreal-Toronto game, I thought that Joel Edmundson would fit the likely profile.
well I don't think ghost will be here. hagg or braun have to leave for us to get veteran bottom pairing d. maybe seattle helps us out

Reactions: BernieParent

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I'm more interested in what contract sanheim gets. Would be nice to see fletcher get him for a long term deal at like 5. Im not good with contracts but it would be nice to get him a couts like contract
Honestly Sanheim and Hart's deals are going to dictate what we do this off season... If Sanheim is involved in a trade the main reason imo would be he's asking for way more then he's earned... We should know the status of both before July 1 . I'd sign him to a long term deal but their is risk so it will be interesting what Fletch and his agent are thinking

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
not many options out there:

mrazek, halak, Anderson, bernier, reimer, dreidger are the only options really. smith, dubnyk, brossoit, raanta suck

halak, mrazek, and Anderson will cost too much...best bet would be to get bernier at a cheaper rate and he's solid enough to backup hart

I'd imagine the cost will depend on the role of the back-up. Are the Flyers look for more of a pure back-up for Hart (plays ~20/25 games) or do they want a 1-B (~41 game split) for Hart to lean on if he craps the bed again. If the plan is the latter you got to pay-up a bit to get a higher caliber guy, if it's the former just patiently wait for the squeeze and sign someone on the cheap once teams start running out of cap. Flyers needs to get the top pairing situation solved ASAP or it really doesn't matter who they put in net, a Justin Braun type on the top pairing is just asking for another disappointing season again.

Reactions: phil162888

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I'd look at Anderson if he was taking a discount on his last contract. I fully expect him to want more than I was willing to offer though.

Dreidger is also someone I would look at.

Reactions: BernieParent

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That was early in the offseason and I changed my mind later. I guess you've never changed your mind about anything though. Either way, I'm glad I could fill the void in your life with some laughs. I honestly feel bad for you that you have such a sad and pathetic life that you would waste the time to go search all of this stuff. I'd do the same where you and others undoubtedly clamored for Patrick and Frost as the 2C and 3C. Or where you and others said the Niskanen for Gudas trade was bad for the Flyers. Unlike you though I have a life. Carry on with your little nerd circle jerk though and musings about how Ghost going unclaimed meant 30 NHL GM's were all wrong and Sanheim is better than Seth Jones. Talk about funny shit.

Dude, spare me, please. You can't take shots at others for holding certain positions and then have it turn out that the only people who held those positions were you and tweedle dee and tweedle dum. Maybe instead that should make you think before you post shit.

Also, I didn't have to search anything, it was posted to the thread, but in any case it's not like using the search feature is more difficult that typing a couple of words. I would have gladly rolled with Frost & Patrick if we took an actual shot at Panarin and in any event would have avoided giving Hayes that contract at all costs, and I was fully on the record about that at the time. I still am not crazy about the Niskanen for Gudas move for several reasons, but I believe I was on the record at the time as liking Niskanen as a player. I don't look at advanced stats and frankly haven't keyed in on Jones enough to have a strong opinion of him as a player, so I have no idea if Sanheim is better. I do see that one side of that debate is posting a bunch of data to back up their point while the other side has failed to make any cogent argument whatsoever. I do know that Sanheim is probably this team's best defenseman right now, though I do wonder if Provorov would be more consistent if we didn't play him like he was Ray Bourque. The ongoing misevaluation of Ghost is a debacle of organizational incompetence rooted in Hockey Guy™ and I couldn't care less if he was waived 10 times and went unclaimed all 10 times.

Reactions: Tripod and Striiker

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
God damn I love the "you have a pathetic life" posts on a hockey forum. We all have thousands of posts on here, we're all losers :laugh:
Digging up a post he made two years ago is pretty pathetic though. People should have better things to do. I'm always surprised how people even remember these posts. I don't even remember my own posts from two years ago because who cares.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Digging up a post he made two years ago is pretty pathetic though. People should have better things to do. I'm always surprised how people even remember these posts. I don't even remember my own posts from two years ago because who cares.

No one would have dug up any posts of his if he didn't make unsubstantiated claims about what other people were advocating. The only people interested in Duchene were him, you, and GB. Maybe that should give you all a little bit of pause before you start lambasting other people for positions they didn't even hold.

Reactions: Striiker

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
No one would have dug up any posts of his if he didn't make unsubstantiated claims about what other people were advocating. The only people interested in Duchene were him, you, and GB. Maybe that should give you all a little bit of pause before you start lambasting other people for positions they didn't even hold.
I have no problem admitting that I was interested in Duchene. He's always been a player I liked. I'm sure you can find posts from me from that summer where I wanted us to sign him instead of Hayes.
But I also have no problem admitting that not signing him was a good decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad