2021 QMJHL Draft

maritimecoach007

Mar 28, 2021
MacKinnon, Pattersson, Gendron, Allen, Squires, Coughlin, B. Nadeau, Peddle, Burbidge, Mossey, Rotondi, Pelletier, J. Campbell, Collette, J. MacDonald, Topilnickyj, N. Ryan, L. McPhee, J. Todd, are the most likely candidates.

I have 14 atlantic players in my current top 36 for what it's worth.

It's always so tough to predict how players are going to develop and adjust at the next level, especially when the expectation for alot of these kids teams are looking at is to make the jump from Major U15 to Major U18, get drafted after season 1 in U18 and then make the jump to the Q within a season or two later, which is an incredibly steep hill to climb as a player, which is why only a certain number of players ever play a game of major Junior hockey.

I don't know much about the group of 05s from NS or from the NB private school and would like to hear more about who has potential to go in this year's draft.

I have gotten a chance to view a good deal of the players in NB and PEI 05 group and although all these guys won't get taken in the upcoming draft, I believe they will be skaters or should be , teams are looking at and or evaluating.
From PEI I think this group includes;

Luke Coughlin (Charlottetown)
Caleb MacDonald (Charlottetown)
Jude Campbell(Charlottetown)
Harry Clements(Charlottetown)
Cam Squires(Mount)
Nathan Mossey(Mount)
Max Senter(Kensington)
Keifer Thompson(Kensington)

After that group I think there is a drop off in the talent level and maybe players like Clark Allain, Brett Arsenault, Pat Shea and Sam Bowness get a look but I actually think there is better player potential in some 05 players playing minor U18 AAA who decided against playing major U18 due to travel concerns because of covid-19 and potential to restrict travel for organized hockey which we seen at multiple points this season. There's 4-5 05s in that league that come to mind.

As far as the NB group of 05s go I think the ones being considered would be;
The strong group from Moncton in

Justin Gendron
Luke Patterson
Phil Collette
Dylan MacKinnon
Xavier Farrah

then Owen Arnold(SJ)
Ian Dickie(SJ)
Drake Pattison(SJ)
Noah Ryan(SJ)
Brad Nadeau(Caps)
Will Hodgson(Caps)
Anton Topilnyckyj(Caps)
Ryan Hackett(Northern)
Jack Flanagan(Mount)
Matt Pelletier(Mount)
Liam Travis(Mount)
Dominic Deschenes (Mount)
Salem Johnson(Mount)

Like I said above, not all of these guys will go in this upcoming qmjhl draft but I wouldnt be a bit surprised if the majority of the listed players are taken from what I seen from there play this season and considering the Quebec AAA leagues have struggled to get in games to view those 05 prospects.

Curious anyone elses thoughts on these players that has gotten a chance to view the NB / PEI 05 group . I'm also interested to hear more about the prospects from NS and the private schools in NB with the 05 group as well!

maritimecoach007

Mar 28, 2021
You could definitely be right, could be as simple as that, it's just odd a kid is brought up or would be targeted by another player in the league or teammate due to them being jealous, when he isn't even leading his own team in points let alone dominating the Central NB AA league...?

Just my thoughts, leave it's to HFB to bring people out of the woodwork though haha

My guess is this is a jealous player in the league, or possibly on the team. He registers as the kids father to embarrass the family. I agree there are fathers, family and likely girlfriends that come here to boast but this one checks out as more childish to me.

Maritime CSR

Apr 2, 2021
I watched the Vito’s Facebook livestream when they played Fredericton a couple nights ago, and a couple guys really stood out. Chase Aldridge is rebellious out there, and does not back down to anyone. He is only 5’9, 184lbs, but was unreal against Fredericton. Awesome offensive defensemen with skills I have never seen before. He was a menace, and was laying the body like I have never seen before. Chase using a very long shaft, and comes out to play hard, especially when the girls are in attendance. “I use my long shaft to penetrate the offence, and make their lives hell. My goal is to leave them in pain”

Maritime CSR

Apr 2, 2021
I watched the Vito’s Facebook livestream when they played Fredericton a couple nights ago, and a couple guys really stood out. Chase Aldridge is rebellious out there, and does not back down to anyone. He is only 5’9, 184lbs, but was unreal against Fredericton. Awesome offensive defensemen with skills I have never seen before. He was a menace, and was laying the body like I have never seen before. Chase using a very long shaft, and comes out to play hard, especially when the girls are in attendance. “I use my long shaft to penetrate the offence, and make their lives hell. My goal is to leave them in pain”
Here’s the link to his elite prospects:
Chase Aldridge at eliteprospects.com

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
It's always so tough to predict how players are going to develop and adjust at the next level, especially when the expectation for alot of these kids teams are looking at is to make the jump from Major U15 to Major U18, get drafted after season 1 in U18 and then make the jump to the Q within a season or two later, which is an incredibly steep hill to climb as a player, which is why only a certain number of players ever play a game of major Junior hockey.

I don't know much about the group of 05s from NS or from the NB private school and would like to hear more about who has potential to go in this year's draft.

I have gotten a chance to view a good deal of the players in NB and PEI 05 group and although all these guys won't get taken in the upcoming draft, I believe they will be skaters or should be , teams are looking at and or evaluating.
From PEI I think this group includes;

Luke Coughlin (Charlottetown)
Caleb MacDonald (Charlottetown)
Jude Campbell(Charlottetown)
Harry Clements(Charlottetown)
Cam Squires(Mount)
Nathan Mossey(Mount)
Max Senter(Kensington)
Keifer Thompson(Kensington)

After that group I think there is a drop off in the talent level and maybe players like Clark Allain, Brett Arsenault, Pat Shea and Sam Bowness get a look but I actually think there is better player potential in some 05 players playing minor U18 AAA who decided against playing major U18 due to travel concerns because of covid-19 and potential to restrict travel for organized hockey which we seen at multiple points this season. There's 4-5 05s in that league that come to mind.

As far as the NB group of 05s go I think the ones being considered would be;
The strong group from Moncton in

Justin Gendron
Luke Patterson
Phil Collette
Dylan MacKinnon
Xavier Farrah

then Owen Arnold(SJ)
Ian Dickie(SJ)
Drake Pattison(SJ)
Noah Ryan(SJ)
Brad Nadeau(Caps)
Will Hodgson(Caps)
Anton Topilnyckyj(Caps)
Ryan Hackett(Northern)
Jack Flanagan(Mount)
Matt Pelletier(Mount)
Liam Travis(Mount)
Dominic Deschenes (Mount)
Salem Johnson(Mount)

Like I said above, not all of these guys will go in this upcoming qmjhl draft but I wouldnt be a bit surprised if the majority of the listed players are taken from what I seen from there play this season and considering the Quebec AAA leagues have struggled to get in games to view those 05 prospects.

Curious anyone elses thoughts on these players that has gotten a chance to view the NB / PEI 05 group . I'm also interested to hear more about the prospects from NS and the private schools in NB with the 05 group as well!
Moncton's young talent pool is deeper than noted. Both Martin & Lounsbury are solid prospects playing important minutes and their goaltending duo of Leblanc & Farrah have been equally good. El Tahan is one of the better Mount prospects that I have watched.

maritimecoach007

Mar 28, 2021
I could definitely see that being the case. I do like the game I see from Lounsbury, probably a bit more so than what I've seen from Martin but both could still make an impact at the next level. My take is Lounsbury would need some more seasoning to excel at the next level compared to some of his 05 Born teammates. Goalies, I'm not super familiar with either players , and usually don't include goalies in my listings unless they're someone I have watched there entire career as goalies are extremlyyyyy hard to project.

As far as the Mount goes, I was in attendance for there Island Covid Cup semifinal game vs Charlottetown Knights in which they were up with 10 mins to go in the third and allowed two goals in the span of 51 seconds to lose the game. They held tough against a shorthanded Knights squad for most of the game.
From my view, Burbidge and Pelletier were the best Mount skaters by a considerable margin. El Tahan was next strongest for Mount in the game over the weekend. Really good motor and always involved in the play. Decent shot, good vision and puck poise. Earlier this year when I watched, I felt like he was very inconsistent in all zones and almost carried a tenativeness in his game which I didn't see present in this particular game. He was in the outside looking in from my lists at the beginning of the season so we will see if a team has seen enough to take him. Someone who I still think will end up going in the upcoming Q draft but I believe his stock has fallen is Cam Squires. Coming into the year I had him as a likely candidate to go in the first 3 rounds of the upcoming Q draft. After not getting alot of games in this season I think he has likely fallen to a mid round pick this year.
Liam Travis had a solid game and has anytime I have seen him, if anything holds him back from making the jump to the next level it will be his skating.
I don't have them on my lists currently but Jonah MacDonald and Benjamin Luneiere (G) looked good over the weekend as well. Particularly Benjamin in net looked good and though they did not pull out the win, outplayed his counterpart Williams from the Knights.

Moncton's young talent pool is deeper than noted. Both Martin & Lounsbury are solid prospects playing important minutes and their goaltending duo of Leblanc & Farrah have been equally good. El Tahan is one of the better Mount prospects that I have watched.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Jonah MacDonald is a decent size forward with minor level skill with the puck, he seems shy going into the corners with opposing players and doesn't like the front of the net. If he had a full year in the league like others that fall into this group of players, these areas would of been corrected. As of what I've watched from this player I need more aggressive play from him to be considered in this Draft. Jonah had better games at the start of the year but somewhere he lost his nerve as the year went on.
I also had C. Squires as a middle pick of this Draft. As some had him in round 1 pick, I started second guessing myself and moved him to round 3 but my first valuation of round 6-7 makes more sense to me for what he has to offer.
Keifer (Kensington/Net Minder) has played decent the 3 times I've watched him, his glove hand is weak compared to his blocker and his side to side motion between the posts has a hitch which makes that movement imparied and slower. He will be a late pick in this years Draft IMO. Max Sentner, plays a big game, smooth fast skater and has a good hard shot when he can get it off, often blocked. He needs to devolop on shot timing as he often drifts into traffic before he shoots. Kensington (U18) had him on multiple lines throughout the games (Center/Left W) versatile. He gravatates to corners in the defence zones and leaves him behind the play going forward. Kensington has trouble on Defence in their end so I can see a coach wanting him that deep. I have him in rounds 4-5 in this coming Draft.

Last edited:

maritimecoach007

Mar 28, 2021
Agree with most of your points. Thompson will likely be a late round pick and definitely has some fine tuning to focus on, hopefully the strong goalie coaches in Kensington can help him round out his game, he has some raw talent.
Jonah MacDonald I don't have in any of my lists, just noted that he stood out for the Mount vs the Knights over the weekend.
Squires was a solid prospect coming out of U15 for the Atlantic Provinces but in every game u have seen him play this year, he seems like he's struggling to adjust to the bigger bodies and the faster pace. Don't get me wrong every know and then you see flashes of his potential in the offensive zone bit I truly believe he has been passed by a number of his peers over the last calendar year. I wonder if the families decision to have him begin the season playing in the states, has anything to do with this. His older brother has considerable QMJHL experience, so the family I assume would be well versed in the process, I just can't quite put my finger on the reason why the would make this decision instead of him staying home and playing U18 on PEI unless he was strongly considering the NCAA route. Again with his brother having played considerable time in the Q system my assumption has always been the Cam Squires would try to go the same path. This will be fascinating to see how it plays out.

Sentner will be a tough one to call. Definitely Q level talent there IMO, but there are some definite discipline issues present in his game. He also has a history of jumping around from team to team, started minor hockey in the Mid Isle district, jumped to play Major Bantam in Central as a first year for Cam Squires father, then left Central in his second bantam season 2 games into the season To to play U16 at the Mount
(where he also appeared in 6 games for the Charlottetown Knights Major U18 as an AP) then left the following season to play with Kennington Major U18 in his first year. I just wonder if he has already earner a reputation as somewhat of a hot head and someone that's a handful and hard to coach. I think everyone would agree that at the next level, these attributes make you expendable in majority of cases. Should be interesting to see how it plays out through his midget development.

Jonah MacDonald is a decent size forward with minor level skill with the puck, he seems shy going into the corners with opposing players and doesn't like the front of the net. If he had a full year in the league like others that fall into this group of players, these areas would of been corrected. As of what I've watched from this player I need more aggressive play from him to be considered in this Draft. Jonah had better games at the start of the year but somewhere he lost his nerve as the year went on.
I also had C. Squires as a middle pick of this Draft. As some had him in round 1 pick, I started second guessing myself and moved him to round 3 but my first valuation of round 6-7 makes more sense to me for what he has to offer.
Keifer (Kensington/Net Minder) has played decent the 3 times I've watched him, his glove hand is weak compared to his blocker and his side to side motion between the posts has a hitch which makes that movement imparied and slower. He will be a late pick in this years Draft IMO. Max Sentner, plays a big game, smooth fast skater and has a good hard shot when he can get it off, often blocked. He needs to devolop on shot timing as he often drifts into traffic before he shoots. Kensington (U18) had him on multiple lines throughout the games (Center/Left W) versatile. He gravatates to corners in the defence zones and leaves him behind the play going forward. Kensington has trouble on Defence in their end so I can see a coach wanting him that deep. I have him in rounds 4-5 in this coming Draft.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Agree with most of your points. Thompson will likely be a late round pick and definitely has some fine tuning to focus on, hopefully the strong goalie coaches in Kensington can help him round out his game, he has some raw talent.
Jonah MacDonald I don't have in any of my lists, just noted that he stood out for the Mount vs the Knights over the weekend.
Squires was a solid prospect coming out of U15 for the Atlantic Provinces but in every game u have seen him play this year, he seems like he's struggling to adjust to the bigger bodies and the faster pace. Don't get me wrong every know and then you see flashes of his potential in the offensive zone bit I truly believe he has been passed by a number of his peers over the last calendar year. I wonder if the families decision to have him begin the season playing in the states, has anything to do with this. His older brother has considerable QMJHL experience, so the family I assume would be well versed in the process, I just can't quite put my finger on the reason why the would make this decision instead of him staying home and playing U18 on PEI unless he was strongly considering the NCAA route. Again with his brother having played considerable time in the Q system my assumption has always been the Cam Squires would try to go the same path. This will be fascinating to see how it plays out.

Sentner will be a tough one to call. Definitely Q level talent there IMO, but there are some definite discipline issues present in his game. He also has a history of jumping around from team to team, started minor hockey in the Mid Isle district, jumped to play Major Bantam in Central as a first year for Cam Squires father, then left Central in his second bantam season 2 games into the season To to play U16 at the Mount
(where he also appeared in 6 games for the Charlottetown Knights Major U18 as an AP) then left the following season to play with Kennington Major U18 in his first year. I just wonder if he has already earner a reputation as somewhat of a hot head and someone that's a handful and hard to coach. I think everyone would agree that at the next level, these attributes make you expendable in majority of cases. Should be interesting to see how it plays out through his midget development.

Sentner is late 13th round pick at best. He does skate well, but it ends there for me. Sorry, I know there are some die hard Sentner fans on this board, but there are 100 Sentner's playing in Quebec who have zero PIM's this season.
Squires stock has dropped without question. Not sure what is going on there either, but the NCAA card I thought was on the table as well....but that ended abruptly at Christmas.
J, MacDonald will be a 6-8 round pick for his size alone...and he does have some skill as well. Really hard to rate this crop of PEI kids as the league was so one sided. Not leaving the Island to play games has hurt them.

maritimecoach007

Mar 28, 2021
I question whether a team takes a chance in Sentner this year, but have been wrong before. Not sure if I think Jonah MacDonald will get taken that high but wouldn't be shocked if he did go in the later rounds of this years Q draft.
You're completely right about not playing off island could effect some of these kids prospects in scouts high with a quality of competition issue which is a shame because I do think the Island 05 group is on the stronger side. One thing that has been confusing to me all season and maybe some teams are on him and trying to keep it quiet but I'm not exactly sure how Caleb MacDonald isn't getting more chatter. He to me has been easily the 2nd best 05 skater of the PEI group after Coughlin, he has been consistently playing Center for the Knights in the middle 6 and thriving, was second on the team in points during the playoffs vs Kensington. Not sure why or how, but from my perception scouts think Jude Campbell, Cam Squires and Max Sentner will all be taken before Caleb MacDonald is the baffling one for me this year. Maybe I'm missing something. Any insight?

Sentner is late 13th round pick at best. He does skate well, but it ends there for me. Sorry, I know there are some die hard Sentner fans on this board, but there are 100 Sentner's playing in Quebec who have zero PIM's this season.
Squires stock has dropped without question. Not sure what is going on there either, but the NCAA card I thought was on the table as well....but that ended abruptly at Christmas.
J, MacDonald will be a 6-8 round pick for his size alone...and he does have some skill as well. Really hard to rate this crop of PEI kids as the league was so one sided. Not leaving the Island to play games has hurt them.

archie

Apr 5, 2018

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I question whether a team takes a chance in Sentner this year, but have been wrong before. Not sure if I think Jonah MacDonald will get taken that high but wouldn't be shocked if he did go in the later rounds of this years Q draft.
You're completely right about not playing off island could effect some of these kids prospects in scouts high with a quality of competition issue which is a shame because I do think the Island 05 group is on the stronger side. One thing that has been confusing to me all season and maybe some teams are on him and trying to keep it quiet but I'm not exactly sure how Caleb MacDonald isn't getting more chatter. He to me has been easily the 2nd best 05 skater of the PEI group after Coughlin, he has been consistently playing Center for the Knights in the middle 6 and thriving, was second on the team in points during the playoffs vs Kensington. Not sure why or how, but from my perception scouts think Jude Campbell, Cam Squires and Max Sentner will all be taken before Caleb MacDonald is the baffling one for me this year. Maybe I'm missing something. Any insight?
I agree, Caleb is good, i really like his game. Playing top 6 on a stacked Knights team does not always get you noticed the way it should. Putting points up against the wild this year it not that great of an accomplishment. That's why I say Covid has hurt these players. Most every game i watched from the Island this year was either a score fest or a slug fest...Mount U17 and U18 included.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
And let's be honest, GM's don't take chances on players, they pick with scouting and conviction and who they feel can actually help their team immediately or down the road. The draft him and we will fix him is a thing of the past.

archie

Apr 5, 2018
Your logic is well presented, the Knights have at least 4 players in the draft list ahead of the Wild however it is much easier to execute when playing a weaker team,, from what I watched they were a mismatch this year! Someone mentioned earlier about a number of players playing AAA midget being possible draft picks because of a number of circumstances, however it is hard to evaluate because of the speed of the game, and time and space is limited! As for my assessment of the Wild Q draft picks I agree Thompson will go first I like Sentner however not sure I like him more than Shea who is a relentless forchecker, and Bowness is a big lad with great net presence and not afraid of the dirty area's I would not pick the order of any of the three. I feel Squires will be the first Island bred chosen in round 2!

maritimecoach007

Mar 28, 2021
I agree, not always easiest to get noticed on a strong lineup or with lopsided scores but I guess my point was Campbell and Arsenault are contributing considerably less to a potent offense as compared to Caleb but it seems his stock is the lowest of the 3 heading into the Q draft which to me is a head scratcher. MacDonald and Campbell are.oftenclinemstes and essentially Campbell plays net front in the offensive zone while the offence is all distributed through MacDonald. Outscoring solid Major U18 players like Huggan, Keough, Chisolm, Blanchard and Stewart should have more scouts clamouring to get this kid in the Q draft before someone other squad beats them to the punch.
On the topic of the Knights as well, it is my assumption thatCole Mckiegan will be taken in the mid rounds of the upcoming MHL Draft coming out of his final U18 season. I have heard from more then one MHL scouts that multiple teams in the North Division have interest in Mckiegan as a mid draft selection.

I agree, Caleb is good, i really like his game. Playing top 6 on a stacked Knights team does not always get you noticed the way it should. Putting points up against the wild this year it not that great of an accomplishment. That's why I say Covid has hurt these players. Most every game i watched from the Island this year was either a score fest or a slug fest...Mount U17 and U18 included.

maritimecoach007

Mar 28, 2021
I really can't see Squires going in round 2, but again that just from what I have seen, I mentioned earlier in the thread have been wrong many times before. I know it's hard to evaluate strength of competition year over year, but if you compare Squires impact as a rookie compared to say Donovan Arsenault and Colby Huggan as 1st years last year. I don't think Squires is in the same league as those 2 skaters and they went in the 2nd and 3rd respectively. Again, just my thoughts but I think in PEI some 05s are defnefinitely getting a tad overhyped.

Your logic is well presented, the Knights have at least 4 players in the draft list ahead of the Wild however it is much easier to execute when playing a weaker team,, from what I watched they were a mismatch this year! Someone mentioned earlier about a number of players playing AAA midget being possible draft picks because of a number of circumstances, however it is hard to evaluate because of the speed of the game, and time and space is limited! As for my assessment of the Wild Q draft picks I agree Thompson will go first I like Sentner however not sure I like him more than Shea who is a relentless forchecker, and Bowness is a big lad with great net presence and not afraid of the dirty area's I would not pick the order of any of the three. I feel Squires will be the first Island bred chosen in round 2!

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I really can't see Squires going in round 2, but again that just from what I have seen, I mentioned earlier in the thread have been wrong many times before. I know it's hard to evaluate strength of competition year over year, but if you compare Squires impact as a rookie compared to say Donovan Arsenault and Colby Huggan as 1st years last year. I don't think Squires is in the same league as those 2 skaters and they went in the 2nd and 3rd respectively. Again, just my thoughts but I think in PEI some 05s are defnefinitely getting a tad overhyped.
PEI typically has 5-6 guys drafted each year, they sneak in 7 or 8 this year. Squires was a projected first overall 2 years ago when he was here for the ice jam...not by me mind you. He is a player who makes the players around him better. Keep in mind what you have seen this season is Squires on a weak U17 (excpect for 1.5 lines) team that can't seem to keep the puck out of their net. Put him on the knights and he leads all rookies in scoring, hands down. Put him a true U18 league and his #'s drop a bit, but still a point per game player.

Reactions: archie

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020

I believe if the rumours are true. Coach Squires was mudding the waters for M. Sentner to get elite status with Hockey PEI and the U18 Knights team, guess he didn't want to lose him for his second year Major Bantam. Parents got wind of this and went to the Mount once they ruled against him playing up a year early. I don't know the player personally other than seeing him in the rinks but the story of this was going around the rinks at that time so if true that would make sense of the move behind him going to U16 Mount. Also by him going to the Mount and the U18 Knights couldn't use him during the 19/20 season as a AP player may of hurt that relationship with them as well the following season. Some Coaches will do anything to make their team better and its sad when a 14/15 years olds boys get caught in the middle, in this case I don't believe it was at fault of player but the system and maybe a coaches power within the system.

Weather he goes in the 4th or 13th round, the team that gets him will only get better with him. If Scouts grade heavy on potential ability as I hear in this forum then IMO he has lots of up swing in his play once he figures out how to stay out of the crumbs after the whistle.

Last edited:
Reactions: maritimecoach007

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
NS league released their awards last night.
2021 NSU18MHL Award Winners
Jake Todd had quite a season. Although I am not convinced he is a first round pick, he certainly put up some impressive #'s. I watched 5 or 6 of his games this year, he will need to work on his defensive game in order make it at the next level, but some of that may have been a coaching strategy this season. Coming out of major bantam, i had a him pegged as a 6-8 rounder, impressive how he stepped up and made a case for himself to be a top 2 round pick. Easily the biggest mover in draft position within NS.

Here is my season report card.....on a few 05's. Several players improved on their 21' draft selections, some remained status quo and others needed a big year and fell just short.

Several 05's picked it up this year and made more of an impact at U18 then expected, thus having their stock rise for this upcoming draft,.Jake MacDonald could have easily received the most improved if there was such an award. Christmas, MacGillivery, Wallace, Gerhardt, Wambolt, Welsh all exceeding my expectations.

Players who were solid coming into the season, who held their own not changing their draft position significantly
McPhee, Lochead, Crosby, Green, Wagner, Shortall, Tucker all met expectations

Players who I felt should of made a move, but did not....
Fowler, Ledrew, Foster, Ives, Reeves, Normandeau, Pilgrem-Edwards all fell slightly below my expectations.

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
All the years I've played, watched, or coached this is by far the hardest year to evaluate! I've seen all the NS teams a couple times each but it's hard to scout properly on such few looks. I've seen Todd 3 times this year and he is extremely smart offensively, with a fair amount of grit for a smaller player. I do believe his stats are a little higher then normal because he is their main fw on the PP, and he double shifts quite a bit. not normal for 15 year olds, but that says a lot about what the coach thinks about him. I can see him going in round 3 or 4 and playing next year on a 4th line in the Q. At 19/20 I can also see him being a point a game player in the Q, and being a go to guy at the end of a game....kind of like a Cameron Critchlow player.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
All the years I've played, watched, or coached this is by far the hardest year to evaluate! I've seen all the NS teams a couple times each but it's hard to scout properly on such few looks. I've seen Todd 3 times this year and he is extremely smart offensively, with a fair amount of grit for a smaller player. I do believe his stats are a little higher then normal because he is their main fw on the PP, and he double shifts quite a bit. not normal for 15 year olds, but that says a lot about what the coach thinks about him. I can see him going in round 3 or 4 and playing next year on a 4th line in the Q. At 19/20 I can also see him being a point a game player in the Q, and being a go to guy at the end of a game....kind of like a Cameron Critchlow player.
I like your thinking...but why wait until round 3 or 4 if you expect him to play in the Q as a 16 year old and be an effecitve player at 19/20?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad