Red Sox/MLB 2021 Regular Season III - Great Start, Let's hope it continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I still think they can come in 3rd in the AL East.

Ha all this time I thought the Yankees would eventually overtake them. I just want some reinforcements now. Let's see if Bazardo can turn into something. Get Cordero out of here ASAP. I feel bad picking on him but you just can't keep putting him out there.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
3rd is probably about right, there is still some upside with them though. If Duran establishes himself and Sale comes back they’ll be in the thick of things. Every team in the American league has warts this year

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ha all this time I thought the Yankees would eventually overtake them. I just want some reinforcements now. Let's see if Bazardo can turn into something. Get Cordero out of here ASAP. I feel bad picking on him but you just can't keep putting him out there.

Poor guy is hitting .150 with 33 Ks in 80 at bats, and they still send him out there.

Please release him.

Reactions: bbfan419

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
zero reason to release him when he has options

People need to realize he had covid and missed most of the spring. He started off with a 7 game hitting streak but some of those were rather lucky hits. I’d like to see him at least string together regular bats in Worcester before punting on him

The other announced player in the deal is throwing pretty well for Portland right now so that’s promising

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Benintendi 3 hits this afternoon first 3 at bats

would have been a nice 6th hitter

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fan of the day in Chicago

upload_2021-5-13_16-47-13.png

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
....as long as we get Rocket I'm good.

I want Leiter but there is no way he falls.

Some mocks have Rocker falling to us. If Davis is indeed a top 3 lock, it‘s entirely possible that both Vandy pitchers will be available when we pick. Laws recent mock has a scenario exactly like this: Davis, Lawlar, Mayer and Rocker to us. But I think Bloom would actually take Leiter since he‘d fit his timeline better (contending as soon as 2022/23). The Sox can afford to take the higher floor pitcher, while the other bad teams would rather have the higher ceiling and longer development time to fit their timelines better.

No matter what, pretty much any outcome guarantees us a top prospect coming out of this draft. There is a consensus top 5 in this draft. Basically no serious mock does not have Lawlar, Mayer, Davis, Rocker and Leiter in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad