Red Sox/MLB 2021 Regular Season III - Great Start, Let's hope it continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Who even cares if he needs TJ? I would take him #1 or 2...wherever he is slated to go. Nobody should be scared of TJ "guys" these days. You should just expect it will happen at some point.

Oh and Eck is so good.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Who even cares if he needs TJ? I would take him #1 or 2...wherever he is slated to go. Nobody should be scared of TJ "guys" these days. You should just expect it will happen at some point.

Oh and Eck is so good.

I'm pretty sure the highest a pitcher who's had TJ surgery has been drafted is #8 (Cal Quantrill 2016), so if Leiter gets it, he's not going top 5.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
There is no reason to draft a pitcher with a top 4 pick

I go back and forth on this. I don't trust the risk of pitchers, but they've struggled to develop top quality starting pitchers, so it's hard to pass up the opportunity to draft Rocker or Leiter, assuming his health checks out.

Right now, I'd be happy with any of Lawlar, Mayer, Davis, Rocker, or Leiter. I don't really have an order of preference, but those are my clear top five.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I go back and forth on this. I don't trust the risk of pitchers, but they've struggled to develop top quality starting pitchers, so it's hard to pass up the opportunity to draft Rocker or Leiter, assuming his health checks out.

Right now, I'd be happy with any of Lawlar, Mayer, Davis, Rocker, or Leiter. I don't really have an order of preference, but those are my clear top five.

Ya I agree for sure. I just think there’s so much risk with pitchers and you can find good arms later.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And this is why you don’t give up on a bonafide starting pitcher after 2 bad starts in 4 April games
Sports Hub guys like Bertrand wanted him gone

marc Bertrand is the single worst full time host I’ve heard in 50 yrs

Reactions: shoulders7 and CDJ

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts

Eck can f*** off, elite move by Richards. That’s the old school baseball I love. Bob Gibson pees in your soups Dennis!

Throwing at a guys head can be career or even life changing. You would think a Redsox fan (remember Tony C?) would be aware of this. That is a completely ridiculous over reaction to the hitter being a bit of a twat and putting his elbow over the plate.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ya I don't have any problem brushing guys back or even hitting a guy like Canha who WANTS to get hit. But you don't throw at the head. No need.

Reactions: Jdavidev

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Throwing at a guys head can be career or even life changing. You would think a Redsox fan (remember Tony C?) would be aware of this. That is a completely ridiculous over reaction to the hitter being a bit of a twat and putting his elbow over the plate.

Hey if he wants to lean into strikes he can lean into that. Not like he got him

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Sports Hub guys like Bertrand wanted him gone

marc Bertrand is the single worst full time host I’ve heard in 50 yrs
So true, although he has lots of competition for that title. Amazing in such a major sports crazy market that the majority of the shows can be so bad and the hosts so uninformed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad