The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Duran just crushes one - well I am about 10 minutes behind

watching the on NESN

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
CBS Sports thinks the Red Sox are legitimate Playoff contenders this season. :thumbu:

from cbssports.com:

red-sox-celebrate-1.png

When the Boston Red Sox take the field on Tuesday to begin a three-game series against the Oakland Athletics, they'll do it with the peace of mind that comes with possessing the majors' largest division lead. The Red Sox, who entered the spring presumed to be the third- or fourth-best team in the American League East, instead lead the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays by three games apiece, a product in part of winning four of their last five contests.

While the season is too young to take its results at face value, mid-May is often when the re-evaluation process begins. Enough time has passed for team-level results to have an impact on the final standings. For example, the Red Sox's hot start (22-14, or a 99-win pace) means that playing .500 ball from here out would leave them with an 85-77 record. Four "banked" wins may not seem like much, but it can make the difference when a team is deciding what to do at the trade deadline, or when a team finds itself in a tight playoff race.

With that in mind, it's time to start asking: are the Red Sox a legitimate playoff contender? Here are three factors that lead us to believe the answer is yes.

Full story: Three reasons why Red Sox, who currently have baseball's best record, are legitimate playoff contenders

Reactions: bbfan419

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
How the hell is Jed Lowrie still in MLB...long live the double ear flap helmet!

Two nights in a row the bullpen blows a good start. Gonna need some help.

Reactions: CDJ

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I find it hard to believe that there isn’t someone in the organization, unsigned or in a beer league somewhere than can’t give more than Cordero is giving them.

He’s an automatic out right now.

Reactions: bbfan419

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I find it hard to believe that there isn’t someone in the organization, unsigned or in a beer league somewhere than can’t give more than Cordero is giving them.

He’s an automatic out right now.

Imo they’re just waiting on Santana to get healthy. He’s playing rehab games and doing ok in them from what I saw, shouldn’t be too much longer

Cordero is doing the baseball equivalent of gripping the stick too tight. He needs to reset in Worcester

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Imo they’re just waiting on Santana to get healthy. He’s playing rehab games and doing ok in them from what I saw, shouldn’t be too much longer

Cordero is doing the baseball equivalent of gripping the stick too tight. He needs to reset in Worcester

How much longer do you think?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just got a hit in Worcester. Can’t be more than a week or two

I think they need to just sit him and put Dalbec at first and Chavis in the OF,

Only use Cordero as a defensive replacement.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think they need to just sit him and put Dalbec at first and Chavis in the OF,

Only use Cordero as a defensive replacement.

I would do that, I honestly think they’re ruining Cordero at this point. He’s lost a lot of development time to injuries and needs the consistent reps. Not scattered playing time that is littered with repeated failure

it’s not like they need to DFA him

Arauz is up so they could just go Marwin-Verdugo-Renfroe for now if they wanted to

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad