Patriots/NFL 2021 Preseason: Next Game Sunday 8/29 v. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It was "club approved" based on the article.

I have no dog in this fight, but it seems to me that it was an organizational error, not on Cam.

I put it on the player who has made the choice to not vaccinate, since they knew going into it there was going to be 2 sets of rules based on vax status this season. While the team may have misunderstood the protocol, it's only happening because Newton has not been vaccinated.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Lots of virtue signaling brought on by covid. At this point everyone has had the opportunity to get vaccinated. Statistics show the vaccine works. Delta variant is more easily transmissible & breakthrough cases are occurring, however, the majority of these breakthrough cases lead to asymptotic cases or mild side effects.
Imo vaccinated folks are safe. Delta is buzzing through the country regardless of vaccination status. If someone has chosen to not get vaccinated, that’s on them. However they are of no harm to the vaccinated population imo.
The folks who are most at risk from the unvaccinated, are the unvaccinated. NFL completely botched this imo. They caved to media, political, & Twitter pressure. As most of corporate America is. It’s easier to play along than to take heat from the virtue signaling mob. However I have no sympathy for the league when the game schedules start getting effected.

You know children exist, right? And severely immunocompromised people?

You realize the decision not to get vaccinated (which I'm guessing you are not despite having caught it, though I'm not positive) has implications for the rest of society?

Even if you get COVID and don't give it to a single person, you might very well end up taking up an ICU bed that then won't be available to a vaccinated person who suffers a heart attack or is in a major car crash. Hospitals are being overrun right now in some states. The unvaccinated continue to pose threats to everyone.

Calling everything you don't like "virtue signaling" might be fun, but not only is it meaningless, it reveals what this is really all about for you. (As do your past posts on COVID and vaccines. There's a reason you keep defending these selfish, uninformed idiots.)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Aaaannndddd…
Time to move on.

Everyone here knows we will not be doing covid debates.
Theres an entire covid board here full of crappy threads to enjoy.

The discussion was allowed as pertinent to Newton and NFL rules.

Its slipped.

So enough now. Thanks.

Reactions: rfournier103

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm no Mac Jones fan, but he now has my full support over Cam Newton, a player I always loved until this week.*

*Even if I was ready to move on from him after like Week 12 last year

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
People make mistakes, not always intentionally. No need to crucify the kid. Maybe it was an honest oversight.

I don’t see how not getting vaccinated is a “mistake”. It’s a choice.

If people are going to criticize him, do it for choosing something over his teammates or what’s best for his team. He could have taken the other route and made things easier, and he didn’t.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Michel wasn't a bust like N'Keal Harry is but was always terrible asset management taking him in the 1st round. And now you can only get late round picks because you were most likely going to cut him.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I should add, even if it turns into a 4th...you drafted him in the first. I don't agree that it's solid value unless Ian meant for the Rams.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If it's solid value, wouldn't it mean that both teams paid a fair price

Guess Ian would need to clarify. I suppose it's solid value for the Pats in that they would have cut him. And then actually taking him in the first round is a separate discussion.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
They got something for him. He's a free agent at the end of the year and they have depth and youth at running back. I guess they should have cut one of them and got nothing..

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

If people are going to criticize him, do it for choosing something over his teammates or what’s best for his team. He could have taken the other route and made things easier, and he didn’t.

Didn't Cam also break protocol last season? and then ending up getting COVID? Doesn't fee like this guy is putting the team first..

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
They got something for him. He's a free agent at the end of the year and they have depth and youth at running back. I guess they should have cut one of them and got nothing..

Huh? I couldn't care less they traded Michel. Take a bag of balls if that's all you could get. Just angry they took him in the first round to begin with.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

By “mistake” I was referring to his apparent breaking of testing protocol.

Reactions: bp13

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
And we still have 5 RBs that will make the roster, insane depth for us.. also proves why RBs don’t need to be taken in the first round (there are exceptions to this obv) and there isn’t a lot of value after the rookie contract is up

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Guess Ian would need to clarify. I suppose it's solid value for the Pats in that they would have cut him. And then actually taking him in the first round is a separate discussion.
I feel like an average rb goes for about 4th rounder and that's what Michel is. He would get the yards in front of him and hold onto the ball. Wasn't really going to do much else

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
But if they had kept Sony, they wouldn't have been able to keep Brandon Bolden, and you know how important special teams is...:naughty:
Michel 5.7 yards in 80 carries last season

looked great catching ball out of backfield last 2 weeks

dumb

unless JJ Taylor Is the next Danny Woodhead or Mack Herron this sucks

maybe they use money to bump Gilmore or extend and Taylor legit

bottom line if WR are average at best and if Harris goes who’s their starting RB ?

Brady laughing somewhere

Reactions: Number6 and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA