Red Sox/MLB 2021 Regular Season III - Great Start, Let's hope it continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I threw at a dudes head once, I’d do it again too. Unnecessarily slapped my buddy in the face when my friend gave himself up in a rundown. It was basically an assault and not a tag

The bean ball hit him in the helmet and he cried. He was like 16. Grow the f*** up. I threw high 70s tops that day

It’s pretty easy to not get drilled intentionally in baseball. Idk how anybody can be a fan of Pedro if that’s a big deal to them. He’s probably my favorite player of all time so maybe that’s why I love me a pitcher who bullies a guy in the box who is pulling some bullshit

I liked it when Barnes did it to Baltimore/Machado, I like it now

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I threw at a dudes head once, I’d do it again too. Unnecessarily slapped my buddy in the face when my friend gave himself up in a rundown. It was basically an assault and not a tag

The bean ball hit him in the helmet and he cried. He was like 16. Grow the f*** up. I threw high 70s tops that day

It’s pretty easy to not get drilled intentionally in baseball. Idk how anybody can be a fan of Pedro if that’s a big deal to them. He’s probably my favorite player of all time so maybe that’s why I love me a pitcher who bullies a guy in the box who is pulling some bullshit

I liked it when Barnes did it to Baltimore/Machado, I like it now

I don't like the head hunting in a game with the DH.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm all for throwing above a guy's head to send a message. Every once in a while you need it. Just don't do it randomly and haphazardly like post-roid Clemens.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
MLBPA filed a grievance around the pay for the 2020 60-game season. CBA expires in December. I have a feeling that we're headed for a 2022 strike.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
MLBPA filed a grievance around the pay for the 2020 60-game season. CBA expires in December. I have a feeling that we're headed for a 2022 strike.
Both sides seem to be spoiling for a fight. There's too much new blood in the game, particularly from the player's side, to remember the long-term effects from the 1994-95 stoppage. A lengthy dispute, coupled with rules changes and pace of play might be even more significant.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
FanGraphs has Davis as their #3 prospect now. I knew this kid would fly up boards but I wasn’t expecting this at all

Leiter 1. Mayer 2. Rocker at 4. Lawlar at 5.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
FanGraphs has Davis as their #3 prospect now. I knew this kid would fly up boards but I wasn’t expecting this at all

Leiter 1. Mayer 2. Rocker at 4. Lawlar at 5.

I've been saying it for weeks. If we can't get one of the two Vandy pitchers, then give me the power-hitting franchise catcher over the shortstops any day of the week and twice on Sunday. There's no shortage of good middle infielders out there, and we've got a bunch in the system already. If you get a catcher on par with a Posey, Molina, Sal Perez, you're set for a decade.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I've been saying it for weeks. If we can't get one of the two Vandy pitchers, then give me the power-hitting franchise catcher over the shortstops any day of the week and twice on Sunday. There's no shortage of good middle infielders out there, and we've got a bunch in the system already. If you get a catcher on par with a Posey, Molina, Sal Perez, you're set for a decade.

I would bet money on a Vandy pitcher being there at 4 at this point and Davis not being there. I’ve now seen him linked to 1.01

I’ll take a workhorse like Rocker or an electric arm like Leiter though

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Ever since I said I was done with Renfroe, he's been on an absolute tear.

Maybe he reads HFBoards and that was all the motivation he needed.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought Franchy would be the everyday with Renfroe rotating in before the season, but Renfroe is an animal. Franchy needs to be DFA, his swing is an absolute mess.

he has options, zero reason to DFA

I know it’s probably surprising to learn he has options- idk why they haven’t used one yet. It’s what I’m most perplexed about at this point

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
he has options, zero reason to DFA

I know it’s probably surprising to learn he has options- idk why they haven’t used one yet. It’s what I’m most perplexed about at this point
Didn't know that. Maybe when Kike and Arroyo come back, Chavis can stay up, or Santana is ready (isn't that mid June to make the call on him?)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Pivetta was cruising.

2-1

Andriese comes in, 8 minutes later 3-2 Angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad